Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I thought the word was spelt with a 'u' but it isn't. So I spelled it with an extra 'u'. But I didn't misspell it. Okay love, makes sense. :)

When you say "I misspelled one word by one letter" you're implying that you knew the word but made a typo - which is not the case here.

But hey, don't pay much attention to me, I'm just a... what did you say? Oh, yeah, here: "an illiterate with a chip on the shoulder." Weird, because last time I checked I don't "misspell" words and there is no chip on my shoulder either. :shrugs:

That would be a typo, a typing error or a mistyping. Spelling a word incorrectly is misspelling.

That's why I said "implying".

I thought the word was spelt with a 'u' but it isn't. So I spelled it with an extra 'u'. But I didn't misspell it. Okay love, makes sense. :)

When you say "I misspelled one word by one letter" you're implying that you knew the word but made a typo - which is not the case here.

But hey, don't pay much attention to me, I'm just a... what did you say? Oh, yeah, here: "an illiterate with a chip on the shoulder." Weird, because last time I checked I don't "misspell" words and there is no chip on my shoulder either. :shrugs:

That would be a typo, a typing error or a mistyping. Spelling a word incorrectly is misspelling.

Ah, I see why you're confused. When I said 'I misspelled one word by one letter', you thought I meant I made a typo.

Let me clear that up for you. I meant I misspelled one word by one letter.

Ah, I see why you're confused. When I said 'I misspelled one word by one letter', you thought I meant I made a typo.

Yes. The fact that you needed to mention the obvious made me think that.

For future reference, next time someone tells you the sky is blue, they aren't implying it's green.

For future reference, next time someone tells you the sky is blue, they aren't implying it's green.

Not that someone would need to be told that the sky is blue, unless they're blind Axl fans and can't see. :tongue2:

Not that someone would need to be told that the sky is blue, unless they're blind Axl fans and can't see. :tongue2:

Your 'I made a funny today!' badge is in the mail. ;)

Wtf is this thread about? Can't tell reading this page

There was another Axl death rumor, Axl made a crack about death and taxes, then tweeted a photo that appeared to have been taken in a recording studio. That's about it.

It's about Nosaj pointing pointless grammar mistakes to derail threads about Axl or New GNR, same old shit as usual. Wait til a mod clean this up to know what's going on.

Actually, I'm not the one who started derailing the thread but I would say I cooperated. The fact that you ignore this says a lot of your agenda!!!1 but let's leave it at that before you go crazy like the other day.

Your 'I made a funny today!' badge is in the mail. ;)

That's not exciting.

B-b-but, did you learn today that fourtieth doesn't exist as a word?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g528776-d2103740-r195387638-Ganges-Royal_Wootton_Bassett_Wiltshire_England.html

“A great fourtieth birthday meal.” x.gif
Review of Ganges

:facepalm:

That only means there's another person in this world who thought "fourtieth" was a word.

It's about Nosaj pointing pointless grammar mistakes to derail threads about Axl or New GNR, same old shit as usual. Wait til a mod clean this up to know what's going on.

Actually, I'm not the one who started derailing the thread but I would say I cooperated. The fact that you ignore this says a lot of your agenda!!!1 but let's leave it at that before you go crazy like the other day.

Chill man, just pointing the obvious. I don't want to mess into your insecurities and shit.

Chill man, just pointing the obvious. I don't want to mess into your insecurities and shit.

It's not 'the' obvious because I didn't start derailing this thread. You're not messing with my insecurities because there are none. Will you post another Peruvian video and add "shit" to it? :)

It's not 'the' obvious because I didn't start derailing this thread. You're not messing with my insecurities because there are none. Will you post another Peruvian video and add "shit" to it? :)

clearly you are nuts.. stop derailing the thread please.

On topic: what happened to the rumored gig dates for 2015?

clearly you are nuts.. stop derailing the thread please.

On topic: what happened to the rumored gig dates for 2015?

Clearly you're a racist who went crazy the other day. Stop derailing this thread.

On topic: What's going on with Axl and his Twitter account?

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Why are they in the studio? I thought the album has been done for years now. Maybe they're working on the second trilogy of albums.... :wow:

Who was it who basically said 3 or 4 years ago that none of the vocals were done on any of the other tracks? I'm sure someone did.

I also remember hearing that Soul Monster had vocals recorded on Christmas day one year. Who knows, maybe with Axl's weird karma/juju shit December is the time of year he actually gets some work done.

Why are they in the studio? I thought the album has been done for years now. Maybe they're working on the second trilogy of albums.... :wow:

Who was it who basically said 3 or 4 years ago that none of the vocals were done on any of the other tracks? I'm sure someone did.

I also remember hearing that Soul Monster had vocals recorded on Christmas day one year. Who knows, maybe with Axl's weird karma/juju shit December is the time of year he actually gets some work done.

Axy himself said he recorded vocals for Soul Monster on a Christmas Eve and it was the angriest song he ever wrote/sang...but it's Axy talking, take everything with a grain of salt...and a burger

When Axl said that CD2 was done, did he mean that he had recorded vocals for it or just instrumental demos?

I don't even think he's that linear, he seems so fucking obsessed with layering shit on top of other shit, it wouldn't surprise me if finished versions (yeah, I know) grow out of demos with nothing ever being discarded wholesale, just different tracks being replaced over time.

Yeah, to most people 'done' would mean fully recorded, mixed and mastered, but you're talking about someone who doesn't even seem to consider the album that was released 6 years ago to be 'done'.

Even if he had finished CD2 altogether when he made that quote, chances are he'll find some reason to work on it further and fart about another few years. Besides, even with the lack of communication between Axl and the rest of the band, if he had a finished album with a completed tracklisting surely he'd at least have played them the damned thing and they'd be more confident that it was near release than they seem to be.

When Axl said that CD2 was done, did he mean that he had recorded vocals for it or just instrumental demos?

I don't even think he's that linear, he seems so fucking obsessed with layering shit on top of other shit, it wouldn't surprise me if finished versions (yeah, I know) grow out of demos with nothing ever being discarded wholesale, just different tracks being replaced over time.

Yeah, to most people 'done' would mean fully recorded, mixed and mastered, but you're talking about someone who doesn't even seem to consider the album that was released 6 years ago to be 'done'.

Even if he had finished CD2 altogether when he made that quote, chances are he'll find some reason to work on it further and fart about another few years. Besides, even with the lack of communication between Axl and the rest of the band, if he had a finished album with a completed tracklisting surely he'd at least have played them the damned thing and they'd be more confident that it was near release than they seem to be.

I get what you're saying since that's basically what happened with Chinese Democracy. Stripped down versions of the songs were performed in the early 00s but then in 2008, we got the very same songs but incredibly bloated filled with layers after layers of... only Axl knows what. Too much time spent doing basically nothing, and fans didn't appreciate it in the end. I, for one, liked the 2001 2002 versions of CD and The Blues.

Now, with the mixed reviews that CD got, one would think that Axl got the message that there's no need to be Trent Reznor Mark II. Going Down is a perfect example. Simple, yet cool song. It's hard to imagine that Axl is just repeating the Chinese Democracy venture by doing the same exact thing. That's why I personally think he's not going to release anything -- at all.

He needs to just lay down 15-18 songs and give them to DJ and let him mix/produce/whatever it is they do - to the songs. While he might be a complete contrived "act" as a guitar player, the guy has produced some pretty quality music for other acts.

I have no doubt that DJ could shoot us out a straight forward rock-n-roll album in a matter of months. An album that would still be full of Axl bombast and epicness.....but way less layered and tinkered with.