Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, emybdc said:

That makes absolutely no sense. OF COURSE people have a right not to be offended. That's the whole point of respect, bud.

yeah cause clearly I'm the only woman in the world

I think  you are misunderstanding what I'm trying to express, it's more than likely my fault. Honestly I don't know what I was trying to express reading it back.. such is posting on your Mobile. 

Edited by cooker

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

What is the nickname for people who get outraged if somebody has a different opinion than they do? And instead of talking/debating the actual issue, they resort to insulting the people they disagree with?

We live in the age where debate or general discourse doesn't exist. Just who can yell the loudest. 

2 minutes ago, cooker said:

We live in the age where debate or general discourse doesn't exist. Just who can yell the loudest. 

No doubt. 

It would be nice if people could have a mature discussion about the actual issue instead of just insulting the person they disagree with. A couple people have done that here. A couple others haven't. 

• Like 1

I've commented probably 15 times since this morning... But shit has gone off the rails from a picture of Axl... Wearing a t-shirt with a woman's legs in a trash can... Radio silence since Slash said "..."

the worldwide fan base is enraged... Over a fuckin t-shirt...

They're using the internet to build a buzz for free and I think it's brilliant.

But what the fuck do I know? I'm hammered. 

18 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah it is. Get a life. Some Brazilian chick randomly posting here isn't going to be meeting up with you at a random show because you're trying to defend her. You lose

YOU get a life and NO, it's not fine. Get off my back. The topic is over, theater is closed.

and I don't know what the hell is all that "meeting up with a Brazilian girl in a show" scandal. I'm not meeting anyone and if I was its none of your business.

Get a life.

5 minutes ago, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

Is that a fact?

We have no facts here. Haven't for 6 pages :lol:

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

YOU get a life and NO, it's not fine. Get off my back. The topic is over, theater is closed.

and I don't know what the hell is all that "meeting up with a Brazilian girl in a show" scandal. I'm not meeting anyone and if I was its none of your business.

Get a life.

I just will never understanding saying something like that to someone that disagrees with another person. Lots of facts

Edited by Billsfan

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry you seem so very ignorant in subject matters such as culture and sociology. A tshirt is clothing, clothing is part of fashion. Fashion is an expression of culture. What is culture? Google it.

People and specially artists, use fashion to spread messages. It is just a tshirt? Hell, no. If tshirts and clothing in general are meaningless explain why artists and many regular people wear certain type of clothes. Why do rappers dress like they do? Why do rockers, punks, hipsters, darks, gothics, nerds, etc identify with their own special outfit?

Sexism and gender inequality are perpetuated by the symbolism spreaded by the KultureIndustrie. Read Theodor Adorno and Max Horkheimer Dialectic of Enlightenment, for more reference.

But this is an ironic t shirt? Possibly by a famous artist? 

Maybe not, it's provocative but only means what you think it means? 

Or you think this is a direct agenda of hate women? 

At first glance it seems more like an ironic hipster t shirt. 

• Like 1

Just now, cooker said:

What has he been labeled?

Sorry my dude you might be catching up. I literally came into this thread and I'm legit reading a debate that axl rose shouldn't be wearing some shirt because it's allegedly degrading to women because he was once cleared of charges he was falsely accused of. Now of course the woman who accused him is liking his Instagram photos and following him via social media. I guess some people need a life and need to argue :lol:

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Sorry my dude you might be catching up. I literally came into this thread and I'm legit reading a debate that axl rose shouldn't be wearing some shirt because it's allegedly degrading to women because he was once cleared of charges he was falsely accused of. Now of course the woman who accused him is liking his Instagram photos and following him via social media. I guess some people need a life and need to argue :lol:

I was unaware that Axl was cleared of those charges. 

6 minutes ago, cooker said:

Right, that's true. However, doesn't prove innocence either. Not trying to continue a pointless argument. 

Me neither but Michael Jackson was proven innocent after settling out of court the first time he was charged. The second time he was proven innocent. I get that domestic abuse is serious and omg is it as serious as ever these days, as it probably should be, but we don't really have all that much proof axl did it. The court never even got pics. So yeah, it is a pointless argument no one can win. Argument closed.

Edited by Billsfan