New Stone Temple Pilots album in 2010

appetite4illusions

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shangri-La has a fewtunes that are very similar to that (Days of the Week, Hollywood Bitch, Too Cool Queenie) a few tunes that echo their heavier side (Dumb Love, Coma, Regeneration) and the rest is either slow or experimental. A well rounded album and well worth digesting.

Scott says this self-titled album is much more rooted in the hard rock, which sounds dandy to me. B)

I am shocked at the Shangri-La support here. Is this a joke?

Every album before it was far superior. Especially Core and Purple

Go listen to it again, it's a fantastic album, and is easily their most inventive album besides Tiny Music. Purple is my favorite, but it wasn't anything new. Core is good at times, but too cliche.

Also, I'd say Too Cool Queenie is my favorite STP song besides Seven Caged Tigers.

I am shocked at the Shangri-La support here. Is this a joke?

Every album before it was far superior. Especially Core and Purple

Go listen to it again, it's a fantastic album, and is easily their most inventive album besides Tiny Music. Purple is my favorite, but it wasn't anything new. Core is good at times, but too cliche.

Also, I'd say Too Cool Queenie is my favorite STP song besides Seven Caged Tigers.

I listened to it again right after I posted in this thread the first time. I just can't get into it....But, I am extremely excited about some new STP.

The new song does have a "poppy" Nirvana feel to it, but it is sounding promising

Shangri is my favourite album of theirs along with purple. Too Cool Queenie, Bi-Polar Bear, Hello It's Late, Black Again, Transmissions From A Lonely Room, Wonderful.. all great songs.

Transmissions From A Lonely Room is ridiculously overlooked.

On the contrary, Transmissions From A Lonely Room is really the only SLDD song I couldn't get into besides Long Way Home.

Guest floyd the barber

I like this. I'd prefer to hear a new Stone Temple Pilots album over another Velvet Revolver one. I always thought Scott and the rest of the band didn't blend in as they should. They just had too many musical differences. Stone Temple Pilots just meshes in better.

I like this. I'd prefer to hear a new Stone Temple Pilots album over another Velvet Revolver one. I always thought Scott and the rest of the band didn't blend in as they should. They just had too many musical differences. Stone Temple Pilots just meshes in better.

They blended great on about six songs, the rest could sound pretty hamfisted for both parties.

I bet the DeLeo's were pretty jealous of Slither though.

They blended great on about six songs, the rest could sound pretty hamfisted for both parties.

I bet the DeLeo's were pretty jealous of Slither though.

I honestly don't think Slither is all that good. My favorite VR song by a long shot is You Got No Right. I think the DeLeo's should be jealous of that.

STP kicked off their new album tour last night at SXSW, and debuted 4 new songs! Setlist from last night's show:

Vasoline

Crackerman

Wicked Garden

Hollywood Bitch*

Between The Lines**

Hickory Dichotomy**

Big Empty

Sour Girl

Creep

Plush

Interstate Love Song

Bagman**

Huckleberry Crumble**

Sex Type Thing

Dead & Bloated

---

Roadhouse Blues (With Robbie Kriegger)

Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart***

* - First time played since reunion

** - New song

*** - Unconfirmed it was played, but listed on the setlist

Edited by Powerage5

I hope Huckleberry Crumble is a good song, it sounds like a delicious dessert that Mama Deleo fed her kids back in the day

It is a great fucking song!

Goddamn! This album is gonna be bitchin'. From what I've heard so far, it could easily top Tiny Music IMO (Though nothing they do could dethrone Purple!).

There were reports that they tuned down, but I can't hear it from listening to the older songs, Plush sounds exactly like it did in '08 and '09.

http://www.surf983.com/pages/1837894.php is playing Between The Lines every hour on the hour!

EDIT: A member on Below Empty ripped it this past hour and is distributing via PM's there, if you're a member. I can't post it here, but if you want it, should be easy enough to find on BE.

Edited by Powerage5

STP kicked off their new album tour last night at SXSW, and debuted 4 new songs! Setlist from last night's show:

Vasoline

Crackerman

Wicked Garden

Hollywood Bitch*

Between The Lines**

Hickory Dichotomy**

Big Empty

Sour Girl

Creep

Plush

Interstate Love Song

Bagman**

Huckleberry Crumble**

Sex Type Thing

Dead & Bloated

---

Roadhouse Blues (With Robbie Kriegger)

Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart***

* - First time played since reunion

** - New song

*** - Unconfirmed it was played, but listed on the setlist

Same set for last night, except Roadhouse Blues was replaced with Piece Of Pie.