Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you joking? You've never seen that movie before? Snatch is amazing!

I'd like to add another entry to my list of movies with perfect dialogue: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0208092/quotes

I hadn't seen it before, no. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it, but maybe people overhyped it before I saw it... Maybe I should see it a second time to really appreciate it? :D

We had to chose between Gran Torino and Snatch last night, I was in favour for Gran Torino, so maybe that had something to do with my opinion on Snatch, too. ;)

watch grindhouse(the double feature of planet terror and death proof) yesterday

i really enjoyed death proof, tarantino has a nack for excellent dialogue. planet terror was weird. i knew most of the stuff was "tongue in cheek" so i wasn't cringing all the way through. however i just think it wasn't great. i don't really know how to describe it really

watch grindhouse(the double feature of planet terror and death proof) yesterday

i really enjoyed death proof, tarantino has a nack for excellent dialogue. planet terror was weird. i knew most of the stuff was "tongue in cheek" so i wasn't cringing all the way through. however i just think it wasn't great. i don't really know how to describe it really

I felt the opposite way about the two, felt that Death Proof took the dialogue too far and felt generally bored by it. Where as with Planet Terror I knew it was going to be brilliantly tongue in cheek and thought it was a brilliant comedy zombie film.

Is the film Leon any good?

My fiance bought it for me weeks ago and I never watched it...

Thinking of watching it tonight but it doesn't really look all that good

I thought it was very very good! You should watch it, especially when you ain't got anything better to do tonight. Can't go wrong then.

Watched the bootleg trailer for The Tree of Life. Waited for this film for 4 years. So. Fucking. Hyped.

Shame I'm not in the States, 'cause then I could have seen it properly, and before Black Swan too, which is the only other film I'm really looking forward to (apart from maybe Tron, but that's more because of the soundtrack).

Watching Contact for the first time after reading the book. Now I get it.

I remember thinking about this film a few months ago. It's one of those films I remember seeing in the cinema as a kid (I would have been 9 when it came out). Especially that bit on the beach with her "dad" and the hours of static at the end and the judge being in disbelief that she could be an atheist. What's the book like?

Watching Contact for the first time after reading the book. Now I get it.

I remember thinking about this film a few months ago. It's one of those films I remember seeing in the cinema as a kid (I would have been 9 when it came out). Especially that bit on the beach with her "dad" and the hours of static at the end and the judge being in disbelief that she could be an atheist. What's the book like?

The movie is quite different than the book because it's basically focused on the religion vs science issue, represented by the two main characters Ellie and the priest. In the book the priest barely appears and, although the religion vs science debate is clearly explained, it makes you question what would happen in case an extraterrestrial took place in a more global level (including politics, religion, science or sociology among many others).

And in the book, the last scene in the beach that you mention makes more sense than in the movie. That's why I said "now I get it", because when I watched the movie I didn't really understand it. Obviously, I'm not going to explain what the book says, but I recommend everyone who wants to understand that scene (why a beach? why her father?, etc.) to read the book.

Watched Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. I hate animated movies but my friend loves them so I gave in. Borrring. I feel asleep in the middle. :sleeper: It wasn't even that colorful and cute type of animation like Finding Nemo or Monsters Inc.