Jay Z Sticks It To Gallagher, Doubters

mahimahi

Jay-Z > Oasis.

I cant believe what i just read.

Just look at the guy's name, he obviously has a shit taste in music

Oasis are terribly over-rated, except for about 2 albums. However, Jay-Z was really entertaining at Glastonbury and I think most people here are just shunning him because he is a hip-hop artist.

And don't get me defending Led Zeppelin, cause I probably won't shut the fuck up for an hour or so.

I'm shunning him cause he's a BAD hip-hop artist. Get Dead Prez or Mos Def in front of me and fuck yes piss in my mouth I'll be front row, he just makes annoying ass generic music, never spat anything profound or thought provoking or even cool for that matter.

you dont have to be profound or thought provoking to be talented. his rhymes are incredible. just on a technical level he is second to none. but yeah, gimme Oasis anyway anyhow anywhere..

Jay-Z has at least 3 albums that are considered "landmark" albums in his genre.

Can Oasis say that?

Oasis were leaders of an entire movement in music in the mid 90s...can Jay Z say that??? no, alls Jay Z can say is that he, along with Nas fill the void left by Biggie and Pac...inadequately at that..

You can lead a movement and still stink. People would say that Nirvana helped to lead a movement. I wouldn't say that, but others would, and they sure as hell aren't that good. In fact, they're a lot like Oasis. A couple hits, and a few albums worth of other songs that no one cares about because they are uninspired.

Don't even get me started on Nas. Nas = Jay-Z > Oasis.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you listen to an oasis b-side and it pretty much destroys Jay Z's entire back catalogue.

so what if noel thinks jay z shouldnt play glastonbury.

he was average at best, the verve put on the best show - FACT.

You're joking right?

Can Oasis say that?

Oasis defined a generation.

in that sense Jay Z is pretty much a no-mark.

Edited by SolidSnake

It's just that Jay-Z trumps anything Oasis has ever done

Please, Jay Z's a punk...he can rhyme, yes, one of the best at it, yes...but trumps Oasis? fuck offfff...he's a TOTAL and complete Notorious BIG rip off, Oasis might be derivative but theres an element of themselves in it, their stamp as it were. they were at the forefront of a whole crop of bands in music (Indie or Brit Pop or Brit Rock) bands like Blur, Suede, Supergrass etc...were the biggest rock n roll band of their time, Definitely Maybe and Whats The Story Morning Glory WILL go down in history as totemic album of their decade. to be honest, in rock n roll in the 90s and 00s...its of the 10 best that rock n roll has come up with...and they've had stellar solid albums since with at least 4 or so instantly indentifiable and bitchin' ass tracks per album.

Jay Z basically would be nothing if Biggie and Pac were alive...he got up off of their coattails...and thats a fact. he was fucking terrified when that shit popped off and Pac was all on his ass talkin' bout "Jay Z die too, lookin' out for mobb deep, black person when i find you"...Hawwaian Sophie, thats what that motherfuckers about...he's weak. then he's got the nerve to be ridin' on that Me and My Girlfriend Pac track.

he's brilliant lyrically but he's just a poor mans Biggie Smalls...his rhyme scheme, his way of...as opposed to straight rhymin' manipulating the rhymes into having a rhythm of their own, sort of like the way in rock music the track has a melody and then the vocals do too, as opposed to just being dumped on the track, he has that but again...its a Biggie thing...

Oasis, to me are like...the deserved (whats the word im lookin for?) the deserved....i cant think of the fucking word, heirs, thats it, the deserved heirs to the tradition of British Rock n Roll. They're the real deal, they have every single ingridient..always have. now if you'll excuse me, im gonna stick Def Maybe on :)

you listen to an oasis b-side and it pretty much destroys Jay Z's entire back catalogue.

You're joking right?

Can Oasis say that?

No they didn't

If anything 94-99, belongs to bands like Third Eye Blind, Matchbox 20, Stone Temple Pilots, Bush etc.

Oasis was big for like a year.

Edited by SunnyDRE

You're joking right?

Can Oasis say that?

No they didn't

If anything 94-99, belongs to bands like Third Eye Blind, Matchbox 20, Stone Temple Pilots, Bush etc.

