The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I just wanna say cheers for supporting a band like "Oasis" who won't go out of their way and sue the living shit out of poor fans who just want to hear their music.

:rolleyes:

The reason I support any band is because I like their music. That's it.

Its all about the music BABY!!! :D

what genre is oasis?

whats their best cd?

Each is different IMO.

Many will say Definately Maybe or (Whats The Story) Morning Glory.

My personal favourites are Be Here Now and Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants.

The first 2 are the riff-tastic, brit-pop, rock 'n' roll, working-class walls of sound that got them famous.

BHN is the sound of a drugged up, drunk, overproduced band at their loudest and most epic.

SOTSOG is Oasis on LSD, they gave up the drugs but strangely, this is their most psychadelic album currently out, lots of organs, samples, effects and backwards guitar :D I like!

Heathen Chemistry is probably the newer lineup of Oasis evolving. By no means is it their best, it is a lacklustre effort, but definately worth it for the 4 singlesand 1 or 2 other tracks.

Dont Believe The Truth is getting back to the early albums. Its basically Definately Maybe with better production, but no drugs.

As for the new album...well...we shall see!

Check the B-sides too, they're class, many are better than the album tracks. I have them all, they're brilliant.

what genre is oasis?

whats their best cd?

Start with Stop the Clocks, their best of. It will blow ye away, sonny.

No, start with either Definitely Maybe, or (What's The Story) Morning Glory? Both of these are nearly flawless.

Definitely Maybe is my favorite Oasis album. It's pretty obvious, isn't it? :lol:

It's weird how my preference for their albums almost mirrors their release schedule.

Definitely Maybe > WTSMG > Be Here Now > SOTOG > (only one out of order) DBTT > HC > and from what I've heard on the Live4ever forum (:()... Dig Out Your Soul might just continue the trend.

But yeah Definitely Maybe is an experience, man! You need to hear that one in it's entirety, 'cause they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Edited by Ant

what genre is oasis?

whats their best cd?

Start with Stop the Clocks, their best of. It will blow ye away, sonny.

No, start with either Definitely Maybe, or (What's The Story) Morning Glory? Both of these are nearly flawless.

Definitely Maybe is my favorite Oasis album. It's pretty obvious, isn't it? :lol:

No :question:

j/k :lol:

OJAYZIS - Cookin' Soul (Jay-Z vs. Oasis Mixtape)

http://www.cookinsoul.com/OJAYZIS.zip

20080819-cook1.jpg

20080819-cook2.jpg

Sweet mixtape...this isn't an official release, it's a bootleg, so I don't think there's a problem posting the link for download. Here is the original site that created it:

Noel was right, that douche Jay-Z had no right to be playing at Glastonbury. It was nice to have someone stand up and tell the rappers to stay in their element.

OJAYZIS - Cookin' Soul (Jay-Z vs. Oasis Mixtape)

http://www.cookinsoul.com/OJAYZIS.zip

20080819-cook1.jpg

20080819-cook2.jpg

Sweet mixtape...this isn't an official release, it's a bootleg, so I don't think there's a problem posting the link for download. Here is the original site that created it:

Noel was right, that douche Jay-Z had no right to be playing at Glastonbury. It was nice to have someone stand up and tell the rappers to stay in their element.

This is a mixtape mashing up Oasis and Jay-Z songs together. It's not a competition compilation. :lol:

And no, Noel wasn't right to do that - he was being a cock. Jay-Z put on a great show, everybody loved it, and even Noel apologized afterward for his comments.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Oasis gear up for release with new record deal

Oasis appear to have started moving towards a new record release by signing a three-album deal in partnership with Sony BMG today (June 19).

The group's own Big Brother Recordings will release the band's new albums in a profit share arrangement with the major label. Thanks to a brand new music business structure Oasis' Big Brother label will also look after the distribution and marketing of the band's back catalogue in all major markets worldwide.

The group's first album in partnership with Sony BMG is due out later this year.

