Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

So what is going on with the news of this band? Bumblefoot is out but nobody is certain of the details? Stinson is out, but he may come back? Ashba is out? Jury still firmly out on Fortis and Pitman's status but Fortis says he is in? Nobody knows where Axl is? Nobody knows where Team Brazil are? Nobody is speaking to us. Nobody knows anything about an album? Reunion gossip merely rumours?

Business as usual I see for GN'R: complete and utter confusion.

Sounds like contracts ran out and Bumble didn't want to rule himself out of working with Guns again. Ashba on the other hand has formally and "officially" left the band, Stinson's contract is up and he doesn't seem to care what happens next - but would like to see a reunion of the original lineup. Fortus seems to be in, or isn't willing to worsen the situation by saying he doesn't know what's next either. I'd like it if he stayed, even if there's a reunion having someone like him playing the third guitar track live would be immense. It looks like Dizzy is in, but Frank and Pitman haven't really said anything here, have they?

• Like 1

So what is going on with the news of this band? Bumblefoot is out but nobody is certain of the details? Stinson is out, but he may come back? Ashba is out? Jury still firmly out on Fortis and Pitman's status but Fortis says he is in? Nobody knows where Axl is? Nobody knows where Team Brazil are? Nobody is speaking to us. Nobody knows anything about an album? Reunion gossip merely rumours?

Gnr doesnt owe nothing to us

If they "do not" owe us "nothing" that would mean that you think they owe us "something."

It is great that you agree that they do owe their fans something. Because that's how every band - literally every other band - feels. Look up quotes from lead singers from popular bands and you will see a ton of statements saying how they owe their fans everything, how they would be nothing without their fans, etc.

So it is good that you agree that GnR does owe it's fans something. They owe their fans respect. At least that's how every other band in the world operates.

Good that you agree.

If they "do not" owe us "nothing" that would mean that you think they owe us "something."

It is great that you agree that they do owe their fans something. Because that's how every band - literally every other band - feels. Look up quotes from lead singers from popular bands and you will see a ton of statements saying how they owe their fans everything, how they would be nothing without their fans, etc.

So it is good that you agree that GnR does owe it's fans something. They owe their fans respect. At least that's how every other band in the world operates.

Good that you agree.

Damn right man.

Because that's how every band - literally every other band - feels. Look up quotes from lead singers from popular bands and you will see a ton of statements saying how they owe their fans everything, how they would be nothing without their fans, etc.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-s-ulrich-we-don-t-owe-people-anything/

Edited by Lies They Tell

Because that's how every band - literally every other band - feels. Look up quotes from lead singers from popular bands and you will see a ton of statements saying how they owe their fans everything, how they would be nothing without their fans, etc.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-s-ulrich-we-don-t-owe-people-anything/

Lars is a chump that has had a battle with the fans since Napster. It only got worse when everyone criticized his horrible St Anger snare. Pricks gonna be pricks.

Lars is a chump that has had a battle with the fans since Napster. It only got worse when everyone criticized his horrible St Anger snare. Pricks gonna be pricks.

Whatever Lars Ulrich says doesn't count. He is Lars Ulrich.

Sure you can call him a cunt, a prick, a dick or an asshole. My point is that Axl is not the only artist who doesn't suck up to his fans. So Apollos "literally every other band"-comment is just false.

Here's Tommy Lee saying "I certainly don't owe anybody anything": http://www.contactmusic.com/motley-crue/news/tommy-lees-rant-over-picture-taking-fans_1358246

Ever heard Eminem's "The way I Am" with the lyrics "I don't know you and no I don't owe you a mothafuckin thing"

Good that you agree.

The double negative!

In reply to ralebava, it is probably good that Axl does not 'owe us' - as his fan base reiterate ad nauseam - as you would not trust Axl with the outcome. The times when Axl has owed someone something, the record company delivery of an album say or the fans a concert on time, he has been woefully late. Would you trust Axl to do a repair in your house? He would turn up eight months late having sacked all of his colleague workman and then proceed to smash up your house!

They didn't become musicians because they were bright.

Agreed. Most musicians are not very bright. Especially the ones who think they somehow owe something to their fans lol. Tommy Lee knows what's up.

Edited by Rovim

The level these guys go to when defending Axl is hilarious.

"Axl doesn't owe the fans anything because musicians are all stupid." - random guy on the internet for most of the day with no tangtible contributions

Nah, he's bright. I mean... why would you become a musician, even if you're extremely talented and you love making music, if you are bright and can get a good job?

