Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

So Slash is making movies and Axl wants to make a movie soundtrack. How have these guys not put two and two together? Obviously I'd want a proper Guns album first but it's a cool idea for a possible project.

I think Reckless Road should be the movie with a soundtrack album/new GNR album attached. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

there is no way in hell Axl is calling the shots and telling Duff and Slash that they can't do interviews.  

We are told time and time again that no one tells Axl Rose what to do, that GNR is his band etc.. Now that the aloofness is proving to be unpopular, suddenly there is some external force telling him what to do. Convenient imo.

I think Slash and Duff, who are more reasonable and can see the bigger picture, are doing whatever they can to make this happen. If that means embracing CD songs or not talking to the media, then so be it. They are trying to work with Axl.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

One of the comments on FB said "Any chance you could send out the Nighttrain t-shirts that we paid for months ago before making any more jackets for celebrities?"

Alternatively, I'll take a jacket instead of the lame ass t shirts!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

We are told time and time again that no one tells Axl Rose what to do, that GNR is his band etc.. Now that the aloofness is proving to be unpopular, suddenly there is some external force telling him what to do. Convenient imo.

I think Slash and Duff, who are more reasonable and can see the bigger picture, are doing whatever they can to make this happen. If that means embracing CD songs or not talking to the media, then so be it. They are trying to work with Axl.

I'm pretty sure Axl will do whatever he's being told for the amount of money he's going to make on thus tour.  Moreover, no there is no way Duff and Slash are gonna come back and just do whatever Axl tells the was my point.

they may all agree on the lack of interviews or it's something that Ticketmaster is dictating, but it's not Duff and Slash doing what Axl tells them 

48 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Puke and double puke!! 

Funny cos when I saw Axl in 2012 he saw people leaving at 1am and he threw a strop and said , "that's right, go home and listen to fucking lady gaga."

Well actually he has a point bc that is probably what half those that were leaving were going to do.

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

So Slash is making movies and Axl wants to make a movie soundtrack. How have these guys not put two and two together? Obviously I'd want a proper Guns album first but it's a cool idea for a possible project.

This is Slash and Axl Rose we're talking about, logical thinking is as far-fetched as the tooth fairy when it comes to them working together. But yes, if a GNR album doesn't happen, the next best thing is a movie soundtrack.

1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

A secret show at The Roxy or Whisky a Go-Go with Izzy & Steven? Yes please.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

13392179_10154270332238069_4776876122283

Lady Gaga as a opening act? :lol:

Lol, Katy Perry (who Slash apparently likes), Lady Gaga, previously Lana Del Rey (who at least has some decent music), what's next - Miley Cyrus? Not out of the question, she's covered Zepp, Beatles, etc and Duff likes her. :facepalm: Or Justin Bieber, he and Axl can bond over their refusal to sign autographs. Christ, this band. :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

One of the comments on FB said "Any chance you could send out the Nighttrain t-shirts that we paid for months ago before making any more jackets for celebrities?"

That was a sarcastic comment ;)

The jackets are great! All these celebrities get to see a real concert now, I think Nirvana was more against the fame thing than GNR ever was...gnr is the band with some of the first multi million dollar music videos, the guys wore expensive jewelry and clothing, the only thing they've ever been against was the media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rosesandguns said:

20 years of waiting and 6 months ago Axl & Slash announces a reunion, no-one ever thought would happen.

While doing a huge & unique mysterious marketing campaign never done before -> People are furious about them not doing interviews & telling people what's happening like some MTV Pop Star

Axl does an interview and says he's done some new material -> People still are mad because there's no new material YET just after 6 months of the announcement

Axl joins his favourite band to sing, while there's no plans for GNR during this time, and pulls it off like a magician, while every over Guns member have projects of their own, always had -> Axl's now betraying Guns'n'roses

Guns'n'roses almost sells out most of the stadium gigs they have, and keeps silence for a couple of months -> They've not generated ENOUGH hype

How much faster you guys want things to happen? All of this that has already happened beats all the odds of what man could ever imagine. I sincerely hope that Guns keep doing things as secret and as mysterious as they've done so far, it's fucking awesome and reminds me of the old Guns - always unpredictable and mysterious. 

