Film Thread

ssiscool

Angelica - You were the 2,500th post in this thread!

I believe that honor belongs to Lith. He should get a cookie. Or something.

I'm looking forward to Burn After Reading. The only reservation I have is the presence of Tilda Swinton who terrifies me (and not in a good way). I love The Hudsucker Proxy! Hardly anyone else does. Even among Coen aficianados, it's horribly underrated. :heart:

Edited by Angelica

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just borrowed a Coen-brothers box-set from one of my co-workers, so in the next few days I will watch Barton Fink, Hudsucker Proxy and Blood Simple. I've also bought No Country For Old Men, which I will watch after I've finished the book.

Can't wait till Burn After Reading comes out in Norway. Coen brothers working with Brad Pitt will most likely turn out amazing.

It's slow, but There Will Be Blood is an excellent drama. I love it.

You prefer Blood over No Country?

I watched them both on the same night, with high expectations for both.

I enjoyed No Country 1000 times more.

In fact, I stopped watching TWBB about halfway through it.

Lewis was AWESOME in it. Sometimes he just absolutely kills the role he's playing.

And I "get" why people loved this movie.

I guess when is son got hurt, that part just set me down the wrong path. I hate it when obvious things happen in movies, things you can predict early on. We all knew that his kid would be injured somehow by one of his oil wells - about 15 minutes into the movie.

I'm not going to rip the movie . . . . like I said, great acting performances and I "get" why people love the movie. I was just bored by it.

No Country, on the other hand, kept me entertained for the entire movie.

Did you like it?

I looked up to those fella's, I'm dissapointed in them. Maybe there's still hope for Avon though, two more seasons to go.

"I can't wait to go to jail"

"What the fuck did you say Bernard?"

Classic.

Edited by FunkyMonk

I was somewhat disappointed with Burn after Reading. The idea of the film was hilarious and the cast was awesome, Malkovich owned, but the film fell flat a lot of times. There were only 4 scenes that were very funny. It's not in the class of Fargo, Lewbowski, or O' Brother. I put it in the class of the likes of The Ladykillers and Intolerable Cruelty.

I looked up to those fella's, I'm dissapointed in them. Maybe there's still hope for Avon though, two more seasons to go.

"I can't wait to go to jail"

"What the fuck did you say Bernard?"

Classic.

I don't want to say too much cos I can't remember what happened when clearly. I might give stuff away. Suffice to say 4 & 5 are as good as 1-3.

3rd season of The Wire was heartbreaking. All the betrayls in the Barksdale clan had me pissed off, they're supposed to be brothers! Goddammit.

Damn right. I just finished it, and I don't think it was as good as the first two seasons, but still great.

I was real surprised that Stringer Bell got killed off. I was sure he would get away from Omar and Mouzone somehow.

Watched "Tropic Thunder" yesterday and it certainly had awesome moments, I wasn't laughing all the way through but it kicked ass from time to time. Robert Downey Jr. was the absolute highlight of the movie and I liked Tom Cruise in his first good role ever.

That's a bit of an outlandish statement.

In the last 10 years, maybe.