Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Never really been a fan of awards chosen by idiots in suits with no regard to actual public opinion.

If it was left to public opinion then bands like Nickleback and New Direction and Justin Bieber would be in the hall of fame over most of the old time rock classics. Bon Jovi was the number one selling tour in 2013 - the people have spoken. They deserve the hall over GnR?

On a side note, people get too caught up in the "rock" part of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and think that it just means hard rock bands. That isn't their intent. That's why they put in pop bands, old RnB bands, rap bands, etc. Maybe it's time they changed the name to the Music Hall of Fame.

Also, there shouldn't be much anger directed towards these guys. They are just ONE group who raised enough money to start a Hall of Fame/awards show/place to go to look at memorabilia. They are different than sport's hall of fames.

It probably would have been a mess, but a hall of fame reunion jam would have been fun to watch. An organic meeting of all the guys. That's sort of what rock music is all about. It's not supposed to be Dream Theatre where every note and movement is "perfection." Rock n Roll is about attitude, a party - not every note or vocal word is supposed to be perfect.

Yes. What a stupid fucking question. If the people believe they belong in the hall more than anybody else, they belong in the hall more than anybody else. Including GN'R.
So you think it should be an open vote every year? And which ever acts get the most votes should go in?

You'd respect the hall of fame more if Justin Beiber and Nikki Minaj went in over bands like GnR and U2?

Yes. Beats having 5 losers in suits making decisions for you. I don't care who goes in as long as the people chose it. Unlike you though, I don't think the general population is stupid enough to see Beiber and Minaj as being rock acts, but whatever.
Sounds like you really dislike people who wear suits. Especially if there is five of them.

But I am happy to see you have such a positive outlook on the general population. You have more faith in them than I do.

Any number of them trying to make decisions on anybody's part will do, actually.

So you are opposed to a business using its own people to make decisions on actions the business takes.

Do you just feel this way concerning this business, or do you feel that way about all the businesses in the world?

I don't care what any business does, I just realize the irrelevancy of their actions. Why are you interested?

Never really been a fan of awards chosen by idiots in suits with no regard to actual public opinion.

If it was left to public opinion then bands like Nickleback and New Direction and Justin Bieber would be in the hall of fame over most of the old time rock classics. Bon Jovi was the number one selling tour in 2013 - the people have spoken. They deserve the hall over GnR?

On a side note, people get too caught up in the "rock" part of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and think that it just means hard rock bands. That isn't their intent. That's why they put in pop bands, old RnB bands, rap bands, etc. Maybe it's time they changed the name to the Music Hall of Fame.

Also, there shouldn't be much anger directed towards these guys. They are just ONE group who raised enough money to start a Hall of Fame/awards show/place to go to look at memorabilia. They are different than sport's hall of fames.

It probably would have been a mess, but a hall of fame reunion jam would have been fun to watch. An organic meeting of all the guys. That's sort of what rock music is all about. It's not supposed to be Dream Theatre where every note and movement is "perfection." Rock n Roll is about attitude, a party - not every note or vocal word is supposed to be perfect.

Yes. What a stupid fucking question. If the people believe they belong in the hall more than anybody else, they belong in the hall more than anybody else. Including GN'R.
So you think it should be an open vote every year? And which ever acts get the most votes should go in?

You'd respect the hall of fame more if Justin Beiber and Nikki Minaj went in over bands like GnR and U2?

Yes. Beats having 5 losers in suits making decisions for you. I don't care who goes in as long as the people chose it. Unlike you though, I don't think the general population is stupid enough to see Beiber and Minaj as being rock acts, but whatever.
Sounds like you really dislike people who wear suits. Especially if there is five of them.

But I am happy to see you have such a positive outlook on the general population. You have more faith in them than I do.

Any number of them trying to make decisions on anybody's part will do, actually.
So you are opposed to a business using its own people to make decisions on actions the business takes.

Do you just feel this way concerning this business, or do you feel that way about all the businesses in the world?

I don't care what any business does, I just realize the irrelevancy of their actions. Why are you interested?

Do you run your own business?

Why am I so interested? Because this is a FORUM where people share ideas. You are somebody who posts here a lot and who is also very outspoken. If I wasn't interested in other people's opinions and ideas then I wouldn't spend time on this forum. Some people come here to chat with other people, some come here just to cupcake and try and piss people off. I fall into the first category.

Do you run your own business?

Why am I so interested? Because this is a FORUM where people share ideas. You are somebody who posts here a lot and who is also very outspoken. If I wasn't interested in other people's opinions and ideas then I wouldn't spend time on this forum. Some people come here to chat with other people, some come here just to cupcake and try and piss people off. I fall into the first category.

Do you fall into the first category? Really? From what I've noticed, you're here to ostacize Axl fans and criticize anybody that doesn't share your love and worship of Slash. Other people's opinions seem to be the last thing on your mind. Even further from your mind than mine if we look at it realistically, and I'm the one who professes not to give a shit. Strange. If you want to ask for quotes just check your recent post history, they'll be easy enough for you to find.

