Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Okay.

I'll try them both though. I quiet liked the first.

I've just seen Cut Throat Island. I've always loved pirates. ^_^ Are there any other great piratemovies?

• 2 weeks later...
Watched "Tropic Thunder" yesterday and it certainly had awesome moments, I wasn't laughing all the way through but it kicked ass from time to time. Robert Downey Jr. was the absolute highlight of the movie and I liked Tom Cruise in his first good role ever.

That's a bit of an outlandish statement.

In the last 10 years, maybe.

He was ok in that movie with Jamie Fox, Collateral I think it was called, if I'm not confusing it with another one.

Watched "Tropic Thunder" yesterday and it certainly had awesome moments, I wasn't laughing all the way through but it kicked ass from time to time. Robert Downey Jr. was the absolute highlight of the movie and I liked Tom Cruise in his first good role ever.

He was ok in that movie with Jamie Fox, Collateral I think it was called, if I'm not confusing it with another one.

Collateral was a good movie because of Jammie Foxx and a really cool atmosphere all around, but Tom Cruise annoyed the hell out of me as he was trying to be the tough guy.

Gotta admit that Tom Cruise is pretty great in most things actually. I mean apart from his staples like Mission Impossible and shit I reckon he's a top actor.

Gotta admit that Tom Cruise is pretty great in most things actually. I mean apart from his staples like Mission Impossible and shit I reckon he's a top actor.

I didn't think War of the Worlds was all that bad.

I didn't think War of the Worlds was all that bad.

I never saw War of the Worlds actually, I've always meant to, I love the book. Tom Cruise is great though, I quite like him, on and off screen. He's phenomenal in Magnolia.

I liked him in his Top Gun/Rain Man/ Interview With A Vampire (that was near the end of the peak for me) career. Most of his stuff after is him portraying someone he can't fulfill the role of. Although I did enjoy Collateral. War Of The Worlds he was basically playing the Ben Affleck of Armageddon.

Disaster movie.

Possibly the worst 2 hours of my life.

Even overcoming the newcastle game last night.

Was it worse than Meet The Spartans? 'Cos I heard that one was pretty shitty.

And I actually enjoyed Superhero Movie, but none of them are as good as the Scary Movies.

Trust me, its the worst film ive ever seen.

Worse then 'the break up' eurgh

The rocker is a bit shite too.

Freaks and Geeks is a truly awesome TV show, I'm really enjoying it. It's just one of those shows that you can really get absorbed in you know? Real escapism. I hate shows where I want to live in their world though, it's always so depressing :(.