Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna watch "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" tonight. Should be good, right? :)

You have no idea!!

Words, at least from my vocabulary, can't describe that movie. Absolute favorite.

Watching Children of Men. One of my favorite sci-fi movies from the last ten years. The scene with Michael Caine and Ruby Tuesday :cry:

You have no idea!!

Words, at least from my vocabulary, can't describe that movie. Absolute favorite.

ah! my favorite. i want to know what he thought of it - Spoon!

If you like TGTBATU Check out Django if you already haven't seen it.

You have no idea!!

ah! my favorite. i want to know what he thought of it - Spoon!

It was tremendous! I'm with AbominableHoman on that one, everything about it was just great, I really can't the fitting words. I was stunned.

10/10

Regarding Machete... Well, I expected more. More action, more style, less talking, as dumb as that may sound. It was still pretty good, but it felt overhyped. It was sort of a let-down.

Machete ruled in the same way the Dusk til' Dawn ruled. Or Desperado. Completely unrealistic but awesome. It's Rodriguez, man...you gotta know what's coming.

Regarding Machete... Well, I expected more. More action, more style, less talking, as dumb as that may sound. It was still pretty good, but it felt overhyped. It was sort of a let-down.

Machete ruled in the same way the Dusk til' Dawn ruled. Or Desperado. Completely unrealistic but awesome. It's Rodriguez, man...you gotta know what's coming.

I thought I knew what's coming, as I both love From Dusk til Dawn, and Desperado even more. Machete isn't on par with those two, imo. I'm not saying that it's a bad movie, but I didn't blow me away like Desperado did.

Is Cop Out out yet? or did it go straight to DVD? Kevin Smith and Bruce Willis seem like a good match up for a buddy cop movie.

Its out on DVD now.. I would recommend renting it because its not a really good movie..The only thing that made me laugh in it was Seann William Scott.

Is Cop Out out yet? or did it go straight to DVD? Kevin Smith and Bruce Willis seem like a good match up for a buddy cop movie.

Its out on DVD now.. I would recommend renting it because its not a really good movie..The only thing that made me laugh in it was Seann William Scott.

Pretty much. The ending was great though. Knock Knock! :lol:

watched idiocracy today, friggin loved it. mike judge you did it again.

The thing is that as funny as it is it's actually happening. With the amount of mouth breathers on welfare knocking out five or six kids a piece compared to professionals waiting till later in life to have one or two I think it's a genuine danger.

You sound as paranoid as the guy in the TSA thread. How about a little optimism for a change. How about we stop blaming everything on the poor and people using welfare; cause truth be told, that isn't the reason the economy is in the shitter.

i do agree with you, but i also agree with DC/the movie, stupid people do reproduce faster. the first time i heard this idea was grade 11, from a physics teacher, a very smart man, i respected him a lot..but everyones reaction was youre an asshole.

i think that reaction was legitimate, but the more i thought about it, the more i realized, asshole or not, he is 100% right.

the movie illustrates this perfectly.

is it big enough of an issue to be legitimately concerned about, or is that paranoia, as you suggested.

im not entirely sure. i think you both have a point.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Cop out is meant to be bad, that's why I have to see it. I read the dialogue sucks.

i actually liked cop out (again, sorry angelica).

"you messed with the wrong motherfucker, motherfucker!". tracey morgan / jordan (is there a difference?): saving movies since little man.

i also like the original title, a couple of dicks (they made kevin smith change it :( )

Edited by Jackie Moon

Cop out is meant to be bad, that's why I have to see it. I read the dialogue sucks.

i actually liked cop out (again, sorry angelica).

"you messed with the wrong motherfucker, motherfucker!". tracey morgan / jordan (is there a difference?): saving movies since little man.

i also like the original title, a couple of dicks (they made kevin smith change it :( )

i was looking at rotten tomatoes and it gets a low score. but then 50% of people liked it. i think ill like it, but know deep down that it's terrible. but it's a buddy cop movie it's not high art, it's deep kitsch. so im going to buy it on dvd. now waiting for jay and silent bob strike back 2.

If you like thrillers and don't mind reading subtitles I'd highly recommend the South Korean film I Saw The Devil, holy shit, best movie I've seen in a long time!!

Thanks for the recommendation. I really dig South Korean cinema, and I've never seen that one.

2001: A Space Odyssey and Stranger than Fiction.

The first and last time I saw 2001 I was high out of my mind, saw it again and actually digested it. :shocked: Amazing movie. I love the visuals, the special effects and especially the themes. That has shot up to a top 5 favorite movie of all time.

Stranger than Fiction is a great and underrated film.

The first and last time I saw 2001 I was high out of my mind, saw it again and actually digested it. :shocked: Amazing movie. I love the visuals, the special effects and especially the themes. That has shot up to a top 5 favorite movie of all time.

Strongly, strongly recommend the novel.

Strongly, strongly recommend the novel.

Movie and novel are really up high on my "to watch" and "to read" list. :)