The Tale of Pete Doherty

Arsenal

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nme.com/news/pete-doherty/42120

Pete Doherty names solo album - exclusive

Babyshambles man gets ready for March release

The record, which is now set to be released on March 16, is called 'Grace/Wastelands'. A single, 'Last Of The English Roses', is released on March 9.

'Grace/Wastelands' features guest appearances from Blur's Graham Coxon, Dot Allison and Doherty's Babyshambles bandmates.

Speaking of Coxon's involvement, Doherty said in a statement: "I remember when I was about 15 and still listened to Pet Shop Boys and Chas & Dave, and some lad at school who was a bit of a mod lent me a Blur tape and it had on it a song called 'Bank Holiday. I was like, 'What's this?' I said to him, 'I liked that tape but that one song, it's a bit fast.' And he said, 'Yeah, it's punk. It depends what mood you're in.'

"And then something sort of clicked in me. I've always liked Coxon, it seems, and I don't know why."

He added: "I was absolutely horrified when he said he was actually a fan of some of the things I've done."

The tracklisting of Pete Doherty's solo album is:

'Arcadie'

'Last Of The English Roses'

'1939 Returning'

'A Little Death Around The Eyes'

'Salome'

'Through The Looking Glass'

'Sweet By And By'

'Palace Of Bone'

'Sheepskin Tearaway'

'Broken Love Song'

'New Love Grows On Trees'

'Lady, Don't Fall Backwards'

To read our exclusive track-by-track guide to the album, head over to the NME Office Blog.

Man's a genius, he writes some good shit. If you don't like his music, you're a cunt.

Pete Doherty is an overhyped skanky prick who is pissing what meagre talent he has up against a wall and if you indulge him in his pseudo intelectual heroin addicted bullshit then you are an even bigger cunt that he is, and im not even sure if thats possible. What a fucking monkey felching little cunt.

He played 'Lola' for me ^_^

It's quite suprising how scabby he is..literally, covered in dirt and scabs. Taller that you'd think--must be over 6' 3". They always keep an eye on him in the guitar shops in Denmark Street--he's tried to steal guitars a few times.

A band I know supported Babyshambles a while back--'shambles didn't get on until very late. From what I saw, they're ok live--nothing special, I only stayed for about 3 songs though.

He played 'Lola' for me ^_^

It's quite suprising how scabby he is..literally, covered in dirt and scabs. Taller that you'd think--must be over 6' 3". They always keep an eye on him in the guitar shops in Denmark Street--he's tried to steal guitars a few times.

A band I know supported Babyshambles a while back--'shambles didn't get on until very late. From what I saw, they're ok live--nothing special, I only stayed for about 3 songs though.

The fucking slob needs to sort himself out and stop inflicting his pretentious cockney wank poetry on everyone. And stop wearing that ridiculous pork pie hat. Kate Moss must have been on some wacky drugs.

• 4 months later...

I always thought the guy was a cunt, but Grace/Wastelands was okay. I don't let opinions on people get in the way of whether I enjoy the music or not, so I gave it a chance. Not bad, but nothing I'd choose to listen to.

No offence to any of his fans here.