What are you like 12? That was the era of Brit-pop. Stone Roses, The Verve, Oasis, Blur :xmassrudolph:

It's just that Jay-Z trumps anything Oasis has ever done

Please, Jay Z's a punk...he can rhyme, yes, one of the best at it, yes...but trumps Oasis? fuck offfff...he's a TOTAL and complete Notorious BIG rip off, Oasis might be derivative but theres an element of themselves in it, their stamp as it were. they were at the forefront of a whole crop of bands in music (Indie or Brit Pop or Brit Rock) bands like Blur, Suede, Supergrass etc...were the biggest rock n roll band of their time, Definitely Maybe and Whats The Story Morning Glory WILL go down in history as totemic album of their decade. to be honest, in rock n roll in the 90s and 00s...its of the 10 best that rock n roll has come up with...and they've had stellar solid albums since with at least 4 or so instantly indentifiable and bitchin' ass tracks per album.

Jay Z basically would be nothing if Biggie and Pac were alive...he got up off of their coattails...and thats a fact. he was fucking terrified when that shit popped off and Pac was all on his ass talkin' bout "Jay Z die too, lookin' out for mobb deep, black person when i find you"...Hawwaian Sophie, thats what that motherfuckers about...he's weak. then he's got the nerve to be ridin' on that Me and My Girlfriend Pac track.

he's brilliant lyrically but he's just a poor mans Biggie Smalls...his rhyme scheme, his way of...as opposed to straight rhymin' manipulating the rhymes into having a rhythm of their own, sort of like the way in rock music the track has a melody and then the vocals do too, as opposed to just being dumped on the track, he has that but again...its a Biggie thing...

Oasis, to me are like...the deserved (whats the word im lookin for?) the deserved....i cant think of the fucking word, heirs, thats it, the deserved heirs to the tradition of British Rock n Roll. They're the real deal, they have every single ingridient..always have. now if you'll excuse me, im gonna stick Def Maybe on :)

Funny how you call Jay-Z a rip-off, when Oasis has always been accused of being a complete "Beatles" rip-off for years.

Anyways, when everything is said and done. Jay-Z's footnote in Music History will be much longer than Oasis's.

You're joking right?

Can Oasis say that?

No they didn't

What are you like 12? That was the era of Brit-pop. Stone Roses, The Verve, Oasis, Blur :xmassrudolph:

No it fucking wasn't dude.

I lived in the era. I was there....hello.

94-99 belong to those bands I listed. At least in the US.

Not all of us are teenagers dude.

Edit: By the way, none of the bands you listed ever achieved massive sucess in the states, maybe a hit single....but nothing more.

In fact, most people in states don't even know who thoses bands are.

Edited by SunnyDRE

You're joking right?

Can Oasis say that?

No they didn't

Edit: By the way, none of the bands you listed ever achieved massive sucess in the states, maybe a hit single....but nothing more.

Oh comeon, you could give many more accolades to say Rage against the Machine, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Tupac... Christ you could give more credit to the Spice Girls and Backstreet boys for defining that particular part of time :rofl-lol:

Edited by pain cake

You're joking right?

Can Oasis say that?

No they didn't

Oh comeon, you could give many more accolades to say Rage against the Machine, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Tupac... Christ you could give more credit to the Spice Girls and Backstreet boys for defining that particular part of time :rofl-lol:

Notice the "etc."

You're joking right?

Can Oasis say that?

No they didn't

Notice the "etc."

Dude you're gonna have to step up your game if you wanna post shit like "Jay-Z will be immortalized while Oasis will be forgotten". And the bands you listed had a few hits but are dead now with the exception of Matchbox 20. That etc. was too ambiguous and followed too crap a artists to encorporate bands with actual acclaimed records at the time.

How many hits did STP have? Wonderwall, Morning Glory and Don't Look Back in Anger are 3 of the biggest hits of the 90's, name 3 songs STP or Bush or 3rd brown eye did that were bigger... oh hell, name 1 :)

Edited by pain cake

You're joking right?

Can Oasis say that?

No they didn't

Notice the "etc."

Dude you're gonna have to step up your game if you wanna post shit like "Jay-Z will be immortalized while Oasis will be forgotten". And the bands you listed had a few hits but are dead now with the exception of Matchbox 20. That etc. was too ambiguous and followed too crap a artists to encorporate bands with actual acclaimed records at the time.

How many hits did STP have? Wonderwall, Morning Glory and Don't Look Back in Anger are 3 of the biggest hits of the 90's, name 3 songs STP or Bush or 3rd brown eye did that were bigger... oh hell, name 1 :)

Ok dude, I'm not going to argue with you anymore.

