Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tilda Swinton. I would!

How can you say that when Natalie Portman is RIGHT THERE?

Because she's fucking mint quite frankly! Maybe I'm just a frustrated aristocrat at heart but there's something about her that makes my balls swell!

Haha, a guy who used to be in one of my uni classes knows her... he didn't like her very much. :unsure:

WOW THE FILM LEON IS VERY FDIFFERENT IN THE FULL TOTALLY UNCUT VERSION

TOTALLY DIFFERENT VIEW ON THE MOVIE NOW

STILL ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITES NO DOUBT AT ALL, JST THE STORY MAKES MORE SENSE AND IUS A LOT MORE CHALENGING THIS TIME AROUND,,,,ITS REALLY A LOVE STORY AND DESPITE THE SUBJECT MATTER A TOUCHING LOVE STORY REALLY

Just watched Seven. So many people say it's amazing, I don't think so :shrugs: I love serial killer movies though, like Silence of the lambs, Copycat and Monster. I'm sure there's plenty good ones out there. Can anyone suggest me any?

Zodiac. A bit of a drag at times, but I still found it pretty good. Can't go wrong with Robert Downey Jr and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Just watched Seven. So many people say it's amazing, I don't think so :shrugs: I love serial killer movies though, like Silence of the lambs, Copycat and Monster. I'm sure there's plenty good ones out there. Can anyone suggest me any?

Zodiac. A bit of a drag at times, but I still found it pretty good. Can't go wrong with Robert Downey Jr and Jake Gyllenhaal.

I saw it like a week ago, wasn't too impressed with that either :shrugs:

I saw it like a week ago, wasn't too impressed with that either :shrugs:

Ah, ok... Nevermind then. :)

Btw, watched "Salt" last night... Started out ok, but then it was just the same ol' same, predictable Hollywood popcorn flick. I wasn't expecting anything else, though.

So what do I watch now, Last Action Hero, Kindergarten Cop or Jingle All The Way?

All three at the same time of course

Sounds like a plan. In off top news, I will do my best to avoid your posts for the next week as Chelsea are due another inept display tomorrow

'The Killer Inside Me', 'Peeping Tom' (Old, but a real classic IMO), 'Frailty', 'Citizen X', 'Mr. Brooks' and 'Suspect Zero'.

There you go.

High Crimes- I enjoyed it a lot. Morgan Freeman plays a great role in this, it's the kind of part he plays really well and really naturally. Very good legal drama.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show- I'm not usually a fan of musicals, but I thought this was great. I didn't know what to expect because of all the hype around it, but it definitely lives up to it. I would love to see a stage performance of this.

I recently found out that two of my favorite movies, 12 Angry Men and Network were directed by the same guy, Sidney Lumet, so I naturally wanted to check out more of his work. Read through his IMDB page and went with the natural choice: Dog Day Afternoon. Brilliant movie! Loved the hell out of it. I think it's actually my favorite Pacino performance, well either this or Godfather (part 1).

Also: High Fidelity: best musician cameo? (Bruce Springsteen)

Just watched "A Serious Man" by the Coen Brothers. Holy shit was that a mindfuck. I'm still reeling and trying to make sense of it. It needs to be watched again. Anyone else seen it? Easily one of the more intriguing Coen brothers films, and thats saying something.