Oh but I, only I

Can see the serpent. [Love You But You’re Green]>

>Come and see the blinding

It's so blinding

It's the last thing that you'll ever see

But you might be happy oh, happier

Than you've ever been [blinding]

slimane-doherty.jpg

So what’s the use between death and glory?

I can't tell between death and glory. [Fuck Forever]

826fe0c0.jpg

Happy endings, no, they never bored me

Happy endings, they still don't bore me.[FF]

9984f41d.jpg

A thread for all of us who like Libertines & Babyshambles.

Pete Doherty is a piece of shite only known for his drug taking and shagging a supermodel. It actually sickens me to hear of him being referred to in the press as a rock star..real stars are people like Axl, Steve Tyler, Mike Stipe, Bono, Anthony Keidis and the late great Jim Morrisson..you know, people who could actually write and perform whether wasted or not. Give the rich boy a shower and send him back home to mummy to clean up his act!

Pete Doherty is a piece of shite only known for his drug taking and shagging a supermodel.

Lol. Maybe by you.

Some people had actually heard his music pre-Kate Moss. And liked it both before and after. The fact is, on or off the smack he's probably one of the best song writers in Britain at the moment.

I think history will actually reflect more kindly on Pete Doherty as long as at some point he completely gets his act together.

The Libertines guerilla gigging and stuff will always be reminisced about aswell, part of me hopes they don't reunite even though i never got to see them.

Besides, as someone pointed out, I think you'd be hard-stretched to find an article on Jim Morrison or Axl Rose or Steven Tyler from their prime which doesn't mention the excesses of their lifestyle.

Babyshambles are alright, the first album had a cool vibe and a few cracking songs, Shotter's Nation was alot more pop-orientated. Lyrically he dropped the more poetic nature and wrote some decent pop lyrics which turned into some more catchy tunes which is probably why it sold so well.

Personally I've got high hopes for his solo album, and maybe if there ever is a Libertines third album, they'll top Can't Stand Me Now with an even greater and more honest song, We Can Stand Each Other Again or something.

I dont actually have any criticism of him taking drugs, i know most of the great artists do...but the difference is they actually perform well, wasted or not. Where does he really ever get mentioned for his music making? I think he's crap and at the same time im sure you will think alot of the bands i like are crap..personal choice ;)

im a big fan of the libertines, some really good songs written there, but when he went solo anf formed babyshambles i lost interest, pete doherty and carl barat had a real chemistry on stage and with the whole songwriting things, imo carl is a better songwriter ( music wise ) and pete the better lyrics guy, they need to reunite

i almost went to a babyshambles gig, twice, got cancelled both times zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.gif

i saw pete doherty as a local pub to me last year, it was the best thing ive seen no lie, pisses me off all the tabloids and all the people that read the tabloids ignore the music and just read all the shit....what rockstar aint been fucked out of their face on drugs...im sure one day hel get the proper respect that he deserves

The Libertines are like the best band ever or something.

Well, not really, the second album was crappy, but the first one was close to being perfect.

And they sound really cool even if they're all fucked up players (the drummer was awesome though, but he couldn't keep time)

The Libertines are like the best band ever or something.

Well, not really, the second album was crappy, but the first one was close to being perfect.

And they sound really cool even if they're all fucked up players (the drummer was awesome though, but he couldn't keep time)

up the bracket was a lot better than the second album, but i still rate the second album

Man's a genius, he writes some good shit. If you don't like his music, you're a cunt.

I've never heard his music, which means I don't like it (but don't dislike), so I'm a cunt?

If you make stupid ignorant claims, you're a cunt.

Hows that one?

You're a cunt.

You might as well be Barry Manilow - you're a cunt.

The second album is awesome, even if the first is a little (well, a lot) more concise.

Pete Doherty is a piece of shite only known for his drug taking and shagging a supermodel. It actually sickens me to hear of him being referred to in the press as a rock star..real stars are people like Axl, Steve Tyler, Mike Stipe, Bono, Anthony Keidis and the late great Jim Morrisson..you know, people who could actually write and perform whether wasted or not. Give the rich boy a shower and send him back home to mummy to clean up his act!

Ha HA! I do think his private life has become more interesting than his music.What a waster.

Ha HA! I do think his private life has become more interesting than his music.What a waster.

no way, his music's great...

no way, his music's great...

Maybe his music is great, but lately his private life indeed has become bigger than his music. Worldwide, most people only know him for being the junkie boyfriend of Kate. Most people have no clue how his music is like. If he cleans up a little he has a bigger change of getting famous worldwide in what he is good at (music), instead of being the junkie (ex) boyfriend of Kate.