Sebastian Bach last night

pain cake

Well me and Vogstar had a hot date last night, went and caught Bach at the arena and it must have been degrading for Bach, for someone who used to play stadiums and was playing some pissy venue that fit maybe 1500 people max and his dressing room door was just to the side of the stage. But it was a good show, I've never heard any Bach/Skid Row and it was a good concert, we got pretty close to the stage and the mosh was good (except for a few dicks)

For someone who's always bad-mouthed Bach i was fairly impressed, I went in expecting just mindless rock and roll, that's what I got and I had a good time. The new songs are pretty generic, but the older stuff sounded alright. I actually was really impressed with the opening band, some guys from Sydney; they played the same style but had some commercial appeal.

Bach played a little over an hour and did a good encore, he mentioned that Axl called him asking how the tour was going and he was like "Australia fucking rocks" :rofl-lol: But all in all was a good night, caught a drum stick

stick.jpg

And Vog got a pick (that hit my arm first and fell on the floor <_< )

But all in all a good gig :)

Had a friend walk out 2 songs into the Sydney show and said the venue was almost completely empty. If they drop ticket prices for Newcastle i'll probably go... it's only a short walk from my house.

I like Baz, for the most part. But he has to understand - there just isn't a market for him right now, or possibly ever again. He had his moment, and now it's time to move on.

The only way he can even play in front of a crowd anymore is opening for bands like Guns N' Roses.

God bless him... but it's over and has been since Subhuman Race was a flop with Skid Row.

Had a friend walk out 2 songs into the Sydney show and said the venue was almost completely empty. If they drop ticket prices for Newcastle i'll probably go... it's only a short walk from my house.

Hey, the less people at a Sebastian Bach concert when I'm in the crowd - the fuckin' better!

has to understand - there just isn't a market for him right now, or possibly ever again. He had his moment, and now it's time to move on.

I don't understand how you could think that. I disagree. There is, in fact, a market for him right now. He just needs to get his name out there more, among that market. 80's style rock has been back for some time now. All things retro have made a comeback and show themselves in an updated form. Baz's music and style are certainly updated to meet this standard while maintaining that "old" feel to validate his credibilty. Perhaps if he were part of a newly created band. I think people are naturally more interested in a "full band," rather than a solo name. When CD launches and with a full tour in support, maybe bringing Baz along once again will solidify his place of importance with the new generation of Guns fans (you see what I'm saying, right? The new gen Guns fans who go to the show would see Baz and be interested in him afterward). JMO...

has to understand - there just isn't a market for him right now, or possibly ever again. He had his moment, and now it's time to move on.

I don't understand how you could think that. I disagree. There is, in fact, a market for him right now. He just needs to get his name out there more, among that market. 80's style rock has been back for some time now. All things retro have made a comeback and show themselves in an updated form. Baz's music and style are certainly updated to meet this standard while maintaining that "old" feel to validate his credibilty. Perhaps if he were part of a newly created band. I think people are naturally more interested in a "full band," rather than a solo name. When CD launches and with a full tour in support, maybe bringing Baz along once again will solidify his place of importance with the new generation of Guns fans (you see what I'm saying, right? The new gen Guns fans who go to the show would see Baz and be interested in him afterward). JMO...

I think you'll find that the "older" sttyle rock making a resurgence is largely blues based and is derivative of the 70's. Baz's music runs a little too far to the extremes of being too heavy or being too cheesy. I don't know about America, but he'd definately struggle to find a wider audience here.

He should have toured with cheaper ticket prices here, IMO. He would have had much higher attendance figures and made more money if he'd done that. People like me who are teetering on the edge because his tix are expensive would have just gone without thinking about it too much.

I agree with HV, and understand what you're saying Mike.

Maybe it'd be beneficial to Baz, and his former band mates to have a full Skid Row reunion, and maybe double bill with another 80's act like Ratt or Poison. It could revive all of their careers, even for solo work.

Edited by Axlin08

Maybe it'd be beneficial to Baz, and his former band mates to have a full Skid Row reunion, and maybe double bill with another 80's act like Ratt or Poison. It could revive all of their careers, even for solo work.

