Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I knew what your answer was even before I made the post :lol:

So they are mixing it? Mastering it? In a home studio? Can't imagine perfectionist Axl doing something like that.

I imaging one of those but honestly have no idea.

Vocals for CD3 probably, because CD2 is recorded and, as the remix album, done. - Axl words, not mine.

Maybe he's finishing up the vocals for BITW

• Like 1

These last pages are pure gold, Axl fans are amusing. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I wish you'd post something amusing for once. Or interesting. Or worth reading.

Is there any confirmation that Axl is actually in the studio?

He seemingly is, but if that gives anyone hope of some kind of impending release I'd like to point out he was in the studio from 1995-2007. Even if he's working on 'the finishing touches' on an album, that's been known to take 6 or 7 years.

• Like 1

I wish you'd stop policing the forum in hopes that people would stop posting or change their posting style. It's not gonna happen.

It's not my problem if you're just another Axl fan foolishly getting his hopes up for a Chris Pitman picture. :lol:

I wish you'd stop policing the forum in hopes that people would stop posting or change their posting style. It's not gonna happen.

It's not my problem if you're just another Axl fan foolishly getting his hopes up for a Chris Pitman picture. :lol:

It's not my problem that you're a repetitive illiterate imbecile with a chip on his shoulder. Mommy and daddy can likely take the blame for that one. Doesn't make you any less boring or irritating though.

I'd say for the fourtieth time that I have no hopes for this band and that I could give a fuck less about Pittman but I know you struggle with concepts more complicated than 'durrrrr blind Axl fans' and using emoticons as a substitute for any remote degree of wit or intelligence. May as well tell it to a dog, I'd get the same look of bemused gormless incomprehension. But I'd feel less guilty about booting your teeth down your throat in response :)

Go on, now post "U mad bro? :lol:", you boring, silly little Princess.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 1

Vocals for CD3 probably, because CD2 is recorded and, as the remix album, done. - Axl words, not mine.

If he actually is in the studio to record vocals then it could be any number of things:

- (new) vocals for songs recorded during CD sessions

- vocals for songs written/recorded by the current band

- redoing vocals for CD era songs with the 2014 voice (the horror!)

- vocals for Slash riffs recorded in 96 (with Pitman adding unnecessary layers of ambient noise for no reason)

The only way the remix album should ever be released is as a bonus disc (could have been paired with AFD and at least made that a semi-interesting release) or free download. If they put that out as a standalone album, 6 years after the fact, it'll kill virtually any remaining interest in future releases.

It's not my problem that you're a repetitive illiterate imbecile with a chip on his shoulder. Mommy and daddy can likely take the blame for that one. Doesn't make you any less boring or irritating though.

I'd say for the fourtieth time that I have no hopes for this band and that I could give a fuck less about Pittman but I know you struggle with concepts more complicated than 'durrrrr blind Axl fans' and using emoticons as a substitute for any remote degree of wit or intelligence. May as well tell it to a dog, I'd get the same look of bemused gormless incomprehension. But I'd feel less guilty about booting your teeth down your throat in response :)

This post proves that I'm right, though. There's no reason for you to get so angry if what I'm saying is simply not true. You get mad because I hit a nerve, then you complain about me being repetitive but you need to make sure for the "fortieth time" (it's not fourtieth, you little ignorant) you're not labeled as an Axl fan. Why is that? Oh wait, you can't explain it. I'm sorry if I have exposed your true colors but discussing me is not going to change my point of view.

So much for the one who keeps complaining about complainers, not happening anytime soon brother. Go talk to a dog, maybe they will understand your nonsensical babbling better. :)

This post proves that I'm right, though. There's no reason for you to get so angry if what I'm saying is simply not true. You get mad because I hit a nerve, then you complain about me being repetitive but you need to make sure for the "fortieth time" (it's not fourtieth, you little ignorant) you're not labeled as an Axl fan. Why is that? Oh wait, you can't explain it. I'm sorry if I have exposed your true colors but discussing me is not going to change my point of view.

So much for the one who keeps complaining about complainers, not happening anytime soon brother. Go talk to a dog, maybe they will understand your nonsensical babbling better. :)

Yawn. If you were this tedious as a kid, I think I may have the reason you were starved for attention.

"So much for the one who keeps complaining about complainers, not happening anytime soon brother."

