Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The autograph ban also made him look like a cock. This backfired spectacularly with Ringo.

To be fair i dont think Ringo gives a fuck...and it werent so much a ban as 'please, i cant take it anymore!', which is fair dues man, the level of attention hes had for the past half a century, must get on your wick after a while.  Could be less cunty about it i suppose, personally id just ignore em, the letters i mean.

Edited by Len B'stard

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Remember when he tried to sue that computer game company because their game, containing Guns N' Roses music, had Slash on it? He lost and had to pay millions. The guy loses every lawsuit he ever pursues!!

Well, what I see from that is Axl trying to say "Slash is mine!" :awesomeface:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wonder if he does these things on purpose. Every tour he does, my news feed is full of him, he becomes the most talked about rock star on all rock music related pages, good or bad. 

When he's off tour you hear nothing. 

EDIT: obviously not the meme thing though. 

He's just like a storm

13 hours ago, tajandreas said:

Wow, we get a 30 second behind the scenes video from the band and there's zero fanfare on here. I guess hype really has died down :lol:

Hype is pretty much dead for me until they announce a new fucking album, I don't even care for the tour and stuff anymore I fuckin want new music I'm fuckin tired of the same shit. :max:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, default_ said:

Hype is pretty much dead for me until they announce a new fucking album, I don't even care for the tour and stuff anymore I fuckin want new music I'm fuckin tired of the same shit. :max:

??????????????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Me too but I'll go to the shows anyway. I never had the chance to see Slash and Duff before so that's the hook for me. :shrugs:

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

With Axl it is an accumulative thing. His reputation precedes him. He has previous.

What i find a bit odd is, OK, hes gonna have fat Axl pictures removed right?  That supposes that hes lost weight or something, surely every pic of him these days is a fat Axl pic?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

What i find a bit odd is, OK, hes gonna have fat Axl pictures removed right?  That supposes that hes lost weight or something, surely every pic of him these days is a fat Axl pic?

In fairness he's lost a bit of poundage and got rid of the ridiculous moustache. He is prosecuting pictures of his former self, which will in turn proliferate the imagery. If he did this 2010-14 it might have made slightly more sense - it still would be completely vain and foolhardy prima donna wanker move but at least the image and reality would have coincided chronologically- but now it is absurdly anachronistic! These memes are as old as hat.

Best performances since 1993 for Acca Dacca and he looks like a rock n' roller again, then he produces an atypical piece of Axl behavioral wankiness! You can stick this in the same grouping as, banning Slash t-shirts and suing computer games.

It is always two steps forward three steps back with Rose.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, default_ said:

Nope. I disagree. Axl and Slash reunion and Duff and Slash being back in GNR is a HUGE thing. Absolutely huge after all those years. Yet, the hype is gone and it is gone because they fucked it up and did everything in their power to kill it.

Too many warm-up shows for a warm-up, too few for a tour, no GNR and reunion related interviews and the singer going around stating he's much more excited and interested in a side project than in that huge event - well, then, if he's not that interested, why should anyone else be?

If there was no Axl/DC, if they gave proper interviews before the tour, if they said in those interviews that they're totally hyped and excited with what is coming, if they released some more pro shot good quality footage, if they stated that they want and will make music togehter again or that they're working on it and loving it - the whole thing would look completely different for sure!

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

In fairness he's lost a bit of poundage and got rid of the ridiculous moustache. He is prosecuting pictures of his former self, which will in turn proliferate the imagery. If he did this 2010-14 it might have made slightly more sense - it still would be completely vain and foolhardy prima donna wanker move but at least the image and reality would have coincided chronologically- but now it is absurdly anachronistic! These memes are as old as hat.

Best performances since 1993 for Acca Dacca and he looks like a rock n' roller again, then he produces an atypical piece of Axl behavioral wankiness! You can stick this in the same grouping as, banning Slash t-shirts and suing computer games.

It is always two steps forward three steps back with Rose.

If Axl lost weight at this point, particularly in time for these gigs, he'd look like a witches tit.

3 hours ago, Asia said:

Nope. I disagree. Axl and Slash reunion and Duff and Slash being back in GNR is a HUGE thing. Absolutely huge after all those years. Yet, the hype is gone and it is gone because they fucked it up and did everything in their power to kill it.

Too many warm-up shows for a warm-up, too few for a tour, no GNR and reunion related interviews and the singer going around stating he's much more excited and interested in a side project than in that huge event - well, then, if he's not that interested, why should anyone else be?

If there was no Axl/DC, if they gave proper interviews before the tour, if they said in those interviews that they're totally hyped and excited with what is coming, if they released some more pro shot good quality footage, if they stated that they want and will make music togehter again or that they're working on it and loving it - the whole thing would look completely different for sure!

If you have a link or source for that bit there, please share. Thanks.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Asia said:

The reunion is a big event, putting the big three together is a big event yes, but it wont mean much if we dont get anything more from that. I mean, GNR has three albuns and a EP that are considered canon, one that is hugely criticized by the fanbase or considered an Axl solo album and a cover album.