What comes to the marketing, interviews, public appearance etc. - you have to be really god damn blind not see that they know EXACTLY what they are doing. No band generates this much rumors and questions, without it's being a part of a business plan and it's all been planned this way months and months ago. If Axl gives interviews & take promotional pictures with AC/DC, that's completely another plan, and doesn't make Axl a douche towards Guns fans in any kind of way. Guns plan obviously is to stay silent, and generate questions and rumours, like a rock'n'roll band of their kind should. In my opinion Axl has done an amazing 'come back' to public - being all mysterious with Guns (even though answering questions about them, which already is surprising), being all mr. Nice Guy with AC/DC as he is expected to, and most of all - totally killing it in the shows with both Guns and AC/DC, and according to youtube, he just keep getting better and more consistent all the time. And if they post a dull picture of wires on Facebook, it's only because they WANT us to go "oh what the fuck, wires, what does this means oh fuck this is so stupid". It's Guns, not Nickelback. 

I hope they take time to write stuff PROPERLY, 'cause the fact is that their getting old, and they've probably done their best writing already in the past, so they really gotta nail it this time if they are going to release anything at all. It takes tremendous fucking balls to write anything even remotely as good as they've already done. Any idea how hard it was to write Chinese Democracy? You actually might have if you've followed the process via media. Any idea how hard it might be to write a follow-up to that, that could actually fulfill fans expectations? In this point it does not even really help the pressure to have Slash & Duff on board, 'cause the our expectations skyrocketed after their come back. No-ones gonna settle to a mediocre Guns-track at this point.

Guns/Axl have already listened to the fans in terms of bringing Slash & Duff back, playing shows, playing Coma, doing a huge tour instead of a few shows, not being late, not cancelling anything important, writing new material (as Axl said in China Exchange), promising an interview with Trunk (which is already a rare thing, if it happens), and most of all - Axl's gotten his voice in the best shape he probably can at his age, and clearly not just grabbing our money but putting some huge effort on this. They've already generated much more hype and they've done much more stuff for the fans that no-one could ever imagine 10 years back. Everything that happens on top of all this is a huge plus.

Izzy said he's not involved atm, and didn't wanna share the reasons why. That's it. Sorum said he's not asked to join. That's it. Adler's rumored by many multiple sources to make an appearance. That's it. It's not really wise spending time to speculate these things, and if they are not up to sharing why or when or how, that's up to them and/or Axl. Guns already beat the odds by bringing Slash back, more than we could ever expect to happen. If you don't wanna listen to Guns without Izzy and/or Steven at this point, then don't, that should be nothing new to you, as they've not played in the band for decades. If you think it's annoying for them to bring a couple of members back without bringing them all in, I got a tip for you: stop whining. Whining didn't bring Slash & Duff back, and it sure-as-hell won't bring the other two back. Again: there are reasons beyond our control. You can cross your fingers, buy tickets and enjoy the ride, or go back to what you've been used to: don't listen to Guns without the Appetite-five. Both options should be equally familiar with all of the Guns fans for the past two decades, so you will no doubt adapt easily. 

And one more thing - talks about Axl 'wasting his time' with AC/DC while he could be writing and/or rehearsing Guns songs - what makes you think it would make a drastic difference to Guns if he would've spent these couple of months doing Guns? He has had years and years of writing that material - what could change in a couple of months about that? He has had years and years of singing & playing Guns stuff, what would make a huge difference in these couple of months? The reality is that he is ACTUALLY doing something we can proof and enjoy - singing. In public. With a rock'n'roll band. There's nothing cooler & better he could've done spending his time right now. And what comes to the allegation of him 'losing his voice' with AC/DC - come on. Just come the fuck on. It was already a ridiculous allegation because of the fact (we all know) that he has always gone better and better when the tour goes on. This time he destroyed it in Vegas, he killed in Lisbon and most of all, he was superb in Manchester yesterday. Look at the facts, he's in the best shape of his late-career and he's working with the best vocal coach money could buy. I think they would know if this would be too much for his voice. They are professionals, and by looking every single fact we have at this point, they are doing a hell-of-a job keeping Axl's voice fit at the moment. If you think that Axl's comments about having a good time with AC/DC kills the hype for you for GNR and that he doesn't care about GNR anymore, that's a pretty twisted perspective 2 months after announcing a stadium tour, when there's been a 20 years wait (and no hope) for anything remotely as exciting as this. And about Slash & Duff promoting this meanwhile… Would it really make difference after putting up huge billboards all over US and doing this well-planned super mysterious Old-Guns-like marketing campaign that Slash would update Facebook every now and then saying "yeaahh guns tour coming get ready fuckers buy tickets yeah"? 

