The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

My Big Mouth, I can't wait to hear play that fucker! Few songs like Songbird, Live Forever, Supersonic etc. I'd like replaced but still a killer setlist. Something I'd like to hear would maybe be like this, even though it's like 3 songs too long. And never going to happen. :(

Fuckin’ In The Bushes

Rock ‘N’ Roll Star

Bag It Up

Cigarettes & Alcohol

My Big Mouth

The Shock Of The Lightning

Step Out (Noel)

Waiting For The Rapture (Noel)

The Masterplan (Noel)

Fade Away

Bring It On Down

Up In The Sky

Underneath The Sky

Cast No Shadow

Whatever (Noel & Gem acoustic)

Half The World Away (Noel & Gem acoustic)

Talk Tonight (Noel & Gem acoustic)

Round Are Way (Noel & Gem acoustic)

Columbia

Some Might Say

Gas Panic!

Listen Up

--------------------------------

Don’t Look Back In Anger (Noel)

Little By Little (Noel)

It’s Good To Be Free

Champagne Supernova

:thumbsup:

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round Are Way (Noel & Gem acoustic)

Or imagine this fucker with Liam on vocals and a full orchestra backing.

Mmm true. I'd just been listening to the MTV unplugged, forgotten it was killer with Liam on vocals too.

Edited by Snake Eyes

Listen to the Knebworth version, where they add bits of Up In The Sky at the end. Killer.

I suppose I'll add my dream set (23 songs plus FITB):

1. Fuckin In The Bushes

2. Turn Up The Sun

3. The Shock Of The Lightning

4. Hindu Times

5. Eyeball Tickler

6. Lyla

7. Lord Dont Slow Me Down (Liam Version)

8. Hung In A Bad Place

9. My Big Mouth (New Version)

10. D'You Know What I Mean

11. Step Out

12. Round Are Way-Up In The Sky

14. Columbia

15. Roll With It

16. Gas Panic!

17. The Turning

18. Stop Crying Your Heart Out

19. Some Might Say

20. Cigarettes & Alcohol

21. Falling Down

22. Dont Look Back In Anger

23. Champagne Supernova

24. Rock N Roll Star

I know enough about guitar that tracks 2-10 could all be played in one go, without stopping, as they all start/finish on similar chords, and could really be epic. Never mind.

^^ Good picks, especially Hung In A Bad Place (underrated as fuck), D'You Know What I Mean? (not in my list cos I dunno if Liam could pull it off right now) and The Turning. Out of curiousity, original version or alternative version of The Turning?

• 3 weeks later...

Yo check my remix!

I've creatively named this 'Soldier On To Be Where They're Turning It Up Off Your High Horse Outta Time Down For The Rapture Of The Shock Of The Reality'. It combines different parts from every DOYS song, from the Guitar Hero masters. Massive thanks to the uploader of those clips.

Here's a brief description of what's in it:

The main part has the piano, guitars, drums and vocals of The Turning, with a spedup bassline from TBWTL. The TBWTL sitar also runs throughout.

The intro combines the lyric 'Gold And Silver And Sunshine', with part of the Bag It Up Solo, and the intros of AGN, IOT, and the guitar riff from WFTR.

The explosion from BIU at the end runs through the second half of the song, in normal, and reverse, which the feedback samples from TSOTL do.

The acoustic guitar from the GOYHHL's middle plays during the second half.

The nature of reality's intro, and outro are played in normal and reverse too.

The WTFTR riff plays contantly near the end, as well as Soldier On's ending.

The Falling Down acoustic guitar, and IOT solo ends it.

It's 6:52 in length, and here are the links for the WAV. version, or the MP3 version.

http://rapidshare.com/files/251387885/Sold...urni_1.wav.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/251387667/Sold..._Turni.m4a.html

I sorta based this on the AA Falling Down mix, and would like to think that would be what it would sound like if AA mixed the whole album, only shorter :)

Be nice, this is my first time doing this sorta thing, I used Audacity, the volume levels are a bit iffy, and the alignment of the bassline is ever so slightly out.

