Film Thread

ssiscool

took the family to see Tron last night. (aside.....$53 for four of us to get in....insane....that is why we see about 2 movies a year)

Liked the movie alot.

I only wish that I had paid more attention to the character's names as they were introduced in the beginning of the movie...but it all came together.

not visually stunning like Avatar...but great effects....$200 million worth of effects.....that is where my $53 went.

sucked when the top popped off my $7 rootbeer and went all over me and the floor. stickier floors than in an adult movie theatre (ewwwww).

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally watched Get Him To The Greek last night. I enjoyed it, and I'm not a big Russel Brand or Jonah Hill fan. I don't dislike them, but I don't think their that great. Regardless, the movie was good.

Also watch What's Eating Gilbert Grape for the first time the other day and loved it.

Downloading a whole bunch more to check out here soon, too:

12 Monkeys (My Psych teacher recommended it)

I'm Still Here

Apocalypto

Black Swan (Anyone have opinions on this? Getting good ratings on RT)

Skyline

12 Monkeys (My Psych teacher recommended it)

I'm Still Here

Apocalypto

Black Swan (Anyone have opinions on this? Getting good ratings on RT)

Skyline

12 Monkeys is easily one of the best timetravel-films ever. And its by Terry Gilliam. I like everything he makes.

13 is a decent remake from a great french film. I like it.

Apocalypto is great.

Skyline is one of the worst films I saw this year with the dumbest ending ever.

Why is it I just found out about Batman: Under the Red Hood? Why didn't anyone tell me!? (Looking at you, TH)

Gonna torrent this shit asap

Why, yes. Yes I am a comic book geek. :book:

My bad Jack, my bad. Infact I didn't know about it either and likewise will torrent that shit up!

Just got back from seeing Tron, really enjoyed it. I've been listening to the soundtrack for the last week or so and now that I have finally gotten around to seeing it, I thought it was great.

Special effects were great (Dodgy Jeff aside) and the 3D was very well utilized in my opinion. Honestly it is a bit light story and dialogue-wise, but very enjoyable.

Black Swan = best film of 2010. Haven't been quite this giddy over anything since There Will Be Blood.

I thought There Will Be Blood was just Daniel Day-Lewis doing a reprisal of his Butcher Bill character from Gangs of New York. Before The Devil Knows You're Dead was probably the best film of that year but it didn't even get a nomination for Best Picture.

Edited by ITW 2012

Black Swan = best film of 2010. Haven't been quite this giddy over anything since There Will Be Blood.

I thought There Will Be Blood was just Daniel Day-Lewis doing a reprisal of his Butcher Bill character from Gangs of New York. Before The Devil Knows You're Dead was probably the best film of that year but it didn't even get a nomination for Best Picture.

Oh, lord! Don't compare any aspect of Gangs with TWBB, it's sacrilege! I loved Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, but 2007 was an amazing year for film, easily the best of the decade. Lots of stuff, The Assassination of Jesse James..., Zodiac, Into the Wild, etc didn't get their dues.

3/4 of Into the Wild was brilliant, the other 1/4 sucked.

Just watched The Client. Decent 90's suspense. Some plot holes, and Brad Renfro's shenanigans were straight up unbelievable. Just because you're a cunning, street smart, hillbilly doesn't mean you're going to evade and outsmart Lawyers, Police, Mobsters, and the damn FBI.

Excited to see True Grit tonight. I've never seen the original because I do not find anything captivating or interesting about John Wayne that Clint Eastwood didn't completely rule or surpass.

I saw your list of Top 10 movies of 2010, and saw that you had Monsters on there. I watched that last night and I'll consider it one of the biggest wastes of my time since I saw New Moon.

I understand the whole point behind the movie (or do I?), but it was just downright bland and boring. I don't even want to talk about it.