Film Thread

ssiscool

Match Point was extremely impressive. It did such a clever job of hinting at those predictable morality clichés, but then catching you off guard by going in the more unconventional direction. This is fantastic story-telling, right here. It unfolds in a way that you never would have guessed in the first half, dabbles with dark themes, and heads for the shadows.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match Point was extremely impressive. It did such a clever job of hinting at those predictable morality clichés, but then catching you off guard by going in the more unconventional direction. This is fantastic story-telling, right here. It unfolds in a way that you never would have guessed in the first half, dabbles with dark themes, and heads for the shadows.

On the one hand, I agree with what you're saying. I'd long since given up on him by the time it came out, so it was a wonderful shock. On the other hand, it's no Crimes and Misdemeanours. But in all fairness, what is?

i went to see mirrors. that keifer sutherland movie.

it was basically keifer being jack bauer. seriously. therell be moments where hell be getting really angry and hell raise his voice and shit. and his ex would go, you doing it again you fuckin schizo. normal one moment, crazy the next. :lol:

and the screams are so funny. theyll be 5 seconds too long so it comes off really really bad and obvious. like strangled chickens.

horror movies > comedies.

This week, I plan on watching.....

Crash

Fargo

Fight Club

and Traitor at the movie theater.

I also can't wait to see Burn after Reading, looks really good. If it is only half as good as The Big Lebowski, I'll be satisfied.

Here's the trailor

Crash

Fargo

Fight Club

The Cronenberg or the non-Cronenberg? Please say the Cronenberg.

A98, what was Ginger Snaps 2 like? I love the original but I've always assumed the sequel(s) sucked.

The 2nd's interesting it focuses more on Bridget. However,

Ginger is a ghost
It's not as good as the first but it's still a good movie.

Stay far away from Unleashed though. It's a sequel that's more like a prequel but a terrible mind fuck.

Just watched High Fidelity and 8MM.

Eh, High Fidelity was okay, I liked some of the dialogue but overall as a film it felt like it was missing something.

8MM blew my mind, damn Nicolas Cage was one fantastic actor back in the day, he needs to stop with the pussy Disney shit and go back to being a hard-ass ala Con Air and Face/Off - he's got a new movie out, Bangkok Dangerous or something, that looks really good!

Oh and I'm a big Dirty Harry fan but for some reason the first two just don't seem to click with me that well. (The second one is Magnum Force right?) I'll take Sudden Impact Enforcer and The Dead Pool over those two anyday.

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

Guest knerken
I also can't wait to see Burn after Reading, looks really good. If it is only half as good as The Big Lebowski, I'll be satisfied.

Here's the trailor

Coen, Clooney and Pitt making a movie together. It can't go wrong!

Crash

Fargo

Fight Club

The Cronenberg or the non-Cronenberg? Please say the Cronenberg.

Nah! I just finished watching the 2004 Crash that won best picture. One of the main reason's why I got the movie in the first place was because of Don Cheadle. It wasn't the type of film that I was expecting but it was good, I didn't lose interest at anytime while watching it. It was well paced and the plot was very good. It had a great cast, though Ludacris could use a little bit more acting training. It's a little overrated by I give it an 8/10.

Edited by LAMER

Went to see tropic thunder yesterday by myself, there were only about 5 ppl in the cinema! maybe because it was 10am on a monday, anyway I think I would have enjoyed it more if I went with a group. Good movie though, I liked robert downy's character the most.

I've seen Stranger Than Fiction but might have to watch it again cos can't remember much about it. Will Ferrell in a serious role?

I got 5 seasons of The Wire. I've seen season 1 already so I'm half way through 2 and Ziggy just lost it and killed all the greek gangsters. Season 2 seems lighter than 1, McNulty is drinking way more, everyone is!

8MM blew my mind

Great movie. Very dark. Kinda awesome watching Cage get mindfucked as he immerses himself in snuff films and other assorted creepy shit.

I also enjoy it, which is more then I can say for the rest of Joel Schumacher's films.

It was orginally supposed to be even darker. Mark Walhberg was going to play Jouquin's role, but left because he said the script which was written by Seven's Andrew Kevin Walker was fucked with.

Edited by appetite4illusions