Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best films are not necessarily the ones with the best script, acting or directing though.

Absolutely! This is why Commando is the greatest film in the history of cinema.

Have you seen American Ninja 1-4. Don't speak too soon if you haven't.

I'm 31 years old and male what do you think? That shit was all I watched as a kid, Commando's still the daddy though I'm afraid.

Here's a few more to take into account too. UC check some of these out they're sure to put a smile on your face! :thumbsup:

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/3759/the-ruthless-guide-to-80s-action/

As a kid Van Damme and Kickboxer specifically was EPIC!

Oh and The Last Boy Scout is fucking great. Can't believe it didn't become bigger than it did. I've seen it countless times and anytime I end up showing it to friends they end up loving it as well.

Edited by Martin Riggs

What are some good recent comedies or some new action movies? I'm normally in my dorm room for six or more hours a day and I need a movie or ten to pass the time.

Recent comedy? Get Him To The Greek was actually pretty funny. I think Russell Brand is a funny guy.

As for new action movies, The Expendables, no doubt. I love anything with Sly in it. He knows how to make a great action movie.

I just saw Pulp Fiction. Wow what a great movie! I'm a little late to the party, but the movie was fantastic

have you seen QT's other films? They are all pretty spectacular. Basterds, Pulp and Kill Bill Vol. II are my favorites.

Yeah I saw Basterds when it came out in theaters, it was great!

Next on my Netflix are the Kill Bill Movies and Reservoir Dogs

Did anyone else see Greenberg, the Noah Baumbach film starring Ben Stiller? Stiller was awesome and I usually dont like him, this was well out of his usual range seen in other movies. He plays an ex musician fresh out of a mental health care facility and he goes to LA to visit his brother and falls for his assistant. Definitely recommend.

Yeah, I adored it, one of my favorites of the year. It's the first Baumbach film I've been able to embrace fully, rather than respect at a safe distance. Greta Gerwig failing to land a single major supporting actress nomination just goes to show what bullshit awrds season is. <_<

Is there any movie you haven't seen? :lol: I'm always fascinated by your movie knowledge. When do you have the time? Do you work in a cinema or smth? :lol:

Edited by -Laura-

Did anyone else see Greenberg, the Noah Baumbach film starring Ben Stiller? Stiller was awesome and I usually dont like him, this was well out of his usual range seen in other movies. He plays an ex musician fresh out of a mental health care facility and he goes to LA to visit his brother and falls for his assistant. Definitely recommend.

Yeah, I adored it, one of my favorites of the year. It's the first Baumbach film I've been able to embrace fully, rather than respect at a safe distance. Greta Gerwig failing to land a single major supporting actress nomination just goes to show what bullshit awrds season is. <_<

Is there any movie you haven't seen? :lol: I'm always fascinated by your movie knowledge. When do you have the time? Do you work in a cinema or smth? :lol:

I do work in video shops (yes, they still exist, here and there...for now) occaisonally, but I'm mostly just a geek. :lol:

I just saw Pulp Fiction. Wow what a great movie! I'm a little late to the party, but the movie was fantastic

have you seen QT's other films? They are all pretty spectacular. Basterds, Pulp and Kill Bill Vol. II are my favorites.

IB and Jackie Brown is his best work.

See I loved Squid and The Whale as much as this, just in a different way. What made you stay back from that one?

Shifting directors but did you see Enter The Void by Gaspar Noe? been dying to check it out, preview looks insane. His last movie Irreversible was one of the most jarring, disturbing things ive ever seen

IB and Jackie Brown is his best work.

Jackie Brown is great. For some reason, it gets thrown under the bus and is not as highly regarded as his other films though. I think it is right up there with his best, also.

Shifting directors but did you see Enter The Void by Gaspar Noe? been dying to check it out, preview looks insane. His last movie Irreversible was one of the most jarring, disturbing things ive ever seen

Enter The Void is quite an experience. I recommend it.

Excellent. Ive heard of people so uncomfortable theyve left screenings. Is it that intense?

Enter The Void is quite an experience. I recommend it.

Excellent. Ive heard of people so uncomfortable theyve left screenings. Is it that intense?

I can see why people would walk out if you went in not knowing what to expect. There's explicit sex and one scene in particular involves some very experimental camera work. :lol: At 2 and a half hours long it's probably not for everyone.

The plot itself isn't that enthralling but it's worth watching for the visuals alone.

anyone catch boardwalk empire? i gather its been around for a while elsewhere but te show started tonight in the uk, seems good so far.

I watched the first two episodes and was bored out of my mind, was thinking about giving it another shot though, I hear good things