Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

5 hours ago, Kenan said:

Bach is like, natural combo of crazy/weird but at the same time well-intentioned salt of the earth guy so, yeah, I understand why Axl likes him.

I really like their friendship. At the very least it gave us this iconic 1990 interview where Baz and Axl were coked up(?) and decided to call Howard Stern (Erin also makes a brief appearance). It makes me laugh every time:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

I really like their friendship. At the very least it gave us this iconic 1990 interview where Baz and Axl were coked up(?) and decided to call Howard Stern (Erin also makes a brief appearance). It makes me laugh every time:

We have Baz to thank for the Eddie Trunk radio interview in 2006. Axl was on fire that night. Amazing stories from the old days and wonderful sense of humor. 

24 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

This is fucking hilarious

Hope that both Fernando and Eddie Trunk are referring to GNR. I'd love an european tour in arenas next autumn/winter *.*

As regards models, well, they're too young to know GNR :max:

Better for them to go to Justin Bieber shows :P:P 

On Baz, I like his energy! It was great to see him on stage. So I can imagine that now he's in good terms with slash.. :)  

Edited by Italian girl

13 hours ago, tremolo said:

It has nothing about speaking his mind. He just manages to make it all about himself. He could play a fundraising gig to feed the poor in Africa, and in an interview he would somehow manage to make it about himself.

And it's not a reunion, so he has no place in it. Frank has been in the band for a while, longer than Sorum for sure. This has nothing to do with liking Frank or not. It's pretty clear that at this moment, Frank is more important to the band than Sorum, otherwise he wouldn't be there.

Sorum played a key role in helping to make GNR the biggest band on the planet. If he hadn't, he wouldn't have been inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame.  And Matt has said - and shown - that he's quite happy to share drum duties with Steven - which is what every fan wants to see. You can deny and pretend this isn't the case - but we all know this is the lineup fans want to see. 

What role did Frank play in the band's success? He's a session musician - a hired hand - brought in to play the songs other musicians wrote and created. 

To compare the two - or suggest Frank has somehow played a bigger role in GNR's success - is ludicrous. 

And yes, this IS a reunion. People can play word semantics all they like - but at the end of the day, this is a reunion of the original lineup. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be booking stadiums. They'd still be booking weddings, bowling alleys and small arenas. 

• Like 3

The day Axl learns to wear flattering t-shirts and lay low on the hats is the day he will instantly look twice as good and 10 years younger. Just look at the pic with the Neil Young shirt. He should consult slash about the t-shirts. 

Edit: Id like to add though that he does look rejuvenated at the moment, I love to see him happy and healthy 

Edited by Changes

1 hour ago, madison said:

Sorum played a key role in helping to make GNR the biggest band on the planet. If he hadn't, he wouldn't have been inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame.  And Matt has said - and shown - that he's quite happy to share drum duties with Steven - which is what every fan wants to see. You can deny and pretend this isn't the case - but we all know this is the lineup fans want to see. 

What role did Frank play in the band's success? He's a session musician - a hired hand - brought in to play the songs other musicians wrote and created. 

To compare the two - or suggest Frank has somehow played a bigger role in GNR's success - is ludicrous. 

And yes, this IS a reunion. People can play word semantics all they like - but at the end of the day, this is a reunion of the original lineup. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be booking stadiums. They'd still be booking weddings, bowling alleys and small arenas. 

2 hours ago, madison said:

This is a business decision.  You are making it more complicated than it has to be from a business point of view.

This is not about the past it’s about the present and future as a business for GNR.

Yes, people this is a business and like all businesses you have the people that own the business, invest in the business and then the workers (Hired help).

Some of the things people seem to want does not work from a business point of view.

Do people really think the original 5 guys will get together out of nostalgia, or based on what album they wrote or played on for nothing... or do you think they would want something out of It like money or future avenues to receive money possibly a cut of tour profits.

Let’s take Steve and Matt sharing drum duties. How would you break down what each would get payed? Would it be by each song they played on? Maybe per beat etc. Maybe what album they played on in an era of past GNR history.

Let’s take slash only playing on the songs he wrote, Lets add Izzy in there playing rhythm guitar only to his songs and with slash and then Richard can  come out and play on CD songs. Again how would you work that out in terms of payment, royalties and tour profits among-est  all involved.

3 guys have worked out the best way from a business structure point of view for this to work.

They had the business structure in place already between the 3 of them, adding extras and making things complicated was only going to make the process harder and more drawn out.

After 20 years Axl and Slash have gone why have we been dicks, we are different people now in many different ways and let’s put the past behind us move on from a  personal point of view.

Why make that process harder for themselves by letting business get in the way.

Theses guys seem to be looking towards the future not in the past.

Maybe keeping Frank and Richard made better business sense to those involved.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Astranged said:

Screenshot_2016-04-11-22-40-33.png

Sara is from my city, she's the first portuguese VS angel and very down to earth. Always followed her work from the beginning and always loved her. But now I'm really jealous haha Some time ago she stated she was a fan, so guess she had good time :) 

49 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

My question, is this reunion? Cause it seems They never said or mention tht this is a reunion.

What is reunion anyway? What it is is that Slash and Duff are back in GN'R, call it what you will. What's the difference what label gets attached to it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

What is reunion anyway? What it is is that Slash and Duff are back in GN'R, call it what you will. What's the difference what label gets attached to it?

Some People thinking tht this is a reunion. They thinking tht this reunion is cash grab N' bullshit cause Adler, Izzy or Matt didnt involved. Thts why I ask for People who said this is a reunion , is this reunion? Cause it seems They never said tht this is reunion. For Me this is just Slash N' Duff rejoin Guns N' Roses.... I dunno if its temporary or permanent (I hope its permanent)

5 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Hope that both Fernando and Eddie Trunkcan'tre referring to GNR. I'd love an  european tour in arenas next autumn/winter *.*

As regards models, well, they're too young to know GNR :max:

Better for them to go to Justin Bieber shows :P:P 

On Baz, I like his energy! It was great to see him on stage. So I can imagine that now he's in good terms with slash.. :)  

Going to be interesting to see how the tour pans out id love Arenas in EU but i really cant see it happening.

I doubt we will Hear much now until the U.S dates kick off if they do the River Plate id fly over there a few wanting to go

Unless they come straight to EU after U.S for stadiums the weather will be getting colder if not 2017

19 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Some People thinking tht this is a reunion. They thinking tht this reunion is cash grab N' bullshit cause Adler, Izzy or Matt didnt involved. Thts why I ask for People who said this is a reunion , is this reunion? Cause it seems They never said tht this is reunion. For Me this is just Slash N' Duff rejoin Guns N' Roses.... I dunno if its temporary or permanent (I hope its permanent)

If by reunion one understands the coming together of all available original members for one show, or couple of shows or a tour to experience some nostalgia and relive the past and make money, then this is not a reunion. This band, to me,  seems future oriented, not only concentrated on recreating the past for a limited period of time. And I hope I'm right cause they're great and I want them VERY MUCH to stay.

If by reunion one understands that some individuals who were apart get back together, then it is a reunion. So it all depends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asia said:

If by reunion one understands the coming together of all available original members for one show, or couple of shows or a tour to experience some nostalgia and relive the past and make money, then this is not a reunion. This band, to me,  seems future oriented, not only concentrated on recreating the past for a limited period of time. And I hope I'm right cause they're great and I want them VERY MUCH to stay.

If by reunion one understands that some individuals who were apart get back together, then it is a reunion. So it all depends.

Yeah.

I pray this will last long or forever. Cause They looks so happy.... 

• Like 1