Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently watched/rewatched:

Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps

Was it just me or at certain point's did it feel like it was trying to be a horror movie?

There was that one weird cut-away scene and there was one moment where this creepy scores comes up for no reason at all.

Recently watched/rewatched:

Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps

Was it just me or at certain point's did it feel like it was trying to be a horror movie?

There was that one weird cut-away scene and there was one moment where this creepy scores comes up for no reason at all.

Just you! :P

Just watched Easy A. Pretty fun! Emma Stone is a cutie! ^_^

Edited by -Laura-

Just rented the first season of Mad Men, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, and The Deer Hunter.

Sam: [coughs] Get outta here, Dewey!

Dewey Cox: What are y'all doin' in here?

Sam: We're smoking reefer and you don't want no part of this shit.

Dewey Cox: You're smoking *reefers*?

Sam: Yeah, 'course we are; can't you smell it?

Dewey Cox: No, Sam. I can't.

Reefer Girl: Come on, Dewey! Join the party!

[takes a hit off a joint]

Sam: No, Dewey, you don't want this. Get outta here!

Dewey Cox: You know what, I don't want no hangover. I can't get no hangover.

Sam: It doesn't give you a hangover!

Dewey Cox: Wha-I get addicted to it or something?

Sam: It's not habit-forming!

Dewey Cox: Oh, okay... well, I don't know... I don't want to overdose on it.

Sam: You can't OD on it!

Dewey Cox: It's not gonna make me wanna have sex, is it?

Sam: It makes sex even better!

Dewey Cox: Sounds kind of expensive.

Sam: It's the cheapest drug there is.

Dewey Cox: [at a loss and out of excuses] Hmm.

Sam: You don't want it!

Dewey Cox: I think I kinda want it.

Sam: Okay, but just this once. Come on in.

So question! I have heard about this movie some time ago.. 2 complete strangers meet in a bar and they decide each of them will kill the other one's person of interest. This way they will be not linked to the murder. Does anyone know which movie was that? :unsure:

So question! I have heard about this movie some time ago.. 2 complete strangers meet in a bar and they decide each of them will kill the other one's person of interest. This way they will be not linked to the murder. Does anyone know which movie was that? :unsure:

Well it was Hitchcock's Stragers On A Train. Great film. But they don't meet in a bar, they meet on a train. Might be a remake?

Well it was Hitchcock's Stragers On A Train. Great film. But they don't meet in a bar, they meet on a train. Might be a remake?

:D

I think that's it. I heard about it a while ago and I didn't remember much stuff besides the plot. Thanks a lot! :heart:

Late to the game but I just saw The Hurt Locker for the first time. Holy shit. So intense. Crazy action sequences, tight direction. Im not sure why people said it was overrated or didnt deserve the Oscar. Big ups to Kathryn Bigelow

It had a thin plot and no character depth. I think it deserved the Oscar, far more than Avatar.

Speaking of Avatar, has anyone seen it since theatres? I don't think I ever will.

Avatar sucked but it should have beat out Hurt Locker on the strength of its 3D effects.

It had a thin plot and no character depth. I think it deserved the Oscar, far more than Avatar.

Speaking of Avatar, has anyone seen it since theatres? I don't think I ever will.

Avatar sucked but it should have beat out Hurt Locker on the strength of its 3D effects.

Nah, there is a category for special effects.

Hurt Locker was so mediocre though. It only won because the Academy wanted to stick it to Cameron. The Messenger was better than both the Hurt Locker and Avatar and it didn't win shit. Makes no sense to me.

Edited by ITW 2012

Hurt Locker was so mediocre though. It only won because the Academy wanted to stick it to Cameron. The Messenger was better than both the Hurt Locker and Avatar and it didn't win shit. Makes no sense to me.

Why would they wanna stick it to Cameron?