Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Doesn't anyone on this forum have anything better to do with their lives than pick apart and criticize every single thing DJ does and says??? If you don't care about or like DJ why pay so much attention to him? Why read his tweets and Facebook posts? Why look at his pictures? Why take the time to "investigate" his pictures by zooming in on his picture to look at the reflection in his glasses? You all like to talk about how pathetic and embarrassing he is and how he pretends to be a rockstar...NEWS FLASH...he is a rockstar! Last I checked he is the lead guitarist for GNR and Sixx AM. The only thing that's pathetic and embarrassing in all of this is all of the people on here who are obsessed with someone they don't even like and spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to bash him as much as possible. Like it or not, besides Axl, DJ is by far the most popular and well known member of GNR to casual fans and the general public.

I think people are more likely to say "is it buckethead or something like that" next up people know Bumblefoot, weird names are memorable. I've seen more news reports mention Bumble as the lead guitarist than Dj. I don't think Dj is the most well known, I do think he has more obsessive fans and a social network following but the GA don't really know him, at least they kinda know Bumblefoots name and that he plays a foot guitar.

Doesn't anyone on this forum have anything better to do with their lives than pick apart and criticize every single thing DJ does and says??? If you don't care about or like DJ why pay so much attention to him? Why read his tweets and Facebook posts? Why look at his pictures? Why take the time to "investigate" his pictures by zooming in on his picture to look at the reflection in his glasses? You all like to talk about how pathetic and embarrassing he is and how he pretends to be a rockstar...NEWS FLASH...he is a rockstar! Last I checked he is the lead guitarist for GNR and Sixx AM. The only thing that's pathetic and embarrassing in all of this is all of the people on here who are obsessed with someone they don't even like and spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to bash him as much as possible. Like it or not, besides Axl, DJ is by far the most popular and well known member of GNR to casual fans and the general public.

I think people are more likely to say "is it buckethead or something like that" next up people know Bumblefoot, weird names are memorable. I've seen more news reports mention Bumble as the lead guitarist than Dj. I don't think Dj is the most well known, I do think he has more obsessive fans and a social network following but the GA don't really know him, at least they kinda know Bumblefoots name and that he plays a foot guitar.
DJ gets a lot of his notoriety from his involvement with Motley Crue and Sixx AM. Motley have a lot of fans and they definitely know about DJ because he was basically an unofficial member for quite a few years. Then you have Sixx AM which is quite popular. It might annoy a lot of people but he is VERY active on social media and has a large following and also does interviews and appearances on Fox News and other various media programs. He's very good at promoting himself as well as GNR. I understand how he can rub some people the wrong way with some of the things he posts, but I like that GNR finally have someone who does as much media as possible and who posts on social media all the time...at least he's excited and proud to be in the band.
  • Like 2

DJ, is that you?

So...I just saw Ashba's tweet:

A S H B A @DjASHBA

Dear LA traffic, F'N SUCK IT! #Tryingtogettorehearsal #gnr #selfietogo http://instagram.com/p/lQRsKnn6RH/

I looked at the photo on Instagram that was attached. He is wearing aviators in this selfie and there is CLEARLY no traffic in the reflection of said aviators.

So........? WTF, dude? Don't try so hard to be cool.

I noticed that too :lol:

Guest Len B'stard
Doesn't anyone on this forum have anything better to do with their lives than pick apart and criticize every single thing DJ does and says?

Yes but that doesn't mean you shouldn't find the time!

If you don't care about or like DJ why pay so much attention to him?

To take the piss out of him.

Why read his tweets and Facebook posts?

Why take the time to "investigate" his pictures by zooming in on his picture to look at the reflection in his glasses?

You all like to talk about how pathetic and embarrassing he is and how he pretends to be a rockstar...NEWS FLASH...he is a rockstar!

Uh, not really. See, to be a star people have to've heard of you. He'd have to be a helluva lot more popular than he is.

The only thing that's pathetic and embarrassing in all of this is all of the people on here who are obsessed with someone they don't even like and spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to bash him as much as possible.