THE POINT - I know I'm new here, but I am already bored how fe. this thread is turning out. I wanna see some social media updates while clicking this topic, so please can we post some social media updates and stop whining about things beyond our control. 

PS. So what if Axl doesn't like a fat pic of him and/or meme it generated? He has done way more obscene things in the past, so I think this is way less dramatic of what to expect from him. 

Great post!

I'm pretty pessimistic person myself, but coming here and seeing so many negativity, I feel like the biggest optimist. Don't you people have your own personal problems to think about or you just have to bring the negativity here so you can get away from them? Or course the things aren't ideal with this band, they never were and they will never be, but we should try to enjoy these beautifull times that are ahead of us, that some of you waited over for 20 f***ing years.....

I'd like to see Izzy involved in reunion, I'd like for Axl to lose some more weight, I'd like some new music etc. But who am I to demand and arrange something that is out of my hands?

It's not like they'll come here, read thousands of our suggestions, wishes and advices of how things should be done and apply them. No. They'll do it their own way, and the way they think is right. We haven't been in their shoes and don't know what it's actually like behind the scenes. So, the only thing we can do is sit back and look how things are gonna go down. And hope for the best. 

Constantly compaing gets you nowhere, it just takes away all the pleasure of being a fan.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

The "Not a bad looking club we've got over here..." refers to the jackets/the people who'll wear these jackets. On Instagram they posted the jackets with that comment underneath. On Twitter they forgot to add the picture of the jackets, unintentionally (or intentionally? but probably not considering how awful this band's management is...) causing rumors to start :facepalm:

@nonok

Anyway, these jackets are cringeworthy. I get that it is probably a marketing thing to make the "kids" more interested, but still... Kardashians? Katy Perry? Urgh. Waiting for Justin Bieber's personalized tour jacket now.

And before anyone starts with the "But they might actually like GnR and be fans!"... No, they don't. People like that Kardashian girl just like wearing GnR jackets and slayer Shirts, but don't actually like the yucky loud music. :rofl-lol::facepalm:

tumblr_inline_o8fd1e3DPM1qlah1w_540.jpg

EDIT: I also just read on Instagram that Fernando spent some nice time at the police station due to assault charges :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::facepalm:

what a......... :anger:

I HATE THIS SHIT. I thought it had ended with the Coachella circus act of fakes and phonies but I see it will continue well into the tour. :facepalm:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

The "Not a bad looking club we've got over here..." refers to the jackets/the people who'll wear these jackets. On Instagram they posted the jackets with that comment underneath. On Twitter they forgot to add the picture of the jackets, unintentionally (or intentionally? but probably not considering how awful this band's management is...) causing rumors to start :facepalm:

@nonok

Anyway, these jackets are cringeworthy. I get that it is probably a marketing thing to make the "kids" more interested, but still... Kardashians? Katy Perry? Urgh. Waiting for Justin Bieber's personalized tour jacket now.

And before anyone starts with the "But they might actually like GnR and be fans!"... No, they don't. People like that Kardashian girl just like wearing GnR jackets and Slayer shirts, but don't actually like the yucky loud music. :rofl-lol::facepalm:

EDIT: I also just read on Instagram that Fernando spent some nice time at the police station due to assault charges :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::facepalm:

This is nothing new they gave a bunch of these jackets during Coachella. I don't get why Axl/Guns feels the need to do things like this? If the plan is to get kids in to GN'R, release a new damn album. and lets not kid our selves no one wants to see these fake as people like the Kardashians, Lady Gaga, taylor swift etc wear band jackets that they don't give two shits about.

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

@nonok

And before anyone starts with the "But they might actually like GnR and be fans!"... No, they don't. People like that Kardashian girl just like wearing GnR jackets and Slayer shirts, but don't actually like the yucky loud music. :rofl-lol::facepalm:

Amen.

+100

5 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Is that Melissa in the crowd?

Everyone, except Axl were in this event. Everyone! Duff, Melissa, Fortus, Ferrer, Dizzy... Duff it's not in the picture but he came soon after(the picture). Axl is missing all the bro fun.

13350409_10153724826845488_1457530267540

• Like 3