Edited by Rovim

"Axl doesn't owe the fans anything because musicians are all stupid." - random guy on the internet for most of the day with no tangtible contributions

No, the argument wasn't for or against whether they owe us anything (everyone with half a brain would know they don't, just ask maynard), but whether we should use the logic of musicians to guide us in the question.

Edited by SoulMonster

It's a question you can't answer. But I'm sure you'll try anyways.

The question was whether or not bands operate under the guise that they owe things to their fans. Anyone that thinks you don't owe your success to your fans is retarded. And if they think they don't owe their fans explanations when members are quitting and huge rumors are circulating are naive. Also when members come out after 2 huge departures and claim the very next year is going to be a huge year for the band, the trap is set for an explanation as to how and why.

All of this defense is just deflecting responsibility like teenagers. Like truly irresponsible and naive teenage musicians to be exact.

Not sure if you're talking to me? Cause I'm not defending Axl here. I'm defending the human right to live you're life freely without some morons claiming that you owe them something.

In this world, nothing is free. The world doesn't owe you freedom or anonymity, especially when you bait them.

Don't want people to intrude? Don't become a fuckin celebrity. Easy lesson.

• Like 1

'Weirdly' though many celebrities who do feel that they ''owe'' a lot ''to their fans'. It is them after all who provided their money and success after all.

"Some friends, you only see them when the sun shines... My fans sustained me even in dark days. I owe them everything."

- Michael Jackson

"I want you to know that I appreciate my fans (...) every day of my life. It is your presence, your faith and your loyalty that has given me great strength during difficult times, and it was you who inspired me to work hard and deliver, I owe you. Over the years we became a family. You are all my family. My children are your children and all children of the world are our children and our responsibility."

“It was you who put your heart on the line. It was you who stepped forward to defend someone you love. It was you, on a worldwide basis who supported me as my army, my soldiers of love.“You were always there. You are always loyal and I love you forever.”

- Michael Jackson (45th birthday party celebration)

I know I have a responsibility to the fans.
- Jackie Chan
We owe it to the fans to do a tour around the world.
- Steven Adler
I owe it to my fans to be who I am. There's nothing fake about me.
- Angie Stone
Forget the image, forget the ensemble, forget the rumours, forget the short skirts, the big hair, whatever! I owe this to the fans and I will never forget you so I want to accept this award on behalf of all of you.
- Mariah Carey
Every professional athlete owes a debt of gratitude to the fans and management, and pays an installment every time he plays. He should never miss a payment.
- Bobby Hull

Elvis believed he owed everything to his fans (and god); that is why he was going on stage in the condition he was. Many other artists will not go as far as Michael Jackson but they still appreciate their fans and feel they have an obligation which is why they foster a superb rapport with them (e.g. Metallica, Maiden).

It is only Axl fans, because they are so downtrodden and because they have adopted Axl/TB's 'fan-hating' rhetoric, that have adopted this, ''__does not owe you anything'' line and utilise it like a badge of loyalty.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Anyone that thinks you don't owe your success to your fans is retarded.

If AFD would have been a crappy album, you would not have bought it. None of us would have. We are not the reason why it became a successful album and why GNR became a successful band.

We bought the album because it was great and we wanted to have it. And why was the album great? Because of Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler.

They made us fans. The reason why they became successful is because THEY made a great album.

Even if you had bought AFD out of pity, I still don't think the band would owe you anything. If I see a beggar and decide to give him money, I'm not gonna go over to him and say that he owes me something because I gave him money. That would make no sense. Just like claiming that a band owes you something doesn't make any sense at all. You paid for the album and you got the album. That's it. They don't owe you anything more.

In this world, nothing is free. The world doesn't owe you freedom or anonymity, especially when you bait them.

Don't want people to intrude? Don't become a fuckin celebrity. Easy lesson.

That I agree with you on! If you can't stand stupid people who claim that you owe everything to them, you probably shouldn't become a celebrity. It's a harsh fact. There will always be crazy people who think that celebrities owe autographs to them or what ever. You shouldn't become a celebrity if you can't deal with crazy people. But just because crazy people exists, doesn't meant that those crazy people are right. Some celebrities try to please all the crazy people. Some celebrities don't.

That's two different approaches and neither one is wrong. Bands don't owe their success to the fans. It's nice to listen to the fans, but it's not a celebrities obligation. If the celebrity hasn't made a contract with the fans then obviously he doesn't owe the fans anything.

It is only Axl fans,

Lol! It is not only Axl fans. Clearly you should visit other message boards more often.