At least try to make sense, for fuck's sake.

Edited by tomfriend

That the epic 13 year production ordeal begins as of now? And even then he had a record company force it out of him, now no record company cares a monkeys he's at liberty to sit around twiddling with his nobs all day long.

Maybe he'll get behind the mixing desk for a shift or two too :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

I knew what your answer was even before I made the post :lol:

So they are mixing it? Mastering it? In a home studio? Can't imagine perfectionist Axl doing something like that.

Axl didn't even have anything to do with the mixing/mastering or CD iirc, so yeah, there's not a chance in hell its at that stage. I remain convinced lyrics and vocals are something he always puts off as much as possible - even back in the days of the old band all the anecdotes seem to corroborate this, through to Finck's comment about "Instrumental 32" or whatever it was.

I'm glad if he's working at least. Genuinely thought he'd lost interest in making new music altogether. When/if we ever get to hear it is another matter.

"So much for the one who keeps complaining about complainers, not happening anytime soon brother."

At least try to make sense, for fuck's sake.

It's perfectly stated there, you complain about me, but you don't realize that complaining about complainers is pointless. Then you think because you quote me things are going to change, so "not happening anytime soon brother". Can't believe I have to explain the simplest thing to friend tom.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Yawn. If you were this tedious as a kid, I think I may have the reason you were starved for attention.

B-b-but, did you learn today that fourtieth doesn't exist as a word? I want to make sure of that because I don't want to be guilty of your ignorance. :)

Yes darling, I misspelled one word by one letter. Have a gold star and the approval you so obviously crave.

B-b-but, did you learn today that fourtieth doesn't exist as a word? I want to make sure of that because I don't want to be guilty of your ignorance. :)

Yes darling, I misspelled one word by one letter. Have a gold star and the approval you so obviously crave.

You didn't misspell it but let's all believe that for a second. No need to thank me, for the fourtieth time, we're here to help!

That the epic 13 year production ordeal begins as of now? And even then he had a record company force it out of him, now no record company cares a monkeys he's at liberty to sit around twiddling with his nobs all day long.

Maybe he'll get behind the mixing desk for a shift or two too :lol:

If there ever is a new album I hope to fuck he's learned that CD's biggest flaw is how overcooked and overproduced it was. The fact that Bucket and Finck's parts have reputedly being left intact on some older songs at least might mean he won't try to shoehorn the newer members into existing songs, but IDK, as far as unnecessary overdubs, layers and farting around goes I don't think he can help himself.

You didn't misspell it but let's all believe that for a second. No need to thank me, for the fourtieth time, we're here to help!

What do you call spelling a word incorrectly, dear? Go on, since you crave my attention so much, I'm all ears.

What do you call spelling a word incorrectly, dear? Go on, since you crave my attention so much, I'm all ears.

You thought the word was fourtieth, so in your ignorant uneducated head you didn't misspell it, now you want me to believe you did know it was fortieth but misspell it by one letter. See, it usually happens when you give more attention to what's happening in a forum instead of learning English.

You thought the word was fourtieth, so in your ignorant uneducated head you didn't misspell it, now you want me to believe you did know it was fortieth but misspell it by one letter. See, it usually happens when you give more attention to what's happening in a forum instead of learning English.

I thought the word was spelt with a 'u' but it isn't. So I spelled it with an extra 'u'. But I didn't misspell it. Okay love, makes sense. :)

I thought the word was spelt with a 'u' but it isn't. So I spelled it with an extra 'u'. But I didn't misspell it. Okay love, makes sense. :)

When you say "I misspelled one word by one letter" you're implying that you knew the word but made a typo - which is not the case here.

But hey, don't pay much attention to me, I'm just a... what did you say? Oh, yeah, here: "an illiterate with a chip on the shoulder." Weird, because last time I checked I don't "misspell" words and there is no chip on my shoulder either. :shrugs:

When you say "I misspelled one word by one letter" you're implying that you knew the word but made a typo - which is not the case here.

But hey, don't pay much attention to me, I'm just a... what did you say? Oh, yeah, here: "an illiterate with a chip on the shoulder." Weird, because last time I checked I don't "misspell" words and there is no chip on my shoulder either. :shrugs:

That would be a typo, a typing error or a mistyping. Spelling a word incorrectly is misspelling.