Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Oh, you're retroactively downplaying your telling Axl's PR men how they should do their job despite likely having no PR experience yourself. Go talk to someone else you tedious, lying fool.

:rofl-lol:

hahahaahhaahahhaahahaaaaaaaaa

Been working in those fields and related stuff for around 10 years :)

Thanks for trying, pal!!

See you next year ;)

Ah, so you bullshit, toadie and kiss undeserving asses for a living? Suddenly your posts here make a lot more sense. ;)

• Like 2

That puppy is adorbs.

This is not related to your puppy-comment. Just wanted to say that it's awesome that you're promoting Shenmue 3, Amir. Shenmue 3 is like the Chinese Democracy of videogames. And it's finally coming after 14 fucking years. :headbang:

That would be Duke Nukem Forever.

• Like 1

That puppy is adorbs.

This is not related to your puppy-comment. Just wanted to say that it's awesome that you're promoting Shenmue 3, Amir. Shenmue 3 is like the Chinese Democracy of videogames. And it's finally coming after 14 fucking years. :headbang:

That would be Duke Nukem Forever.

Nah, In my opinion Duke Nukem Forever wasn't ambitious and epic enough.

I don't see Axl as an intelligent person. I mean, the guy refused to promote his own big comeback album. I can't see an intelligent person doing that regardless of the circumstances. Sorry for the ot.

Personally I see that as a very intelligent move. I mean you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that the album was doomed before it was even released. There's no way it could have ever lived up to it's hype. I'm not saying that CD is a masterpiece and of course many people genuinely don't like it. But it's also true that the media was ready bash the album no matter what.

The release was a pure new GNR bash fest. It would have been so no matter what and Axl knew it beforehand. So the less people talked about the album when it was released, the better it was for GNR. Now many people have found out about the album on their own, instead of finding out about it through negative articles. I'm absolutely positive that the overall attitude towards new GNR and Axl Rose today would be far more negative, if Axl had promoted the album.

Feel free to disagree with me. I certainly don't think that Axl always makes wise decisions. But in my opinion the decision to not promote the album when it was released was one his good decisions for sure.

I don't see Axl as an intelligent person. I mean, the guy refused to promote his own big comeback album. I can't see an intelligent person doing that regardless of the circumstances. Sorry for the ot.

Personally I see that as a very intelligent move. I mean you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that the album was doomed before it was even released. There's no way it could have ever lived up to it's hype. I'm not saying that CD is a masterpiece and of course many people genuinely don't like it. But it's also true that the media was ready bash the album no matter what.

The release was a pure new GNR bash fest. It would have been so no matter what and Axl knew it beforehand. So the less people talked about the album when it was released, the better it was for GNR. Now many people have found out about the album on their own, instead of finding out about it through negative articles. I'm absolutely positive that the overall attitude towards new GNR and Axl Rose today would be far more negative, if Axl had promoted the album.

Feel free to disagree with me. I certainly don't think that Axl always makes wise decisions. But in my opinion the decision to not promote the album when it was released was one his good decisions for sure.

Holy crap.

I thought you were trying to be funny or sarcastic until getting to your final paragraph.

Nothing you say in your first two paragraphs makes ANY sense at all. It is completely devote of logic and common sense.

First off - CD was the most anticipate album of all time. Anybody remotely interested in purchasing a Guns n Roses album KNEW that CD was coming out. There weren't GnR consumers out there that didn't know CD came out.

So Axl wanted to release the album........but didn't want people to know about it for the first six months or so? That is one of the most illogical things I've ever read on this forum.

Couldn't live up to the hype? Yes, it could have. Very easily. It just had to have enough quality songs on it. The hype for all big-name artists is huge. I got tired of hearing about Taylor Swift's last album, it was hyped to death? How it do? Sold over a million copies the first week and today, seven months later, it is still tearing up the charts. Why? Because she delivered what her fans wanted to hear.

Why would Axl agree to stream the album on Myspace - where it got something like 15 million listens - if he didn't want to promote the release of the album???

And CD received pretty positive reviews when it came out. The general rock fan base didn't necessarily agree. But most music publications were very kind.

Rolling Stone: 4 out of 5 stars

Billboard: 4 out of 5 stars

Spin: 7 out of 10

Los Angeles Times: 4 out of 5 stars

Blender: 7 out of 10

I don't mean to be rude, but your entire post is pure rubbish. And I say that with all due respect. It really looks like you are just finding anyway possible to defend Axl's moves.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

Holy crap.

I thought you were trying to be funny or sarcastic until getting to your final paragraph.

Nothing you say in your first two paragraphs makes ANY sense at all. It is completely devote of logic and common sense.

First off - CD was the most anticipate album of all time. Anybody remotely interested in purchasing a Guns n Roses album KNEW that CD was coming out. There weren't GnR consumers out there that didn't know CD came out.

So Axl wanted to release the album........but didn't want people to know about it for the first six months or so? That is one of the most illogical things I've ever read on this forum.

Couldn't live up to the hype? Yes, it could have. Very easily. It just had to have enough quality songs on it. The hype for all big-name artists is huge. I got tired of hearing about Taylor Swift's last album, it was hyped to death? How it do? Sold over a million copies the first week and today, seven months later, it is still tearing up the charts. Why? Because she delivered what her fans wanted to hear.

Why would Axl agree to stream the album on Myspace - where it got something like 15 million listens - if he didn't want to promote the release of the album???

And CD received pretty positive reviews when it came out. The general rock fan base didn't necessarily agree. But most music publications were very kind.

I don't mean to be rude, but your entire post is pure rubbish. And I say that with all due respect. It really looks like you are just finding anyway possible to defend Axl's moves.

