Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Inducting someone else or performing a song is not the same thing as getting inducted yourself with someone you're still bitter towards.

I think it could have had a negative influence on the new incarnation of Guns as well. Would have loved to see Axl up there with Steven, Duff, Izzy, and Slash for just one more time though.

I understand why Axl didn't do it and why other musicians didn't. Not sure it was the exact same reason, but it could have gone Blondie or worse.

But what about the hypocrisy of promoting the Rock Hall now on their FB page, after all of that?

It makes it funny. But yeah that's kinda fucked up I must admit. We have that?

But what about the hypocrisy. Sounded like you should have said that in court all dramatic and shit. Fight for justice!

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

:lol: You guys are still butthurt about the hof.

I'm one of the only people who doesn't have a problem with Axl with regard to the HoF situation, but I think the complaints about fb posts like this are warrented.

Shame on you, Axl Rose

And here we have the other side of the coin. I think a public shaming of Axl is a bit much as the dude probably (read: hopefully) doesn't even know what goes on with their fb page. I just think this is yet another ignorant, random post by whoever runs their page.

to be fair man, ginger fought tooth and nail to keep the name Guns n' Roses, so anything that gets posted by something from an official "Guns N' Roses" page, I'm going to see it as posted by Axl Rose. That's what he wants right? After all, "I am Guns N' Roses" is what Axl said. So here we are 2 years later and Axl is now promoting the very institution that he refused induction into because of Slash

• Like 2

I thought the hof was a joke long before Guns was nominated, still thought it was a joke when they were inducted and think it's a joke to this very day. Never really been a fan of awards chosen by idiots in suits with no regard to actual public opinion. I guess that's why it never bothered me. I agree that it would have been nice to see them together, but I would much rather have a reunion occur under more meaningful circumstances.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

but I would much rather have a reunion occur under more meaningful circumstances.

It becomes meaningless anyway cause Axl is almost too old for that shit. But yeah. Maybe when he's 65 years old and Slash is totally bald too, they could put Adler back together and have a swing at it. Will be fun to just go to a reunion show and cry at them, at how sad and shitty it is but I'm there cause I'm very nostalgic. Maybe Bucket will do his dance moves in the background and it will be like a big party where Matt Sorum is tied to a chair so he won't get shitty ideas like joining in. The not in this lifetime reunion tour.

• Like 2

but I would much rather have a reunion occur under more meaningful circumstances.

It becomes meaningless anyway cause Axl is almost too old for that shit. But yeah. Maybe when he's 65 years old and Slash is totally bald too, they could put Adler back together and have a swing at it. Will be fun to just go to a reunion show and cry at them, at how sad and shitty it is but I'm there cause I'm very nostalgic. Maybe Bucket will do his dance moves in the background and it will be like a big party where Matt Sorum is tied to a chair so he won't get shitty ideas like joining in. The not in this lifetime reunion tour.

You're acting like it would have been decent at the hof. It wouldn't have been.

It's just a picture of Axl and Bono hanging out in the early 90's for their throwback thursday pic, I don't think it was meant to imply anything :lol:

I think JB is on solid ground here with what the picture implies. If I took a stand (wrong or not) against something, I wouldn't want pics of me involved in it posted from then on. It just sends the wrong message if you ask me.

:lol: You guys are still butthurt about the hof.

I'm one of the only people who doesn't have a problem with Axl with regard to the HoF situation, but I think the complaints about fb posts like this are warrented.

Shame on you, Axl Rose

And here we have the other side of the coin. I think a public shaming of Axl is a bit much as the dude probably (read: hopefully) doesn't even know what goes on with their fb page. I just think this is yet another ignorant, random post by whoever runs their page.

Then why on earth they have an official FB page if Axl doesn´t give a flying fuck about it? I´m with WFA here. Shame on Axl not for that pic but because all we see in their FB is irrelevant and idiotic bullshit. Tha same can be said about Axl´s and GN´R twitter

• Like 2

Technically you can't know that. I can see how it could have been shitty, but not as shitty as what I've described. Axl is the only one who could have really fucked it up, and sometimes he can still give a decent performance. It could have had value is my point. At least compared to anything after Gn'R's hof induction.

Edited by Rovim

Technically you don't know that. I can see how it could be shitty, but not as shitty as what I've described. Axl is the only one who can really fuck it up, and sometimes he can still give a decent performance. It could have had value is my point. At least compared to anything after Gn'R's hof induction.

He sounded 10 times better at the Vegas tour in 2014 than he did in any show anywhere near that time period and judging by Slash's recent performances of the songs and the videos posted where Slash is the only thing heard clearly, Axl is definitely not the only one that can fuck it up. An Axl going through the motions playing with a Slash going through the motions would be absolutely pathetic. Time and effort have to meet for both of them and the hof was nowhere near any point where that would occur.

2014 is equally bad or worse than 2012. There's even a mythic 2012 show where Axl sang with rasp throughout the entire show, isn't there? I've never heard Axl struggling so much to sing as in the 2014 shows, with few exceptions.

Find this mythic show because I haven't seen it. There were shows with good performances like Philly, in fact most shows had a good performance or 2, but the Vegas residency in 2014 was the best he's done since 2010. Not saying it's on the level of 2010, but definitely the best he's done. Waited 3 years to go out giving it whatever he had left.

2014 is equally bad or worse than 2012. There's even a mythic 2012 show where Axl sang with rasp throughout the entire show, isn't there? I've never heard Axl struggling so much to sing as in the 2014 shows, with few exceptions.

Find this mythic show because I haven't seen it. There were shows with good performances like Philly, in fact most shows had a good performance or 2, but the Vegas residency in 2014 was the best he's done since 2010. Not saying it's on the level of 2010, but definitely the best he's done. Waited 3 years to go out giving it whatever he had left.

Maybe we don't exactly know what he has left. Did we know in 2001? 2002? He has the potential to not be fat and out of breath but he doesn't give enough fucks so he sounds weak, but that doesn't mean it reflects what he has left as a singer.

either philly or detroit 2012 i think

either philly or detroit 2012 i think

Is that considered mythic? cause it isn't.

Maybe we don't exactly know what he has left. Did we know in 2001? 2002? He has the potential to not be fat and out of breath but he doesn't give enough fucks so he sounds weak, but that doesn't mean it reflects what he has left as a singer.

True. I halfass expect him to surprise me every time he takes a break. Then he wobbles his fat ass onstage....

True. I halfass expect him to surprise me every time he takes a break. Then he wobbles his fat ass onstage....

The Wobble can replace his snake dance. It looks weird anyway with all the fat flapping around on stage while Fortus is showing off his abs and super charismatic nose.

• Like 1

The Wobble can replace his snake dance. It looks weird anyway with all the fat flapping around on stage while Fortus is showing off his abs and super charismatic nose.

That is why we truly need a reunion. The wobble, the titshelf, the drool and the Micky can combine to create the most epic show ever.
  • Like 1

Let's not kid ourselves, the wobble has replaced the snake dance.