Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is fantastic. ^_^

Really? From the trailer it looked terrible.

Really. I loved the trailer, but based on it I was expecting a guilty pleasure, not one of the best summer blockbusters since Jurassic Park. It's been so well done. :thumbsup:

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is fantastic. ^_^

Really? From the trailer it looked terrible.

Really. I loved the trailer, but based on it I was expecting a guilty pleasure, not one of the best summer blockbusters since Jurassic Park. It's been so well done. :thumbsup:

I agree, it was fantastic. I was shocked with how good it was. The trailer makes it seem like an action film. Maybe 1/4 of it is what the trailer makes it seem like. It has a really good story and really good character development.

Guest Len B'stard

Couple friends of mine and myself watched August Underground Mordum..

I don't know why.

Speaking of fucked up movies, I believe the only one I've ever seen that is in comparison would be The Poughkeepsie Tapes.

Never again...

My friend downloaded it the other night and watched it by himself. Brave man..

It's more psychologically fucked than it is physically, but it's still fucked.

*makes note* August Underground Mordum, The Poughkeepsie Tapes...i've not heard of them, are they proper fucked up?!?!?! :D:D Like how fucked up? Saw fucked up, 120 Days of Sodom fucked up, Hostel fucked up? Straw Dogs fucked up? Explain the fucked uppedness, i don't wanna sit through 90 minutes of a RomCom waiting for someones bloody death :lol:

Got the complete Rocky collection (minus Rocky Balboa aka Rocky VI) for my birthday a while back ago. All of hem are good and I don't give a damn what the critics said about Rocky V. Stallone was great in those movies.

Hell yES!

I don't know why.

Speaking of fucked up movies, I believe the only one I've ever seen that is in comparison would be The Poughkeepsie Tapes.

Never again...

*makes note* August Underground Mordum, The Poughkeepsie Tapes...i've not heard of them, are they proper fucked up?!?!?! :D:D Like how fucked up? Saw fucked up, 120 Days of Sodom fucked up, Hostel fucked up? Straw Dogs fucked up? Explain the fucked uppedness, i don't wanna sit through 90 minutes of a RomCom waiting for someones bloody death :lol:

Mordum looks and play like a snuff film.

I don't know why.

Never again...

If you'r e into that stuff, I heard about a film called 'A Serbian Film' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273235/) . After I heard some stuff about it, I decided not to watch it, and I'm faaaaaaar from squeamish.

This is what I remember from reading and the whole film is supposed to be like that. I refuse to expose myself to this shit.

skullfucking someone to dead in an eyesocket or something, raping a newborn, etc.
Edited by st0n3r

I passed on Serbian film.

yeah, me too. When I heard 'most shocking film ever' etc., I was kinda curious and wanted to check it out. But then I read a little about it and decided that this goes way to far for me.

I passed on Serbian film.

yeah, me too. When I heard 'most shocking film ever' etc., I was kinda curious and wanted to check it out. But then I read a little about it and decided that this goes way to far for me.

Same. Should be right up your alley, Len.

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, i've got a Serbian Film, was reccomended to me by a Serbian, funnily enough, who actually took great exception to the title. Helluva thing to have your national identity tied to, eh? :lol: Haven't gotten around to watching it though because the guitar has effectively taken over my life. Skull-fucking and newborn rape huh? I shall have to have a peek :lol:

I'll have to have a peek at this Mordum flick though. There's something about when people say "fuck man, this films proper wrong, don't watch it, it's fucked up!" that shoots it to the top of my must watch list :lol:

I dunno why you lot are so bothered about it though, it's only a film after all, make believe, not real, acting.

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah, i've got a Serbian Film, was reccomended to me by a Serbian, funnily enough, who actually took great exception to the title. Helluva thing to have your national identity tied to, eh? :lol: Haven't gotten around to watching it though because the guitar has effectively taken over my life. Skull-fucking and newborn rape huh? I shall have to have a peek :lol:

I'll have to have a peek at this Mordum flick though. There's something about when people say "fuck man, this films proper wrong, don't watch it, it's fucked up!" that shoots it to the top of my must watch list :lol:

I dunno why you lot are so bothered about it though, it's only a film after all, make believe, not real, acting.

The fact that they're real people and the way it's shot. Like a grainy Blair Witch. It's not of those movie's that take's a risque subject matter and throws some well known Hollywood actor ala 8MM(which I like just for the record) they're unknown's people you either know or can relate too. I know it's only a movie. It's mostly the fact that anyone could do this which I think is part of the intrigue of a snuff film to some people.

The basic idea that the dude next door to you, could do it and the way it's shot personally just bothered me.

Guest Len B'stard

The fact that they're real people and the way it's shot. Like a grainy Blair Witch. It's not of those movie's that take's a risque subject matter and throws some well known Hollywood actor ala 8MM(which I like just for the record) they're unknown's people you either know or can relate too. I know it's only a movie. It's mostly the fact that anyone could do this which I think is part of the intrigue of a snuff film to some people.

The basic idea that the dude next door to you, could do it and the way it's shot personally just bothered me.

That to me is like cinema at it's best, when it effects people like that, disturbs them, shakes them up. To me thats basically what a film is designed to do, get SOME form of response from a person and the degrees of that response to me dictate how good a film is and this sounds like it like...hit home with you and you appear from this thread to be a fairly seasoned moviegoer so i imagine it's not every movie that...gets a rise out of you like that.