Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there was that.

But actually I thought it was a more believable portrayal of the upper classes as bitter vindictive alcoholics living in a big house together. Less pomp and circumstance more focusing on the pettiness of class.

Only thing I thought about Bielefeld is that her lips looked unreal. But I might need to rematch for the satin.

just watched dinner for schmucks...not bad, but not great. The on screen chemistry between paul rudd and steve carrell is worth the watch though. Also, i must have watched man on wire about 5 times the past few weeks, what an amazing film/documentary, anyone else seen this?

Has anyone seen the new wall street, if so any good?

Man on a Wire was excellent.

Don't burn three dollars to rent Buried. Ryan Reynolds is a terrible actor in general. But watching him - and only him - for 90 minutes is painful. He was a bit funny in Waiting. But other than that, I don't know he gets acting jobs.

Not that he was ever in the "greatest actors of our generation" conversation, but Val Kilmer has done some pretty good movies. What the heck happened to his career? I just watched him in a C-movie. Not even a B movie. But a straight-to-cable type movie.

Man on a Wire was excellent.

Don't burn three dollars to rent Buried. Ryan Reynolds is a terrible actor in general. But watching him - and only him - for 90 minutes is painful. He was a bit funny in Waiting. But other than that, I don't know he gets acting jobs.

Not that he was ever in the "greatest actors of our generation" conversation, but Val Kilmer has done some pretty good movies. What the heck happened to his career? I just watched him in a C-movie. Not even a B movie. But a straight-to-cable type movie.

Kilmer is a god

Might watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang later.

Good taste. Kilmer is in quite a bit of straight to DVD fare it seems. He needs to lose weight if he wants to get back to the big time.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang should be so much bigger than it is though....him, Downey Jr. and the movie are great!

Val Kilmer was legitimately amazing once. The Doors, Heat, Top Secret, The Salton Sea, Wonderland, KKBB. He's just been doing the worst stuff over the last 5 years, and in utterly staggering quantity. The last good thing he was a part of was Bad Lieutenant: What Are These Iguanas Doing on My Coffee Table?, but he was sadly underused in that. I'm guessing he owes serious money, even if he can't get roles in non-shlock, there's no other excuse for turning out six to eight of those things a year (no kidding, look it up).

Val Kilmer was legitimately amazing once. The Doors, Heat, Top Secret, The Salton Sea, Wonderland, KKBB. He's just been doing the worst stuff over the last 5 years, and in utterly staggering quantity. The last good thing he was a part of was Bad Lieutenant: What Are These Iguanas Doing on My Coffee Table?, but he was sadly underused in that. I'm guessing he owes serious money, even if he can't get roles in non-shlock, there's no other excuse for turning out six to eight of those things a year (no kidding, look it up).

I loved Val in Tombstone. He's one of the best actors in the world. Unfortunately he seems to just be doing it for easy bank at this point. I wish he'd team up with Robert Downey Jr again. Those two have an amazing on screen chemistry.

Edited by ITW 2012

Did anyone else see Greenberg, the Noah Baumbach film starring Ben Stiller? Stiller was awesome and I usually dont like him, this was well out of his usual range seen in other movies. He plays an ex musician fresh out of a mental health care facility and he goes to LA to visit his brother and falls for his assistant. Definitely recommend.

Did anyone else see Greenberg, the Noah Baumbach film starring Ben Stiller? Stiller was awesome and I usually dont like him, this was well out of his usual range seen in other movies. He plays an ex musician fresh out of a mental health care facility and he goes to LA to visit his brother and falls for his assistant. Definitely recommend.

I watched 10 minutes of that, but decided it was too depressive.

Fantastic film.

Yeah, I adored it, one of my favorites of the year. It's the first Baumbach film I've been able to embrace fully, rather than respect at a safe distance. Greta Gerwig failing to land a single major supporting actress nomination just goes to show what bullshit awrds season is. <_<

Edited by Angelica