Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, SerenityScorp said:

Read a lot of sources, I read an article Beta confirmed it. Maybe its not, But what if that is true????

A lot of...sources?  lol.  Look we know he probably showed up there.  But what anybody says actually happened probably didn't.  Beta isn't credible in this situation.  Not saying she is mis-representing the facts, but she would certainly have reason to do so.

i prefer to base my opinions on facts, not heresay and rumors and I certainly have no reason to speculate on what happened between two former band members and friends.  

That really isn't any of my business.

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

A lot of...sources?  lol.  Look we know he probably showed up there.  But what anybody says actually happened probably didn't.  Beta isn't credible in this situation.  Not saying she is mis-representing the facts, but she would certainly have reason to do so.

i prefer to base my opinions on facts, not heresay and rumors and I certainly have no reason to speculate on what happened between two former band members and friends.  

That really isn't any of my business.

Okay....

It would seem Izzy isn't interested. Why he wouldn't even guest now and then, I don't know. Maybe it comes down to money - which would be really shitty. But either way he doesn't seem to want to be a part of this, so thank god we've got someone like Fortus and not a hack like DJ.

Adler, well I don't see him being the full time drummer. But hopefully when his back heals he'll get his moment playing his own material.

Matt, well Axl doesn't seem to get on with him and Slash seems to have had his issues with him too, so maybe it's best he's not there.

Gilby... Basically DJ Ashba quality guitarist with better tone and much less of a douche. I'll still take Fortus.

At the end of the day we've got Axl, Slash and Duff. Probably the most important 3. We've got a really great sounding band that seem to gel, and everyone's happy. It couldn't be better. 

13 minutes ago, Asia said:

Slash gave up, Slash compromised, Slash didn't fight, he's a loser, a traitor, a liar, a backstabber, bla, bla, bla...

How about he's matured and wanted to repair a relationship that meant a lot to him? How about he wanted to go back to doing great things with the people he should be doing them with and it was far more important than proving to the world that he's won or that he's been right all along?

He had enough of stupid fights over every little shit possible that led to a situation which was awfull to everyone involved for years. He's no stupid ego-driven kid anymore and that's great. He's doing magnificent things now, he is very happy, Axl is delighted and this is what matters most, not who exactly sits behind the drum kit or what is right or wrong in the view of the general public. 

Sometimes being adult and being wise means you need to decide what is your priority cause you can't make everyone happy. He made his choice and it is a great choice so fuck off him!

You just wrote down my exact thoughts on this. I just couldn't be bothered to write it down myself. Thank you :D 

• Like 1

It's odd to me about out how everyone speculates on the past members and what has transpired. A few notes, the only people that have called this a reunion or even referred to it like that are the fans and media. I am convinced that Axl needed a guitar player, bringing Duff back made sense at this point, and this is simply a new version of Guns. There was never a conscience effort on their part to look at this as a reunion. This is simply 2 former members rejoining a band! If this is the case, then it would make trying to get Izzy and Steven back not necessarily part of the plan because the band has a drummer and other guitarist that have been there a long time. The other thing, I love Izzy but so many people tend to forget that he dumped GNR and left them in a terrible spot when he left, that ship sailed all of those years ago as far as being in the partnership. If he were ever brought back, my personal thought is he should be on a salary situation because who's to say he wouldn't leave them in a terrible spot again? Just remember he terminated himself, not saying he didn't have good personal reasons but he made the choice...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cooker said:

I guess the euphoria from Vegas is over, now it's time to be negative again. 

I'm still riding the nightrain of positivity. I fucking love this band. Can't get it out of my head how great this is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Bottom line is right now we don't know all the logistics of the reunion.

Aside from Duff and Slash, we really don't know who was contacted, how it all came to be and what the stipulations are.

For all we know, Izzy was asked and either they didn't offer him enough money or he asked for too much. And from the sound of things, Steven was/is supposed to play a part but something happened with his back.

Honestly, no one knows so why speculate to the degree some are? I personally don't think Slash and Duff would be back in the band JUST to tour and to be told what to do and how and everything. I think they have plenty of say in things and I would like to think they would want to make some kind of new music.

None of us know the ins and outs, but I do know the band is back and playing awesome shows, and compared to recent years, the three shows we've gotten so far are usually the ones we'd be getting at the end of a year or touring.

So let's all forget about trying to figure out everything else and just enjoy what we have now and wait for everything else to come to us.

This. But at the same time, the band is literally asking for people to decide on their own how things worked out until they start doing interviews. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well Sorum ''wasn't asked'' so we know that for a fact. We can guess that Clarke was not asked also. We do not know the facts of Stradlin and Adler but if they were ''not asked'' either, it would be a fairly low maneuver, especially considering Stradlin is a founding member.

But why agree to an Axl dictatorship - why sell your friends out - in fact don't answer that (chh ching)? Burying your band loyalties just because of Axl's peculiarities is the very definition of lacking integrity.

What's weird is the obsession that people have over Gilby Clark and Matt Sorum.  They're not coming back, so get over it.  It has nothing to do with "integrity".  You are pouting because you didn't get your way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bridge school said:

What's weird is the obsession that people have over Gilby Clark and Matt Sorum.  They're not coming back, so get over it.  It has nothing to do with "integrity".  You are pouting because you didn't get your way.

And if Gilby, Matt, Adler or Izzy were back in the band people would complain about Richard and Frank not being in :D 

38 minutes ago, Bridge school said:

It is replies like this, appearing here since the reunion, that I have found off-putting; it is as if you are not allowed whatsoever to criticise any aspect of this reunion thing, and that you are somehow insane to not be carried away by the general hyperbole. Criticise and you get bombarded with posts like this. I'm sorry but I am always going to prefer Matt and Gilby over Frank and Richard because they were members of the old band, and in the case of Matt Sorum, played on Use Your Illusion.

• Like 1