Load and Reload

Vincent Vega

They are terrible IMO. If you're a fan of their earlier stuff I can't imagine you would like them, because they sound like a pathetic attempt to cater to what was going on in the mainstream at the time. If you like generic, derivative "modern rock" like Creed or Nickleback you might like them though.

Both are just barely "good" albums. But I like them overall.

There's actually a lot of great material there, but at almost 30 songs total, they're simply mired in a lot of surrounding mediocrity. If they'd been paired down to one album, it'd be a different story entirely.

Favorites on Load:

House That Jack Built

Until it Sleeps

Hero of the Day

Bleeding Me

Mama Said

Outlaw Torn

And Reload:

Fuel

The Unforgiven II

Where the Wild Things Are (fucking terrific song - eerie stuff.)

Low Man's Lyric

I actually really liked them. I don't care if people think that "must mean I like Nickelback" - it appealed to me alot, I never really got into Thrash that much, I mean, hell , I love Megadeth more than Metallica, but I thought 'Deth's 90s output was far, far greater than their 80s. That includes Rust In Peace.

I love Memory Remains, Until It Sleeps, Fuel and especially King Nothing ;)

and it all crashes down, and you break your crown,

and you point your finger but there's no one around,

just want one thing, just to play the king,

but the castle's crumbled and you're left with just a name,

where's your crown King Nothing?!

Monty

Both are just barely "good" albums. But I like them overall.

There's actually a lot of great material there, but at almost 30 songs total, they're simply mired in a lot of surrounding mediocrity. If they'd been paired down to one album, it'd be a different story entirely.

Favorites on Load:

House That Jack Built

Until it Sleeps

Hero of the Day

Bleeding Me

Mama Said

Outlaw Torn

And Reload:

Fuel

The Unforgiven II

Where the Wild Things Are (fucking terrific song - eerie stuff.)

Low Man's Lyric

That song is a real hidden gem. Great lyrics.

They are terrible IMO. If you're a fan of their earlier stuff I can't imagine you would like them, because they sound like a pathetic attempt to cater to what was going on in the mainstream at the time. If you like generic, derivative "modern rock" like Creed or Nickleback you might like them though.

So it`s impossible to like more than one genre/music style?

It`s good that some bands try to evolve a bit and especially Load is underrated. Some fillers here to, but also some really good songs

It`s good that some bands try to evolve a bit and especially Load is underrated. Some fillers here to, but also some really good songs

I never said that. If you knew me you would know that my taste in music is very eclectic-I can listen to Slayer then throw in Miles Davis for God's sake. I do like some straight-up rock, I just think that those albums are poor. No one has to agree with me. I think it's good for bands to experiment, but there's a difference between that and selling out. Radiohead, The Beatles, Wilco and many more bands have consistently evolved with each album for, but they never wrote material that sounded like everything that was popular at the time.

I never said that. If you knew me you would know that my taste in music is very eclectic-I can listen to Slayer then throw in Miles Davis for God's sake. I do like some straight-up rock, I just think that those albums are poor. No one has to agree with me. I think it's good for bands to experiment, but there's a difference between that and selling out. Radiohead, The Beatles, Wilco and many more bands have consistently evolved with each album for, but they never wrote material that sounded like everything that was popular at the time.

Ok.

Name ten albums that came out in `96 and sounded like "Load"?

Ok.

Name ten albums that came out in `96 and sounded like "Load"?

off the top of my head I can't name 10 albums released in 96, much less that I bought or even heard. That doesn't prove that Load is a good album. Likes and dislikes aren't objective things-they can't be debated like tax cuts or something. You like what you like, I like what I like. The only so-called experts on the subject-music critics-pretty much all hated the album though. I don't tend to agree that crititcs know any more than the average listener , so I won't hold that one over your head.

• 3 years later...