I knew that you'd answer this with 100% certainity. I also knew exactly what you'd answer. No offense, but sometimes you're ridiculously predictable. Did you know that? :D

You can't seriously be comparing Axl to Taylor Swift? It was a completely different situation. Taylor Swift has never been a universally hated person. Axl Rose was kinda like Michael Jackson at the time CD was released. Everything people said about Axl was always negative. MJ had to die to make the negative talk end.

Every single person who witnessed the days before CD came out knows that whenever someone talked anything about Chinese Democracy it was always a joke. How could an album that's already a joke EVER be received neutrally. There's no way it could have. Everyone with common sense understands that. Axl could never have pulled off a succesful comeback with one single album. If he wanted to get his reputation back it would have to be a slow process.

I agree that CD got some fair reviews. But it also got shitloads of unfair reviews, that didn't focus on the music at all.

I never said that CD wasn't promoted at all. I said that Axl didn't promote it. Which was a wise move. And you still don't have to agree with me on that.

• Like 1

Holy crap.

I knew that you'd answer this with 100% certainity. I also knew exactly what you'd answer. No offense, but sometimes you're ridiculously predictable. Did you know that? :D

You can't seriously be comparing Axl to Taylor Swift? It was a completely different situation. Taylor Swift has never been a universally hated person. Axl Rose was kinda like Michael Jackson at the time CD was released. Everything people said about Axl was always negative. MJ had to die to make the negative talk end.

Every single person who witnessed the days before CD came out knows that whenever someone talked anything about Chinese Democracy it was always a joke. How could an album that's already a joke EVER be received neutrally. There's no way it could have. Everyone with common sense understands that. Axl could never have pulled off a succesful comeback with one single album. If he wanted to get his reputation back it would have to be a slow process.

I agree that CD got some fair reviews. But it also got shitloads of unfair reviews, that didn't focus on the music at all.

I never said that CD wasn't promoted at all. I said that Axl didn't promote it. Which was a wise move. And you still don't have to agree with me on that.

Not promoting his album being a good thing is a new low around here. Haha

Holy crap.

Not promoting his album being a good thing is a new low around here. Haha

It would have been bad move, IF GNR was a normal band. But it hasn't been a normal band in a long long time. When circumstances are different from normal you'll always need out of the box thinking. I know it can be hard for some people so feel free to just bash my point of view. :takethat:

You are acting like it was Axl's rational premeditated scheme to not promote the album rather that what it was which was, a colossal hissy fit by Axl because Interscope decided to actually release the thing.

You are acting like it was Axl's rational premeditated scheme to not promote the album rather that what it was which was, a colossal hissy fit by Axl because Interscope decided to actually release the thing.

Haha! I don't know if it was actually rational thinking from Axl. Maybe you're right. Maybe he was just silent cause he was childishly angry at the label. In any case I do think it turned out well for him. :D

That puppy is adorbs.

Amir - I love you as a poster. You are smart, funny and make some great posts.

But for the love of all that is good in the world, please don't be that douchebag that starts abbreviating words that don't need to be abbreviated. Adorbs? Please tell me you don't also say jelly for jealous, brecky for breakfast, vacay for vacation, etc.

• Like 1

That puppy is adorbs.

But for the love of all that is good in the world, please don't be that douchebag that starts abbreviating words that don't need to be abbreviated. Adorbs? Please tell me you don't also say jelly for jealous, brecky for breakfast, vacay for vacation, etc.

u cray.

Holy crap.

You should look into a career as a psychic.

I post with logic and common sense - so it's a positive sign that you knew what I'd post. That means there is some logical thought process going on with you.

I guess I'm flattered you know so much about my posting style. I'll have to try and pay more attention to yours in the future.

Taylor Swift isn't universally hated? Do you ever go online? She receives as much hate as probably any recording artist alive not named Justin Bieber. And Axl Rose isn't universally hated by any means.

So the Myspace streaming - on a Guns n Roses myspace page - was done without Axl's consent?

The inclusion of If The World on one of the biggest Hollywood blockbuster movies of the year was done without Axl's consent?

The inclusing of Shacklers Revenge onto one of the most popular video games was done without Axl's consent?

Your basic premise is just full of holes and makes no logical sense.

So Axl is intelligent because he chose to not promote his comeback album, because he was in a no win situation. So the best route was to not promote it while it was receiving bad reviews. (Even though he did promote it, and it did receive really positive reviews from major rock publications, and he has "worked" CD for over a decade of touring).

So odd that some how other artists are able to go the exact opposite route and end up with high selling releases.

Haha! I don't know if it was actually rational thinking from Axl. Maybe you're right. Maybe he was just silent cause he was childishly angry at the label. In any case I do think it turned out well for him. :D

:facepalm:

You said Axl was universally hated back in 2008 and CD was thought of as a punchline.

You think that isn't more so the case now????

Band members keep leaving.

Touring attendance numbers are decreasing.

His die-hard fan base is getting more and more frustrated and losing interest in the band.

In 2007 there was mass excitement about the return of Axl and GnR.

CD stream on Myspace broke records.

GnR could headline any festival in the world.

You seriously think GnR is in better shape as a band, and that Axl's reputation is better now than it was in 2007 and 2008?

You cannot be serious.

Please, enlighten all of us and tell us how it all worked out fantastically for Axl, GnR and GnR fans in the end. You should be proud, for the first time in my 17 years at this forum, you've left me almost speechless.

That puppy is adorbs.

u cray.

I just don't think grown men should start adopting the slang of 13 year old girls.

• Like 1

That puppy is adorbs.

Don't be so ridic.

• Like 1

That puppy is adorbs.

Don't be so ridic.

It's totes amazeballs. I'm well jel.

• Like 1