Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

He had one comparison between the two. He said he was nervous jumping into ACDC's space in terms of their audience bc it was foreign ground for him and he understood the sensitivity there, but also a singer understands his crowd and how they are. He said he's much more comfortable singing in front of a GNR audience than ACDC's crowd. 

I don't remember if he said it or I thought it in terms of what he meant but he attacked the ACDC gigs a little differently than the GNR ones bc he was in unfamiliar territory with ACDC

Sure, that's fine and understandable - he was in hostile, foreign territory and had to up his game. He may have himself been a fan, but the brute majority of those fans that came to see him at these shows thought that he was an interloper. It's different at a GN'R gig, where even at his worst performances he has a large section of the crowd, and even a majority, rooting for him. 

2 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

@The Archer Errr I did not imply that he is more interested in AC/DC than GN'R :lol:. My post had nothing to do with the two above posts you quoted above mine.

To clarify, I was just asking (in case I heard wrongly) if anyone heard him saying how he noticed the way AC/DC treats its fans etc...coz you know over here at MYGNR the sentiment here...some feel that Axl does not appreciate his fans....hence no communications...no new music....no this and no that...

:lol: I know, sorry. I just quoted you too because all of you referenced my quote, which quoted Asia's, which stated that Axl said that he was more interested in AC/DC than Gn'R as fact, not as opinion.

BTW, the second part of what you wrote is a really good point. I've always put a lot of the problems with Axl's engagement with his fans, down to his own behavioral issues. It seems that in many ways he does 'want' to do a good job with his fans, but he is incapable of doing so, because of other issues that he has with his own self and others, or circumstances that he's found himself in. Nevertheless, I DID hear him say what you mentioned and it's another good sign that he's seeing things from another band's perspective. If nothing else, that may help him pick up patterns and behaviors that are more 'fan friendly'. In fact, he may already have begun to do so. But behavioral change is often slow and comes out of enforcing and sticking to new habits. It's not impossible though. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Archer said:

With reference to the original quote "the singer going around stating he's much more excited and interested in a side project than in that huge event " -

At no point in the China Exchange interview or in the previous interviews during this tour, does Axl say that he was more interested in touring with AC/DC (the 'side event') than in the Not in the Lifetime Tour ('that huge event'), or compare his interest in one to the other. Till we actually hear him say something like that, putting words into his mouth is disingenuous. The rest of the original post is POV, but that's fine. Even stating that Axl IS more interested in AC/DC than Guns N' Roses is okay, because if that's what it seems like to someone, that's what it seems like. But to state as fact that he said that he was more interested in one than the other, when he didn't, is not.

I think something is getting mixed up here. I'm referring to his comment about how he was more interested in doing music for movies then GnR. Which is something he did say. Which is why I said he said was as in past tense not is.

Finally got to hear a better audio. I think it was a great interview with lots of good tidbits. 

I got a better understanding too on comments he made.

• Like 1

I didn't say he specifically said this but when he makes a thousand of comments about how exciting it is to tour with AC/DC, how he wants to make music with them and how great he feels on stage with Angus or how he'd kill any other singer who'd take this gig from him but at the same time there was not one sentence spoken by him or Slash or Duff about being excited with the new GNR line-up or tour or whatever with a couple of weeks left to go, then the impression it makes is obvious, isn't it? The impression is - they don't care so why should we? And I mean impression, nevermind what the truth is, it's the impression or what is perceived that makes or kills the hype.

Or in other words: Slash and Duff aren't promoting this at all and neither is Axl who is promoting AC/DC instead so what is to generate the hype? This pathethic one minute footage with studio sound or the pictures of cables?

Edited by Asia
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Asia said:

I didn't say he specifically said this but when he makes a thousand of comments about how exciting it is to tour with AC/DC, how he wants to make music with them and how great he feels on stage with Angus or how he'd kill any other singer who'd take this gig from him but at the same time there was not one sentence spoken by him or Slash or Duff about being excited with the new GNR line-up or tour or whatever with a couple of weeks left to go, then the impression it makes is obvious, isn't it? The impression is - they don't care so why should we? And I mean impression, nevermind what the truth is, it's the impression or what is perceived that makes or kills the hype.

Or in other words: Slash and Duff aren't promoting this at all and neither is Axl who is promoting AC/DC instead so what is to generate the hype? This pathethic one minute footage with studio sound or the pictures of cables?

This is an interesting point and a good point.

BUT...I'm not sure you can directly blame Axl, or Slash, or Duff.

Im not saying you shouldn't blame them either.  But I'm very interested in what Ticketmasters promotional strategy is on this.  They run the fan club now, they run the website.  They are producing and promoting the tour.  Have they told these guys you don't do promo or interviews?  Or are they just not doing them bc they don't want to or don't care?

Just now, tsinindy said:

Im not saying you shouldn't blame them either.  But I'm very interested in what Ticketmasters promotional strategy is on this.  They run the fan club now, they run the website.  They are producing and promoting the tour.  Have they told these guys you don't do promo or interviews?  Or are they just not doing them bc they don't want to or don't care?

I don't know who's idea this is, it could be theirs, or the stupid management's. Or even Ticketmaster though it seems they have no reason to be against interviews.

Regardless, though, it is their band and they hire the promoters and the managemnt. So they should hire good people to work with them, they've been in the business for quite a time now ;)

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

For the interviews I doubt that they don't want to do interviews, Axl has shown that he likes answering questions, he seems engaging and relaxed and answers most of the questions well. I think it might be TB or ticketmaster for what ever strange reason they feel the 3 guys who matter the most shouldn't sit together and answer some questions that most fans want to know.

4 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

How can it be ticketmaster? They're new to the band, yet GNR since Axl got control has been aloof. This is how he wants things done.

That might be true but when he does do interviews he talks freely and answers all questions, maybe he wants a situation where it should be on his terms. But to me it seems some external party has got them on a leash and it seems to be TB or Ticketmaster. It might be that if things get out or said in public, it may jeopardise the reunion and bottom lines and profit margins get effected. Its not a bad or selfish concern but just one where the fans loose out.

47 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

How can it be ticketmaster? They're new to the band, yet GNR since Axl got control has been aloof. This is how he wants things done.

there is no way in hell Axl is calling the shots and telling Duff and Slash that they can't do interviews.