Oasis have released all of their albums on their own label since the dissolution of Creation Records in the late 1990s, including 'Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants', 'Heathen Chemistry' and 'Don't Believe The Truth'.

One of Oasis' management team, Alec McKinlay, celebrated the deal, saying: "This is an imaginative and exciting arrangement which will allow Big Brother to team up with the creme of both the independent and major sectors worldwide to build on Oasis' already considerable international success.

"This allows the band to take advantage of all the opportunities presented by the new business models available today as well as remaining totally in control of their own destiny. We are really pleased that Sony BMG have demonstrated the foresight and courage to engage with the band in this way."

Ged Doherty, Chairman and CEO of Sony BMG Music Entertainment UK added: "Oasis are in complete control of their destiny and could have chosen to sign with anyone - or even go it alone - so I am delighted that they have chosen to continue to work with us. In addition this new arrangement will empower Big Brother to market and release not only the new albums but also the historic catalogue in many countries of the world so that they can replicate the unparalleled sales and marketing record they have in the UK."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oasis exclusive: new album and single details announced

Jun 24, 2008

Oasis will release their next studio album, 'Dig Out Your Soul', on October 6 on their Big Brother label.

The album will be preceded by a single, 'The Shock Of The Lightning', on September 29.

The LP, which will be the band's seventh studio effort, was produced by Dave Sardy, who also worked on Oasis' last album, 2005's 'Don't Believe The Truth'. It was recorded in London's Abbey Road and mixed in Los Angeles.

Comeback single 'The Shock Of The Lightning' was written by Noel Gallagher and features his brother, Liam Gallagher, on lead vocals.

Speaking about the album Noel Gallagher said: "I wanted to write music that had a groove; not songs that followed that traditional pattern of verse, chorus and middle eight.

"I wanted a sound that was more hypnotic; more driving. Songs that would draw you in, in a different way. Songs that you would maybe have to connect to – to feel."

Of 'The Shock Of The Lightning', Gallagher added: "If 'The Shock Of The Lightning' sounds instant and compelling to you, it's because it was written dead fast. And recorded dead fast.

"'The Shock of The Lightning' basically is the demo. And it has retained its energy. And there’s a lot to be said for that, I think. The first time you record something is always the best."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Sharrock named new Oasis drummer.

He will be joining Oasis in the near future. Noel Gallagher said in an interview for MOJO, regarding the appointment of Oasis' new drummer, "Liam is still not happy about Chris Sharrock, because he's Robbie William's drummer. I went home and thought about it and it was just too much of a temptation to piss Robbie Williams and Liam off in one phone call."[1]

I wonder if Axl is a fan of Oasis. I know he once mentioned that GNR couldn't make things work like Oasis did.

There's a lot of similarities between Appetite and Definitely Maybe in the sense that they were both a raw perspective on their lives and living in the moment.

Just curious since this is an Oasis thread on a GNR board.

Oasis gear up for release with new record deal

Oasis appear to have started moving towards a new record release by signing a three-album deal in partnership with Sony BMG today (June 19).

The group's own Big Brother Recordings will release the band's new albums in a profit share arrangement with the major label. Thanks to a brand new music business structure Oasis' Big Brother label will also look after the distribution and marketing of the band's back catalogue in all major markets worldwide.

The group's first album in partnership with Sony BMG is due out later this year.

Oasis have released all of their albums on their own label since the dissolution of Creation Records in the late 1990s, including 'Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants', 'Heathen Chemistry' and 'Don't Believe The Truth'.

One of Oasis' management team, Alec McKinlay, celebrated the deal, saying: "This is an imaginative and exciting arrangement which will allow Big Brother to team up with the creme of both the independent and major sectors worldwide to build on Oasis' already considerable international success.

"This allows the band to take advantage of all the opportunities presented by the new business models available today as well as remaining totally in control of their own destiny. We are really pleased that Sony BMG have demonstrated the foresight and courage to engage with the band in this way."