To answer your question, I do not own my own business. Do you?

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I don't see him "supporting" the organisation now, though. It's a photo of Axl and Bono for a #TBT hashtag thing on their social media page. Bono's been in the news quite a bit recently, with his plane disaster, Band Aid 30, and the recent motorcycle accident. Del or Nik Souris or Fernando or whoever probably just Googled "axl bono" and shared that photo.

There's a #rocknroll hashtag, but not a #rrhof or #halloffame one. It's a photo of Axl and Bono, not Axl professing his love for the RRHOF.

Alright, I gotta be honest, I didn't see picture until you have pointed out that there's nothing connecting it with the HOF (I don't follow Gn'R on Facebook) and you're right. Why are people saying the opposite?

Still, did you agree with Axl's decision to decline induction and question the HOF organization? After inducting Elton John in the mid 90s? Wouldn't you consider that a bit of a bitter rant towards them because they didn't give him what he wanted/demanded? Again, forget about not attending, we agree on that, he had his reasons.

Still, did you agree with Axl's decision to decline induction and question the HOF organization? After inducting Elton John in the mid 90s? Wouldn't you consider that a bit of a bitter rant towards them because they didn't give him what he wanted/demanded? Again, forget about not attending, we agree on that, he had his reasons.

I agree with uncivil war that there's no way that Axl would disrespect his hero Elton John by turning down inducting him into any organisation. Axl inducting Elton in the '90s and Axl declining to be inducted in '12 is apples and oranges to me.

I agree with uncivil war that there's no way that Axl would disrespect his hero Elton John by turning down inducting him into any organisation. Axl inducting Elton in the '90s and Axl declining to be inducted in '12 is apples and oranges to me.

Granted, but where's his so-called integrity on that then?

I don't see how him helping out a friend is a slight against his integrity. It's not like he sees the RRHOF as evil, if he was inducted Elton into some nefarious organisation then yes, that would not be a sign of integrity, but at the end of the day it's an organisation formed by a bunch of self-appointed music "experts" who like to hand out awards to get money and publicity for their museum.

On the subject of awards shows, I think he was more content to accept the Revolver Golden Gods award as they let him perform with his band, and it was a personal achievement thing so there was no question of who should be inducted or play, it was all up to Axl.

"

It took a lot of focus and soul searching to be sincere and informative while making a genuine effort to be somewhat diplomatic. We made, what I feel, are real efforts to learn about the Hall and the Board, spoke as I said with the president and various members, and though I inducted Elton John and Bernie Taupin in '94 saying something to the effect of "I'm learning what the Hall's about..."

I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially "rock" enough to be in the Hall?

This isn't an attack. These are genuine issues I don't have enough verified information on to have more than rough ideas. Certainly not enough information to make any judgments about."

I think he makes his reasons clear.

"

It took a lot of focus and soul searching to be sincere and informative while making a genuine effort to be somewhat diplomatic. We made, what I feel, are real efforts to learn about the Hall and the Board, spoke as I said with the president and various members, and though I inducted Elton John and Bernie Taupin in '94 saying something to the effect of "I'm learning what the Hall's about..."

I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially "rock" enough to be in the Hall?

This isn't an attack. These are genuine issues I don't have enough verified information on to have more than rough ideas. Certainly not enough information to make any judgments about."

I think he makes his reasons clear.

God, I cannot read Axl's writings for more than a minute.

So, presumably, he has this 'information' and judged it correct to induct U2?

Man, people are getting really confused.

Axl was inducting Elton John, and U2 were performing that night as well.

Here's a clip of them backstage:

Here's the video of Axl inducting Elton:

"I've never really understood what the RRHOF was about, but tonight I'm getting an education, and I'm thankful for that. I've always considered the "rock n' roll hall of fame", kind of, in my record collection, on my radio, and now on MTV, but more importantly in our hearts and minds."

This photo, that is shared on the Facebook page:

Post0628-AxlRoseBonoVox1992.jpg

... is not even from the RRHOF. It's from some point during the UYI tour.

No mention of RRHOF on GNR's Facebook.

Just a lot of confusion is all.

• Like 4

I don't see how him helping out a friend is a slight against his integrity. It's not like he sees the RRHOF as evil, if he was inducted Elton into some nefarious organisation then yes, that would not be a sign of integrity, but at the end of the day it's an organisation formed by a bunch of self-appointed music "experts" who like to hand out awards to get money and publicity for their museum.

On the subject of awards shows, I think he was more content to accept the Revolver Golden Gods award as they let him perform with his band, and it was a personal achievement thing so there was no question of who should be inducted or play, it was all up to Axl.

Inducting his hero into what he now considers to be a shady entity, it's not what I would call "having integrity". You gotta stand by your own beliefs and if that doesn't include your hero, then too bad. That's integrity, someone that will not do something just to please others when he doesn't agree with them.

