Does Avril Lavigne think she is a Punk?

Mutant Rose

I am really not familiar with her or her music except the incessant Hey Hey you you I don't like your girlfriend that is played 1000 times aday on the radio so imagine my suprise to see her on fashion rock tonight with her and her group sounding ever so bubble gum pop and yet looking pretty Punk So what is the story. Is any of her music actually any good?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really not familiar with her or her music except the incessant Hey Hey you you I don't like your girlfriend that is played 1000 times aday on the radio so imagine my suprise to see her on fashion rock tonight with her and her group sounding ever so bubble gum pop and yet looking pretty Punk So what is the story. Is any of her music actually any good?

It's definitely pop. Or about as much punk as Good Charlotte.

What exactly is Punk anyways?

for the record, she refers to herself as punk. MTV and VH1 have dubbed acts like her, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, and all those other corny, punk wannabe posers Pop-Punk.

what Punk is is the Ramones

punk? ahahahahahahahaahahhaha...

Has she ever got into fights in the street?

has she ever slept in a gutter drunk?

Has she even been induldged in underage drinking?

has she used drugs

has she protested against the government?

The sex pistols

the ramones are punk

Shes a poser

punk is a lifestyle not a fashion

she wears what she clals punk

but doesnt act like it.

lol....punk , if shes a punk then ima habitual criminal

for the record, she refers to herself as punk. MTV and VH1 have dubbed acts like her, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, and all those other corny, punk wannabe posers Pop-Punk.

what Punk is is the Ramones

Pop punk is probably as close as it gets as far as labels go. But she's got some songs that are the furthest possible thing from punk or rock...

punk is the spirit of invention and the fight against the complacency of the status quo :)

As said its a gimmick. The record company told her to dress like that an she will sell records. She dressed like that and she has sold records. I'd call that a success.

What i dont like about her is she has i think four albums already & all except seven or eight songs blur into one.

I've always liked her, but more so when she first started out. She's talented, but she's for the younger generation. I'd take her over Brittney Spears anyday.

although I do second that notion, I gotta say, if I'm in the mood to lisen to some bubble-gum pop and NOT hate myself, I'm gonna go for Christina Aguilera, the only one I have any kinda respect fr, and, the only one I can put up with.

punk? ahahahahahahahaahahhaha...

Has she ever got into fights in the street?

has she ever slept in a gutter drunk?

Has she even been induldged in underage drinking?

has she used drugs

has she protested against the government?

The sex pistols

the ramones are punk

Shes a poser

punk is a lifestyle not a fashion

she wears what she clals punk

but doesnt act like it.

lol....punk , if shes a punk then ima habitual criminal

Actually punk is a music genre. You're just talking about Sid Vicious and we all know how that went.