Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, starlight said:

On a side note why can't Axl get rid of those hats? Seriously he would look better without them

Totally agree.

Wish he'd lose the granny hat. 

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

To me it kinda shows that his EGO trumps everything else. No big news though, he likes to make everything about himself.

If it was about GNR, and not about him, he could have said that he's happy for the band, or happy fro Axl, Slash and Duff, or happy for the fans who wanted this so badly.

Like it or not, this is HUGE in the history of GNR, and maybe even a big event in the history of Rock & Roll. His bloated ego doesn't let him address that fact. Comparing seeing one of these shows to watching some tv series? Maybe that's one of the reasons he is not behind the drum kit playing WTTJ with the rest of the band.

This has nothing to do with his skills as a drummer, but his attitude.

I disagree. 

Matt is actually a really cool guy. Not sure why he gets such a bad rap on this forum.  Does he speak his mind?  Yep. But what's wrong with that? 

He's always been respectful toward the other band members. At the Rock Hall of Fame, he was happy - even honored - to share drums with Steven. is that the "attitude" of someone who only thinks of himself?  Of course not. 

I feel bad for him. He was inducted with the band for a reason - He played a role in GNR's huge success, and deserves to be part of the reunion along with Stevie. He certainly earned that spot - which Frank did not. 

• Like 2

Matt was Duff's ans Slash's drinking and shooting buddy. There was a reason why VR was on a break for so long and we all know that didn't end well for the other guy. I guess Slash and Duff stopped working with Matt cause they don't want bad influences around them

4 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

I think we missed this one here, was just in time to snap it:

ZXlU94B.png

He removed it later. Doesn't really add very much to what was already deducted from Matt's later tweets, but anyway...

Woah, that is actually sad. 

He played with Slash and Duff for so many years, they din't even put his name on the table? 

he played on 2 full albums, he did contribute so much more than Frank, Fortus and Melissa combined. 

I guess they would not even have asked Izzy about this. No wonder he seems pissed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Woah, that is actually sad. 

He played with Slash and Duff for so many years, they din't even put his name on the table? 

he played on 2 full albums, he did contribute so much more than Frank, Fortus and Melissa combined. 

I guess they would not even have asked Izzy about this. No wonder he seems pissed. 

He was the drummer on UYI 1 n 2, and TSI. And SFTD single.

But he's not part of this, he was a replacement for adler, and i don't think he put that much into those records. He was doing what they told him to do. Yeah.. even the YCBM intro.

He was great live.

6 minutes ago, hypird said:

Matt was Duff's ans Slash's drinking and shooting buddy. There was a reason why VR was on a break for so long and we all know that didn't end well for the other guy. I guess Slash and Duff stopped working with Matt cause they don't want bad influences around them

I think he's clean nowadays!

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

To me it kinda shows that his EGO trumps everything else. No big news though, he likes to make everything about himself.

If it was about GNR, and not about him, he could have said that he's happy for the band, or happy fro Axl, Slash and Duff, or happy for the fans who wanted this so badly.

Like it or not, this is HUGE in the history of GNR, and maybe even a big event in the history of Rock & Roll. His bloated ego doesn't let him address that fact. Comparing seeing one of these shows to watching some tv series? Maybe that's one of the reasons he is not behind the drum kit playing WTTJ with the rest of the band.

This has nothing to do with his skills as a drummer, but his attitude.

He´s not obliged to watch a show that´s not even live on any channel...

Kings of Chaos was started by Matt.

Duff is a full member of that band and has played on it for so many years.

Duff is also best buddies with Izzy.

That sunshine song which Izzy posted, that was clearly a dig at this reunion. 

I guess for Steven, he was involved cause they knew if they dint invite him then he would have commit suicide or something. But I guess at the end moment his back got fucked up and now he needs to get a surgery done. His luck is so fucked up. 

6 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Kings of Chaos was started by Matt.

Duff is a full member of that band and has played on it for so many years.

Duff is also best buddies with Izzy.

That sunshine song which Izzy posted, that was clearly a dig at this reunion. 

I guess for Steven, he was involved cause they knew if they dint invite him then he would have commit suicide or something. But I guess at the end moment his back got fucked up and now he needs to get a surgery done. His luck is so fucked up. 

I'm worried about Steven.... No news about Him N' He didnt tweets anymore

Just now, SerenityScorp said:

I'm worried about Steven.... No news about Him N' He didnt tweets anymore

Well Marc confirmed that he hurt his back and he did or is going to do a surgery. I just hope he is ok, out of all the members, he was the one who wanted this, for himself and for the fans too. 

I guess this back thing happened at the end moment cause they posted the drumsticks used by Steven. He himself posted a pic of him last month and he looked very happy, then his bands singer also said he hopes Steven to be there. 

His luck is pretty fucked up. 

16 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Well Marc confirmed that he hurt his back and he did or is going to do a surgery. I just hope he is ok, out of all the members, he was the one who wanted this, for himself and for the fans too. 

I guess this back thing happened at the end moment cause they posted the drumsticks used by Steven. He himself posted a pic of him last month and he looked very happy, then his bands singer also said he hopes Steven to be there. 

I have absolutely no facts to back this up, but I'm betting that Steven is probably being taken care of just fine. He was probably back in the thick of things legally if he was scheduled to be at the Troub. So his medical care is probably being taken care of, etc. He's probably just being quiet because he still wants to be involved when he gets better.

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

This guy is in love. His passion is adorable. He is just as much as a gnr fan than we are

I love Baz. Seems He N' Frank are good Friends cause funny He didnt tag other Members beside Slash Axl Duff

27 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Marc?

41 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I love Baz. Seems He N' Frank are good Friends cause funny He didnt tag other Members beside Slash Axl Duff

Marc?

Marc Canter, owner of Canter's Deli in LA and early photographer for the band. He wrote Reckless Road, the definitive biography of the band, and posts here under the name @recklessroad. Check out the Canter Banter section, he's given us some amazing and unique insights into the band.

3 minutes ago, GnR_Stockholm said:

It's a cash grab tour. If you don't get that, you get nothing in life.

These guys are professional musicians. Of course they're doing it for money. Every tour is a cash grab. So is every album. When I go to work, it's a cash grab too. That's not a bad thing. It's a reality in a market economy. Work is exchanged for money. Get over it.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Marc Canter, owner of Canter's Deli in LA and early photographer for the band. He wrote Reckless Road, the definitive biography of the band, and posts here under the name @recklessroad. Check out the Canter Banter section, he's given us some amazing and unique insights into the band.

These guys are professional musicians. Of course they're doing it for money. Every tour is a cash grab. So is every album. When I go to work, it's a cash grab too. That's not a bad thing. It's a reality in a market economy. Work is exchanged for money. Get over it.

Yeah..... Doesnt People needs money to live? Especially with Axl Duff N' Slash lifestyle... N' Axl had a lot of People in the band tht need to pay for... N' lets hope the money is for makin' new albums too....

I really want to see Pitman post something or new interview of Him...... He's keep silent these lately . Shock cause He's out, maybe ?

Edited by SerenityScorp