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I saw Oasis at Wembley Thursday night.

Collosal. Reverend & The Makers were great, and the keyboard player bird is HAWT. The Enemy were also really having it, very good. Kasabian however were a slight let down. Tom didn't seem up for it. Musically very good though.

I was right at the front for Oasis, mega gig from start to finish. My Big Mouth was mega. During Wonderwall the power cut out twice (:lol: Seems to be the theme of this tour) but the band's monitors were still going, they could hear themselves but all we could hear was minimal volume. Brilliant to hear 90000 people singing the lyrics! Noel joked 'Noones getting a refund, can I just clarify that. NOONE IS GETTING A REFUND! It cost us half a million last time. You're not getting a refund, you aren't, not you, not you, not you in the glasses, no refunds for people with glasses.' :lol: He then asked if anyone had any good jokes, but said 'No MJ jokes, even though there are some belters :lol:'.

Personal highlight has to be the whole encore (DLBIA, Falling Down, Champagne Supernova, I Am The Walrus). Incredible.

And Ive just found out that theyre playing Whatever at tonights gig. Bastards.

Liam's the sort of singer who sounds good when you're there, and awful when you listen back to the bootleg. I saw them in 05 and listening back was atrocious. But he genuinely sounded great, he's been steadily getting better since February or so (I'm an avid collector of Oasis bootlegs you see :P)

wow last night was mega, and yeh mark the keyboardist for rev and the makers is a stunner...saw them quite up close and personal fdriday they opened for the enemy at the somerset house (great gig) but back to oasis, was much better than at the arena last year had a brilliant day..was so happy thay they played "whatever". Kasabian were amazing, on par with oasis imo. And the enemy put on a good show too.

Already, can't wait for V in August!!

Oasis, Elbow and Ocean Colour Scene all on the main stage, The Enemy and Katy Perry :wub: on the 2nd stage, and MGMT on the 3rd. I think MGMT will probably be finishing just as Oasis come on, pretty piss poor planning on the festival's behalf, probably Britains biggest band, and the biggest new band of the moment both on within an hour of each other.

And the V site says they won't release schedule info online, you'll need to buy a programme on the day. Wankers.

Liam's the sort of singer who sounds good when you're there, and awful when you listen back to the bootleg. I saw them in 05 and listening back was atrocious. But he genuinely sounded great, he's been steadily getting better since February or so (I'm an avid collector of Oasis bootlegs you see :P)

His best vocals on this tour was at Théâtre antique de Vienne in France:

But the second Wembley concert, last saturday, must be one of their best. Don't look back in anger was biblical. Noel let the people sing all the song..amazing.

Edited by Gallagher Rose

I'd agree with that. Do ya know if a murrayfield bootlegs showed up?

Liam Gallagher was once the best and most naturally gifted singer in the world IMO, he wouldnt even try to sing and he'd sound like an otherworldly angel or something.

listen to the live forever demo from 1993.

or this, the way he sings "maybe I just wanna fly" especially the "I".... it's got this incredibly vulnerable angelic feel to it. Words cannot describe it.

it's quite ironic, he sang all I need are cigarettes and alcohol, yet they've ruined his voice. He's still fantastic in the studio, but live he's nowhere near what he once was.

he's still an iconic singer and occasionally does sound fantastic live.

and I agree he somehow manages to sound brilliant when you watch him live, but if you listen to the audio of the performance it's a bit below par, always though it was strange.

Liam's vocals used to carry oasis, now Oasis' wall of sound carries liam.

I'd agree with you on that, DOYS has my favourite studio sound for Liam but he's just not at his live best. Noel however, he's at his peak live (atleast how I hear it) - listen to The Dreams We Have As Children and you'll see what I mean. He nailed Waiting For The Rapture at murrayfield, Liam was great too.

• 2 weeks later...