If we are going to think that the HOF is an entity "formed by a bunch of self-appointed music experts who like to hand out awards to get money and publicity for their museum", not that I don't agree with that statement, then we can pretty much think the same of every single award, including the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards and I'm pretty sure 98% of the people who are in this board, and in the entire would who happen to be a fan of Guns N' Roses or Axl Rose, would have gone apeshit if Axl were to be nominated for best original score.

Let's not forget that Axl tweeted when they announced that Guns was being inducted. He said "I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory." Now, what I'm trying to say is, he decided to shit on the HOF because their refusal to not let the newer line-up perform. It was his reaction to them for not allowing him what he wanted. It's clear in his letter.

If he truly believes what he said about the HOF he would have NOT inducted Elton John and he would have said the same things he said about them waaaaaaay before the Guns induction.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Inducting his hero into what he now considers to be a shady entity, it's not what I would call "having integrity". You gotta stand by your own beliefs and if that doesn't include your hero, then too bad. That's integrity, someone that will not do something just to please others when he doesn't agree with them.

If we are going to think that the HOF is an entity "formed by a bunch of self-appointed music experts who like to hand out awards to get money and publicity for their museum", not that I don't agree with that statement, then we can pretty much think the same of every single award, including the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards and I'm pretty sure 98% of the people who are in this board, and in the entire would who happen to be a fan of Guns N' Roses or Axl Rose, would have gone apeshit if Axl were to be nominated for best original score.

Let's not forget that Axl tweeted when they announced that Guns was being inducted. He said "I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory." Now, what I'm trying to say is, he decided to shit on the HOF because their refusal to not let the newer line-up perform. It was his reaction to them for not allowing him what he wanted. It's clear in his letter.

If he truly believes what he said about the HOF he would have NOT inducted Elton John and he would have said the same things he said about them waaaaaaay before the Guns induction.

I was gonna make a point about the Oscars basically being the same thing, but yeah it's pretty obvious. Doesn't mean that Axl necessarily thinks the RRHOF is a piece of shit.

When Elton was inducted, he wasn't asked to perform with people he didn't want to perform with. It was a solo induction, like the Golden Gods Award as a solo award for Axl. Elton's induction and the induction of a set era of Guns N' Roses are very different things. Not that I believe that the post-Slash GNR deserves recognition at the RRHOF (same reason I think it was bizarre to induct Trujillo for Metallica, no diss against post-Slash GNR members or Trujillo, but these awards are given 25 years later for a reason).

If they'd let him perform with the new line-up, would he have accepted? Maybe, I think the Slash issue would still have been prominent. At the end of the day he did not want to harm his current efforts for the sake of an organisation/event he did not deem worthy.

Oh boy...

Man, people are getting really confused.

Axl was inducting Elton John, and U2 were performing that night as well.

Here's a clip of them backstage:

Here's the video of Axl inducting Elton:

"I've never really understood what the RRHOF was about, but tonight I'm getting an education, and I'm thankful for that. I've always considered the "rock n' roll hall of fame", kind of, in my record collection, on my radio, and now on MTV, but more importantly in our hearts and minds."

This photo, that is shared on the Facebook page:

Post0628-AxlRoseBonoVox1992.jpg

... is not even from the RRHOF. It's from some point during the UYI tour.

No mention of RRHOF on GNR's Facebook.

Just a lot of confusion is all.

I've ran out of likes today but I applaud you for your reasoning. This subject should end with this masterf post.

:)

Do you fall into the first category? Really? From what I've noticed, you're here to ostacize Axl fans and criticize anybody that doesn't share your love and worship of Slash. Other people's opinions seem to be the last thing on your mind. Even further from your mind than mine if we look at it realistically, and I'm the one who professes not to give a shit. Strange. If you want to ask for quotes just check your recent post history, they'll be easy enough for you to find.

To answer your question, I do not own my own business. Do you?Do you run your own business?

LOL really? I thought we went over this a couple weeks ago when you went off on some angry filled rant about me.

"you're here to ostracize Axl fans and criticize anybody that doesn't share your love and worship of Slash"........."other people's opinions seem to be the last thing on your mind".............isn't that what you do concerning Slash? The majority of your posts here are weird ramblings about how bad everything Slash does is. And did you not admit in another topic that you come here to specifically try and piss people off? So I think you've mistaken me for you.

My love of Slash? Funny!!! Let me explain this again as you seem to keep ignoring it. I don't even like Slash. I like maybe five songs the guy has released since he left GnR. Hated Velvet Revolver. Axl is my favorite singer of all time. Been to several GnR shows post classic line-up. And I've said a thousand times that CD is the best rock album of the last decade and is just as good as either Illusions. I prefer Slash's work ethic more than Axl's. So try and at least be truthful when you try and insult me. Lying is an ugly trait to have.

Not currently. I've owned businesses in the past though. Planning on starting up a therapeutic riding facility for people who experiences disabilities in a few years. Not sure if I'll just buy an existing one or start one from scratch. You keep talking about how a business "should" operate and railing against people who wear suits. Thought maybe you had some experience running a business.