It really doesn't require effort, you can do it at your leisure. Go on, have a go, it's fun :lol:

Like it or not, besides Axl, DJ is by far the most popular and well known member of GNR to casual fans and the general public.

Thats not really saying much though is it? I mean, after Axl, in terms of popularity in the current line up, there's actually a massive drop off, isn't there? This is 2014, even Axl ain't that well known anymore, let alone his merry men.

• Like 1

Doesn't anyone on this forum have anything better to do with their lives than pick apart and criticize every single thing DJ does and says?

Yes but that doesn't mean you shouldn't find the time!

If you don't care about or like DJ why pay so much attention to him?

Why read his tweets and Facebook posts?

Why take the time to "investigate" his pictures by zooming in on his picture to look at the reflection in his glasses?

You all like to talk about how pathetic and embarrassing he is and how he pretends to be a rockstar...NEWS FLASH...he is a rockstar!

Uh, not really. See, to be a star people have to've heard of you. He'd have to be a helluva lot more popular than he is.

The only thing that's pathetic and embarrassing in all of this is all of the people on here who are obsessed with someone they don't even like and spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to bash him as much as possible.

It really doesn't require effort, you can do it at your leisure. Go on, have a go, it's fun :lol:

Like it or not, besides Axl, DJ is by far the most popular and well known member of GNR to casual fans and the general public.

Thats not really saying much though is it? I mean, after Axl, in terms of popularity in the current line up, there's actually a massive drop off, isn't there? This is 2014, even Axl ain't that well known anymore, let alone his merry men.

Bump. Set. Spike.

LOL. SO true. :lol:

This is so cute.

Yeah, DJ has millions of social media followers. Where's the jerking-off emoticon?

Do you not realize that there are companies who specialize in creating fake social media profiles in order to boost follower numbers on Facebook and Twitter?

90% of DJ's "followers" are very likely fake profiles that he paid a company to create for him.

This is so cute.

Yeah, DJ has millions of social media followers. Where's the jerking-off emoticon?

Do you not realize that there are companies who specialize in creating fake social media profiles in order to boost follower numbers on Facebook and Twitter?

90% of DJ's "followers" are very likely fake profiles that he paid a company to create for him.

lolwut

It amazes the vile shit people come up with because they can't stand that DJ had fans.

This is so cute.

lolwut

It amazes the vile shit people come up with because they can't stand that DJ had fans.

bfgjkh.jpg

• Like 2

This is so cute.

lolwut

bfgjkh.jpg

Not sure what that is or how it's calculated but it shows that DJ still has well over 300k followers as of 11 months ago.

How does that report compare to other rock stars?

Edited by Coma16

Guest Len B'stard

I also resent this idea that DJ Ashba is the most well known after Axl, you realise that Tommy Stinson was a member of a band that had books written about them, they were underground and they sold an underground amount of records but they were icons of a time and era too, they were like of the big three alternative bands of the 80s, along with Husker Du and R.E.M…and then through the GnR association, a fuckload of people know of Tommy too y'know. My sisters a librarian in her mid 30s and she's heard of The Replacements…she ain't heard of SixxAm though…come to that, I wouldn't've heard of em if I didn't come to this site.

There's an entire history and an entire chunk of at least American people of a certain generation and inclination that know damn well who Tommy Stinson is and who The Replacements are.

• Like 1

Not sure what that is or how it's calculated but it shows that DJ still has well over 300k followers as of 11 months ago.

Capture-4.png

Interesting. Slash has over 1 million (over 50%) fake followers.

Capture-4.png

Interesting. Slash has over 1 million (over 50%) fake followers.
What's more interseting is that this proves Twitter (and probably all social media) is completely irrelevant. Why doesn't Slash's obvious lead in real Twitter followers translate to higher record sales and concert attendance? My guess would be that the tweens that make up the majority of Twitter users follow trends as much as things they actually have an interest in.
  • Like 2

Capture-4.png

Slash's fake followers are better than DJ's fake followers. They are infinitely cooler and are much more pure "rock n roll."