Whats the point of the reunion if not getting the band active again and releasing the songs fans are idesperatly in need since, fuck, 1994? To live on a legacy? Thats ridiculous, I rather have no reunion at all if its just to live up a legacy.
We need songs, we need music! We need a tour too but give me something new to look forward to pay $1000 to go to a concert. I'm def not excited to listen to the same songs I've listened live five times, no matter who is playing 'em.

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, default_ said:

The reunion is a big event, putting the big three together is a big event yes, but it wont mean much if we dont get anything more from that. I mean, GNR has three albuns and a EP that are considered canon, one that is hugely criticized by the fanbase or considered an Axl solo album and a cover album.

Whats the point of the reunion if not getting the band active again and releasing the songs fans are idesperatly in need since, fuck, 1994? To live on a legacy? Thats ridiculous, I rather have no reunion at all if its just to live up a legacy.
We need songs, we need music! We need a tour too but give me something new to look forward to pay $1000 to go to a concert. I'm def not excited to listen to the same songs I've listened live five times, no matter who is playing 'em.

I agree.

When the reunion was announced I think it is fair to say you can say goodbye to new material for three years+. Rose surrounded himself with avant garde instrumentalists like Buckethead, who releases albums per hour, and what did he do? Ended up 'played the hits' for the next ten years! One album. Greatest hits tours in 2002, 2006 and then 2010-14. Considering the fact he has reunited with Hudson and McKagan - reuniting entailing nostalgia and greatest hits - I see no reason to expect new material. Slash can always relieve himself with The Conspirators - McKagan likewise, with Loaded.

The chap, Rose, just does not like making albums! Accept it. I find it odd, given his expertise, and a collosal waste, but that is what it is! He is not Neil Young.

At least we will not get any more lyrics like, ''sitting in a Chinese stew''.

Every cloud...silver lining?

1 hour ago, The Archer said:

He said something about that in the interview From a few days ago but I don't think it was entirely serious 

2 hours ago, The Archer said:

If your referring to the interview he did the other day and the quote about songs for movies he said was not is. Was as in past tense.

5 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

If your referring to the interview he did the other day and the quote about songs for movies he said was not is. Was as in past tense.

Yup that's what I noticed too. Was. Not is.

I had just listened half of the clip. I hope to get a better video with better audio. I can hardly make out some of the questions asked using my headphones on my Android. 

Anyway, I thought I heard him mentioning how much AC/DC appreciates its fans (did anybody catch that?). I sure hope he learns something there and applies that to GN'R fans.

Edited by cheesecake

5 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

He said something about that in the interview From a few days ago but I don't think it was entirely serious 

4 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

4 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Yup that's what I noticed too. Was. Not is.

I had just listened half of the clip. I hope to get a better video with better audio. I can hardly make out some of the questions asked using my headphones on my Android. 

Anyway, I thought I heard him mentioning how much AC/DC appreciates its fans (did anybody catch that?). I sure hope he learns something there and applies that to GN'R fans.

With reference to the original quote "the singer going around stating he's much more excited and interested in a side project than in that huge event " -

At no point in the China Exchange interview or in the previous interviews during this tour, does Axl say that he was more interested in touring with AC/DC (the 'side event') than in the Not in the Lifetime Tour ('that huge event'), or compare his interest in one to the other. Till we actually hear him say something like that, putting words into his mouth is disingenuous. The rest of the original post is POV, but that's fine. Even stating that Axl IS more interested in AC/DC than Guns N' Roses is okay, because if that's what it seems like to someone, that's what it seems like. But to state as fact that he said that he was more interested in one than the other, when he didn't, is not.

Edited by The Archer

3 minutes ago, The Archer said:

With reference to the original quote "the singer going around stating he's much more excited and interested in a side project than in that huge event " -

At no point in the China Exchange interview or in the previous interviews during this tour, does Axl say that he was more interested in touring with AC/DC (the 'side event') than in the Not in the Lifetime Tour ('that huge event'), or compare his interest in one to the other. Till we actually hear him say something like that, putting words into his mouth is disingenuous. The rest of the original post is POV, but that's fine. Even stating that Axl IS more interested in AC/DC than Guns N' Roses is okay, because if that's what it seems like to someone, that's what it seems like. But to state as fact that he said that he was more interested in one than the other, when he didn't, is not.

He had one comparison between the two. He said he was nervous jumping into ACDC's space in terms of their audience bc it was foreign ground for him and he understood the sensitivity there, but also a singer understands his crowd and how they are. He said he's much more comfortable singing in front of a GNR audience than ACDC's crowd. 

I don't remember if he said it or I thought it in terms of what he meant but he attacked the ACDC gigs a little differently than the GNR ones bc he was in unfamiliar territory with ACDC

@The Archer Errr I did not imply that he is more interested in AC/DC than GN'R :lol:. My post had nothing to do with the two above posts you quoted above mine.

To clarify, I was just asking (in case I heard wrongly) if anyone heard him saying how he noticed the way AC/DC treats its fans etc...coz you know over here at MYGNR the sentiment here...some feel that Axl does not appreciate his fans....hence no communications...no new music....no this and no that...