Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Grit was good but I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed. The ending feels a little underwhelming and I didn't like the

epilogue. I preferred knowing Mattie as a charming intelligent 14 year old but in the epilogue she is a dreary dull spinster. It didn't feel like the same character. I realise they weren't going to change from the original, and I certainly wasn't expecting a conventional ending from the Coen's, but the epilogue offered no emotional pay off. It was lifeless.

Just saw I'm Still Here, the fake Joaquin Phoenix documentary. Wow. I've never seen anything quite like this. Essentially everything Joaquin Phoenix did for the past 2-3 years was one long performance piece. I give him credit for staying committed to it. It was quite a jab at the media and celebrity culture in America.

Just saw I'm Still Here, the fake Joaquin Phoenix documentary. Wow. I've never seen anything quite like this. Essentially everything Joaquin Phoenix did for the past 2-3 years was one long performance piece. I give him credit for staying committed to it. It was quite a jab at the media and celebrity culture in America.

I respect that he stayed in character to order those hookers.

True Grit was good but has a so what quality.

This has to be one of the craziest/funniest/disturbing splice ups of films I've ever seen....Nicolas Cage is fucking crazy,haha.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xP1-oquwoL8

:rofl-lol:

I can't tell if he's the greatest or worst actor in the world, one of the two, there's no in-between

It's gotta be worst, surely.

Absolutely not.

That belongs to Keanu.

Watched 127 Hours. The story is amazing but the movie not so much. It got great reviews but I found it pretty boring. I don't see how out of this story could anyone do an entertaining movie. One man, one location and very few lines. James Franco's work was pretty tough.

Edited by -Laura-

Watched 127 Hours. The story is amazing but the movie not so much. It got great reviews but I found it pretty boring. I don't see how out of this story could anyone do an entertaining movie. One man, one location and very few lines. James Franco's work was pretty tough.

Just got back from seeing it and feel exactly the same about it.

So I was forced to sit through Black Swan by a friend of mine. Jesus fucking christ, what a terribly boring movie. I swear my eyes were tearing up with boredom throughout that goddamn flick. I don't understand the hype behind it.

Angelica will kill you.

So I was forced to sit through Black Swan by a friend of mine. Jesus fucking christ, what a terribly boring movie. I swear my eyes were tearing up with boredom throughout that goddamn flick. I don't understand the hype behind it.

You're dumb and your opinion doesn't matter.

:thumbsup:

(Just kidding, JJF...mostly)

jaw-drop.jpg