Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be watching the new Aronofsky film The Wrestler at the Toronto International Film Festival later tonight. It won the friggin' Golden Lion in Venice earlier today, which just blows my mind. On top of that, Mickey Rourke got a standing ovation and the Oscar buzz is already rolling in. Holy hell, am I excited! :xmasssanta:

Also looking forward to Slash's work with Clint Mansell on the score and the new acoustic Springsteen during the credits. rock1

I'll be watching the new Aronofsky film The Wrestler at the Toronto International Film Festival later tonight. It won the friggin' Golden Lion in Venice earlier today, which just blows my mind. On top of that, Mickey Rourke got a standing ovation and the Oscar buzz is already rolling in. Holy hell, am I excited! :xmasssanta:

Also looking forward to Slash's work with Clint Mansell on the score and the new acoustic Springsteen during the credits. rock1

:o Bastard! I'll expect a detailed report.

You lucky wanker.

Aronofsky is quickly becoming one of my favourite directors. The Fountain... :wub:

Ridin - how did you see 88 Minutes? I can't find it on UK DVD anywhere, and when I asked at the cinema if it was coming out soon, I got laughed at.

Just download it in a torrent. I think it's a great movie.

You're in a very small minority. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/88_minutes/

Righteous Kill is a movie I know is going to suck right off the bat. Was excited for it when it was first announced, but early reviews have produced nothing but lukewarm recption. Plus Jon Avnet directed 88 Minutes, Pacino's worst movie to date.

Besides, the traliers make it oh so obvious that De Niro is the killer.

You may count on it, madame. ;)

This week I've watched

GetShorty

BeCool

Swordfish

Snake Eyes

The Weather Man

Wasn't too fond of Swordfish, a bit OTT for me. The Weather Man I couldn't really get into at all, I LOVED Be Cool, actually found it better than GetShorty! The Rock really stole the show, and Snake Eyes was fantastic, more great work from Brian DePalma!

I'm three episodes into the second season of The Wire. Seems great, albeit not as good as the first season. But we'll see. :)

I just finshed 5 seasons of The Wire. I think overall the The Down on the Docks series turns out to be the best.

You may count on it, madame. ;)

Fucking aye! You better! I'm so excited hearing the reviews about The Wrestler.

Damn, I'm jealous :(

I rented There Will Be Blood over the weekend. Saw it at the cinema when it was first released, but really wanted to see it again.

I'm totally stealing some of Playview's insults.

Stop crying, you sniveling ass! Stop your nonsense. You're just the afterbirth. You slithered out of your mother's filth. They should have put you in a glass jar on a mantlepiece.

One night I'm gonna come to you, inside of your house, wherever you're sleeping, and I'm gonna cut your throat.

Don't be thick in front of me.

I am the Third Revelation! I am who the Lord has chosen!

Daniel Day-Lewis owns.

I rented There Will Be Blood over the weekend. Saw it at the cinema when it was first released, but really wanted to see it again.

Stop crying, you sniveling ass! Stop your nonsense. You're just the afterbirth. You slithered out of your mother's filth. They should have put you in a glass jar on a mantlepiece.

One night I'm gonna come to you, inside of your house, wherever you're sleeping, and I'm gonna cut your throat.

Daniel Day-Lewis owns.

Fuck yeah. Excellent movie.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Daniel Day-Lewis owns.

I fucking love his milkshake speech.

I need to watch TWBB again because it's so fantastic but it's one of those films that you need quite a big gap between each viewing I feel.

That said if I put it on I'm fairly sure I'll just get hooked within the first few minutes again and that will be that. Surely one of the most powerful openings to any film.

There Will Be Blood is a great film; it's the only film I've ever seen twice in cinemas. (Although, to be fair, the only reason I went to see it a second time is because a girl friend of mine -- friend, not girlfriend -- really wanted to see it and asked me to go. I was kind of reluctant but it drew me right in the second time and I liked it even more than the first time.)