Ged Doherty, Chairman and CEO of Sony BMG Music Entertainment UK added: "Oasis are in complete control of their destiny and could have chosen to sign with anyone - or even go it alone - so I am delighted that they have chosen to continue to work with us. In addition this new arrangement will empower Big Brother to market and release not only the new albums but also the historic catalogue in many countries of the world so that they can replicate the unparalleled sales and marketing record they have in the UK."

Oasis exclusive: new album and single details announced

Jun 24, 2008

Oasis will release their next studio album, 'Dig Out Your Soul', on October 6 on their Big Brother label.

The album will be preceded by a single, 'The Shock Of The Lightning', on September 29.

The LP, which will be the band's seventh studio effort, was produced by Dave Sardy, who also worked on Oasis' last album, 2005's 'Don't Believe The Truth'. It was recorded in London's Abbey Road and mixed in Los Angeles.

Comeback single 'The Shock Of The Lightning' was written by Noel Gallagher and features his brother, Liam Gallagher, on lead vocals.

Speaking about the album Noel Gallagher said: "I wanted to write music that had a groove; not songs that followed that traditional pattern of verse, chorus and middle eight.

"I wanted a sound that was more hypnotic; more driving. Songs that would draw you in, in a different way. Songs that you would maybe have to connect to – to feel."

Of 'The Shock Of The Lightning', Gallagher added: "If 'The Shock Of The Lightning' sounds instant and compelling to you, it's because it was written dead fast. And recorded dead fast.

"'The Shock of The Lightning' basically is the demo. And it has retained its energy. And there’s a lot to be said for that, I think. The first time you record something is always the best."

Chris Sharrock named new Oasis drummer.

He will be joining Oasis in the near future. Noel Gallagher said in an interview for MOJO, regarding the appointment of Oasis' new drummer, "Liam is still not happy about Chris Sharrock, because he's Robbie William's drummer. I went home and thought about it and it was just too much of a temptation to piss Robbie Williams and Liam off in one phone call."[1]

I wonder if Axl is a fan of Oasis. I know he once mentioned that GNR couldn't make things work like Oasis did.

There's a lot of similarities between Appetite and Definitely Maybe in the sense that they were both a raw perspective on their lives and living in the moment.

Just curious since this is an Oasis thread on a GNR board.

Or..if Liam and Noel are fans of GNR? I've never heard that. Perhaps Appetite was some sort of blueprint for them..besides the obvious Beatles similarities.

'well we're no fucking Guns N Roses but we put on a show'.

Haha, that reminds me of a funny video of Liam showing what he'd look like if he interacted with the crowd more. Forgot which one it was, darn Youtube!

'well we're no fucking Guns N Roses but we put on a show'.

Haha, that reminds me of a funny video of Liam showing what he'd look like if he interacted with the crowd more. Forgot which one it was, darn Youtube!

I see a video from the Lord Dont Slow Me Down rockumentary, the bloke with the camera is peeking through a tiny crack in the door and Liam is dancing (no music at all! :lol:) and humming to himself, it's like a mixture of Ian Brown and an ape...those two are probably the same thing :book:

I've seen Oasis and Beck over the last few days and I'm going to be seeing STP tomorrow night. To be honest, Oasis wasn't that good of a show. It's the third time I've seen the band and it was the worst show I've seen them do. The three things that killed the show were; Liam's voice, Liam's lack of interest (He wasn't even trying to hit the higher notes and he was standing with his back toward the crowd a lot of the time), and the presence of so many new(er) songs in the setlist. It was great when Noel was singing songs though. It's time for Noel to go solo. Liam's voice is fucked and you could tell that he just doesn't care.

Last night I went and saw Beck and it was one of the better shows I've ever seen. He only played for about an hour and a half but he was really giving it his all. Lots of the songs he played were ones I wasn't familiar with but they all sounded killer. He did play all the hits too, pretty much. Some of the arrangements were a bit different but they sounded even better to me. Here is a clip of Where It's At from last night

I really can't say enough good things about the show. Just go see Beck and I guarantee that you will love it.