You know... now that I think of it, yes, I do agree with you & HV. Great points. Lower ticket prices would probably have drawn a lot more heads. A full Skid Row reunion would also work, I think. If they were to reunite, I think they'd have the confidence of the suits that it would do well and thus the name would become popular again. Definetly lower ticket prices. Maybe people would be attracted to it because it'd be a cheap night of fun and "that 80s metal." The name which afforded the patron with a cheap, fun night would then stick. "Oh yeah, I saw that guy a few months back. He was pretty good live."- could translate into "Yeah, I'll pick up the new cd."

Which is bullshit. That's GN'R money.

Can anyone honestly say they'd pay the same money to see BAZ live that they would for Guns N' Roses?!?! :blink:

Well I guess some did, lol.

They, and many others, HAVE to come down off of those prices to survive. This generation just isn't digging it. Concerts are not what they used to be, and for smaller acts, they are going to have to come down off the prices to keep going.

I'm surprised he's playing 1500 seat venues. If Baz toured by himself in North America he would be playing bars.

"The Arena" is a bar, it's cosey and very popular for bands who can't fill bigger venues like the Convention Centre or Entertainment Centre. I actually would have prefered to see Smashing Pumpkins play there when they came instead of half filling the Con.

Edited by pain cake

I like Baz, for the most part. But he has to understand - there just isn't a market for him right now, or possibly ever again. He had his moment, and now it's time to move on.

The only way he can even play in front of a crowd anymore is opening for bands like Guns N' Roses.

God bless him... but it's over and has been since Subhuman Race was a flop with Skid Row.

there is an audience for baz....if bands like RATT, Dokken etc. can still tour and make $$ then Baz definitely can...skid row was a bigger band...the only problem is the guy hasnt toured that much to get his name out there....the GNR tour was his first U.s. tour in years..

actually if he drew 1000 i would say thats a good crowd for him..

I do think Baz can draw... with Skid Row.

I don't think Bret Michaels is busting BO records with his solo career.

Now Poison is a totally different story. Still sell very well.

Understand, like with Ratt, guys like Stephen Pearcy already tried the 'solo' route... and bombed for the same reasons Baz is struggled. Pearcy eventually ran back to Ratt, and i'm sure Baz will try to do the same down the line. That guy from White Lion did the same thing. Just took and rebuilt the entire lineup around him, called it White Lion because it was the only way to market himself. Faster Pussycat is another.

And as much as I hate to say this - so did Guns N' Roses. (sorry Axl :( )

I think you'll find that the "older" sttyle rock making a resurgence is largely blues based and is derivative of the 70's. Baz's music runs a little too far to the extremes of being too heavy or being too cheesy. I don't know about America, but he'd definately struggle to find a wider audience here.

He should have toured with cheaper ticket prices here, IMO. He would have had much higher attendance figures and made more money if he'd done that. People like me who are teetering on the edge because his tix are expensive would have just gone without thinking about it too much.

I don't agree, in fact it seems like today's crowd is "cheesy", it's like everybody knows what everybody likes, and "this good or this bad" What has happened to the unique fan who always seems to like the unpopular stuff.People are just too predictable.Not saying just Baz, but just music in general seems like it is dieing because the creativity is gone. just MO.

• 2 weeks later...

You know... now that I think of it, yes, I do agree with you & HV. Great points. Lower ticket prices would probably have drawn a lot more heads. A full Skid Row reunion would also work, I think. If they were to reunite, I think they'd have the confidence of the suits that it would do well and thus the name would become popular again. Definetly lower ticket prices. Maybe people would be attracted to it because it'd be a cheap night of fun and "that 80s metal." The name which afforded the patron with a cheap, fun night would then stick. "Oh yeah, I saw that guy a few months back. He was pretty good live."- could translate into "Yeah, I'll pick up the new cd."

What he should have also done is played in places where a younger audience could have seen him. Instead of 18+ venues he should have played in places that say 15+ could go to.