Film Thread

ssiscool

Yep, my first time watching all of them. :)

Really not much of a film buff at all, as you can probably tell from that. :lol:

That's actually kinda awesome! That means you have ton of movies you can look forward yo watching. If you're into the mafia genre, i'd also strongly recommend Donnie Brasco.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Romance is the most awesome movie ever.

Alabama, Where's my fucking coke and where's Clarence?

Bad Leutenent and Dangerous Game. The Funeral and Blackout. Those Abel Ferrara movies. but King of New York prob his best.

I liked Gangs of New York. I don't like gangster movies though, I enjoyed it as a period piece. It's made good by Daniel Day Lewis, it's one of those films where you watch it just for that one character/acting performance (like The Dark Knight after the first viewing or Inglorious Basterds). There's also a really good fight scene right at the start and the sets look amazing. DiCaprio looks very uncomfortable in it though, and Diaz is annoying as always.

Yep, my first time watching all of them. :)

Really not much of a film buff at all, as you can probably tell from that. :lol:

That's actually kinda awesome! That means you have ton of movies you can look forward yo watching. If you're into the mafia genre, i'd also strongly recommend Donnie Brasco.

Agree with you on Goodfellas but disagree on Donnie Brasco. Not a fan of that one. I'd replace that choice with Mean Streets or Once Upon a Time in America.

I liked Gangs of New York. I don't like gangster movies though, I enjoyed it as a period piece. It's made good by Daniel Day Lewis, it's one of those films where you watch it just for that one character/acting performance (like The Dark Knight after the first viewing or Inglorious Basterds). There's also a really good fight scene right at the start and the sets look amazing. DiCaprio looks very uncomfortable in it though, and Diaz is annoying as always.

true acting, chraracters, especially sets are awesome. it just felt really staged, was it adpatation of stage play? lack of story, a bit like The Departed really. I just couldn't watch Gangs again. I think it's just the humor in Departed that brings me back, it's like Goodfellas 2.

I'd replace Mean Streets with King of Comedy.

How did Ryan Reynolds become an A-list actor? He was semi funny in Waiting. But generally he is a terrible actor.

Watches Love and Other Drugs or something like that. Anne Hatheway and Jake Gylehan. It's like they tried to squeeze a couple different movies into one. Lots of sex .....Hatheway likes to show of breasts now. I wouldn't recommend this movie to anybody.

Saved the evening by watching Raising Arizona.

Watching B.K.O.(Bangkok knockout) . Can't wait for it to be released here in the states. Gonna pick it up Whoo I know what's actually being said, as I don't know Thai. Its a great action movie featuring the stunt men who worked on Ong-Bak and the protector with Tony jaa and directed by the same man who directed those 2. As is in most action movies, the actting is pretty poor, but the amount of damage done is breath taking. Great for anyone who loves martial arts action films

Grown Ups- Better than I expected, some funny moments. When the guy put the KFC bucket on his head I was expecting some sort of Buckethead reference, but sadly didn't happen.

Despicable Me- Cute story, not better than Toy Story though, as one of my friends suggested.

Source Code. i thought it was alright. it worked out well in the end. Limitless was also interesting. similar kinds of movies. then rewatched Hall Pass which was pretty funny. havent seen Zookeeper or Just Go With It yet.

Source Code. i thought it was alright. it worked out well in the end. Limitless was also interesting. similar kinds of movies. then rewatched Hall Pass which was pretty funny. havent seen Zookeeper or Just Go With It yet.

Hallpass was different then I expected, but it was still funny and good overall.

watched Deathly Hallows part 1 yesterday, not bad, all the characters you hate start dropping like flies...

The Runaways- Absolute piece of crap. Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning can not act to save themselves. I hope the actual story of the Runaways is more interesting than that.

Seen Hounddog. Have no doubt, Dakota's not bad at the acting thing.

Edited by moreblack