I stand by original posts.

Go back and read them, they are my respones.

You're joking right?

Can Oasis say that?

No they didn't

Notice the "etc."

Ok dude, I'm not going to argue with you anymore.

I stand by original posts.

Go back and read them, they are my respones.

Okay fine, I was just hoping you'd be able to back them up. If you wanna chalk it up to oppinion, that's cool, but you go on to the street today, you can bet most people would be able to name or sing the chorus to at least 2 Oasis hits, best response you'd get for Jay-Z would be "yeah he was in that thing with Beyonce right?"

Maybe in the UK.

Oasis is not big in the US dude. They just aren't.

They were big for a year or a year and a half at the most.

Edit:

Dude you are 18!! I lived through the shit that you're talking about.....you were barely born.

You call my observations "opinions", when your observations are coming from things you can only read about.

Edited by SunnyDRE

You're joking right?

Can Oasis say that?

No they didn't

Jesus.

:|

Okay fine, I was just hoping you'd be able to back them up. If you wanna chalk it up to oppinion, that's cool, but you go on to the street today, you can bet most people would be able to name or sing the chorus to at least 2 Oasis hits, best response you'd get for Jay-Z would be "yeah he was in that thing with Beyonce right?"

lol

Not in America. No. Just... no.

STP is also wayyyy more popular than Oasis in America, then and now.

Oh, and I'm an Oasis fan, but some of you guys are blowing it out of proportion. I don't know how huge they were in the UK or Australia, but I assure you that they are not that big here. They were kinda popular for awhile, but nothing like some of you guys are making it out to be.

SunnyDRE has been pretty accurate.

Also... Jay-Z > Oasis.

Oasis were leaders of an entire movement in music in the mid 90s...can Jay Z say that??? no, alls Jay Z can say is that he, along with Nas fill the void left by Biggie and Pac...inadequately at that..

I completely agree. Nobody would give a shit about Jay Z or NAS if Pac and Biggie were still around.

lol

Oh, and I'm an Oasis fan, but some of you guys are blowing it out of proportion. I don't know how huge they were in the UK or Australia, but I assure you that they are not that big here. They were kinda popular for awhile, but nothing like some of you guys are making it out to be.

Also... Jay-Z > Oasis.

Oasis is huge in almost every Country other than the US. If they acted like pussies (Coldplay) when they came over to the US they would still be big in the US.

I completely agree. Nobody would give a shit about Jay Z or NAS if Pac and Biggie were still around.

lol

Also... Jay-Z > Oasis.

Oasis is huge in almost every Country other than the US. If they acted like pussies (Coldplay) when they came over to the US they would still be big in the US.

I think huge is a overstatement. Enjoy more success......maybe.

They aren't even the #1 band in their own county.

Radiohead anyone?

Edited by SunnyDRE

I think huge is a overstatement. Enjoy more sucess......maybe.

Radiohead anyone?

Oasis are far bigger than Radiohead in the UK.

They are not.

Edit:

They may be now, but when I was stationed there (around the time of Kid A) they weren't. It wasn't even close.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Radiohead anyone?

They are not.

Yes they are. Morning Glory is the second biggest album of all time in the UK. Just behind Sgt Peppers.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Radiohead anyone?

They are not.

Yes they are. Morning Glory is the second biggest album of all time in the UK. Just behind Sgt Peppers.

I edited my post.

When I was stationed there (2000-2003) they weren't. Radiohead (around the time, before the release of Kid A) owned every band including Oasis as far as media and public was concern.

Morning Glory was a big seller, but OK Computer is consistently ahead of that album on every poll, by critics and fans.

Edited by SunnyDRE

I edited my post.

When I was stationed there (2000-2003) they weren't. Radiohead (around the time, before the release of Kid A) owned every band including Oasis as far as media and public was concern.

Morning Glory was a big seller, but OK Computer is consistently ahead of that album on every poll, by critics and fans.

Morning Glory is one of the best albums ever. It's the best album since Appetite For Destruction, in my opinion. Radiohead are a good band though.

I edited my post.

Morning Glory is one of the best albums ever. It's the best album since Appetite For Destruction, in my opinion. Radiohead are a good band though.

none of it matters, the verve are back, they will own the world. (including oasis and radiohead)