Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

56 minutes ago, nn18 said:

Idk, hopefully not. These are people who haven't spoken for 20 years, their relationship may still be very fargile.....

Yes but the fences were mended a year or two ago, slash came out in mid 2015 that he and axl were Back on talking terms so obviously they had worked out their differences well in advance. It's not as if they only started talking the day of the troubadour concert. So, things aren't as bleak as they may seem.

1 hour ago, gooner14 said:

Yes but the fences were mended a year or two ago, slash came out in mid 2015 that he and axl were Back on talking terms so obviously they had worked out their differences well in advance. It's not as if they only started talking the day of the troubadour concert. So, things aren't as bleak as they may seem.

True that. No way they would book a tour if they didn't work out all of their differences, and no way Axl would agree to play with Slash if he didn't truely left the past behind and forgave him and eachother what they thought should be forgiven. It's just hard to regain trust in someone you haven't spoken for years. But on the other hand, they practicly grew up together, shared booze and what not, so they should know eachother that well 

3 hours ago, nn18 said:

True that. No way they would book a tour if they didn't work out all of their differences, and no way Axl would agree to play with Slash if he didn't truely left the past behind and forgave him and eachother what they thought should be forgiven. It's just hard to regain trust in someone you haven't spoken for years. But on the other hand, they practicly grew up together, shared booze and what not, so they should know eachother that well 

True. Besides, life is too short to spend it on petty issues. If they make new music, great. If they just tour and all we get are live videos, then great again. Can't be bothered like that. Besides, the magic of GN'R is and always will be from 87-93, they won't ever be able to top that.

4 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Fernando is fucking moron if he even touched me he will be on his way to hospital not to that event. Being late is lame excuse, start in time and you won't be late and taking selfie takes 5 secs. If you are late it's your fault not fans fault he could told him you can get selfie after event we are late you don't have to be rude. He needs to learn some manners fuckface.

Apparently they were on their way back as well.

Rolling Stone says this is legit.  Just saw it reported on cable news, it's probably getting more attention now than it ever would before.

While a rep for Guns N' Roses declined to comment, Rolling Stone has confirmed the authenticity of the notice.  

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-issues-takedown-notice-over-fat-axl-photo-20160606

Edited by Funky.Monkey

49 minutes ago, Funky.Monkey said:

Rolling Stone says this is legit.  Just saw it reported on cable news, it's probably getting more attention now than it ever would before.

While a rep for Guns N' Roses declined to comment, Rolling Stone has confirmed the authenticity of the notice.  

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-issues-takedown-notice-over-fat-axl-photo-20160606

If he doesn't like fat pictures to appear, why doesn't he work out and stay in shape lol 

39 minutes ago, gooner14 said:

If he doesn't like fat pictures to appear, why doesn't he work out and stay in shape lol 

Well He's doin' that now isnt He.... Beside back then Axl didnt know if His pic will becomes meme... 

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well He's doin' that now isnt He.... Beside back then Axl didnt know if His pic will becomes meme... 

Well all the official pictures that do come out of the GN'R camp concerning axl are usually doctored in a way that he either appears thin or his multiple chins have also been covered in one way or another (hail Photoshop).

Hence, if he is so concerned , just work out dude or embrace it. Simple.

• Like 1

Everyone has a bad picture or at least wouldn't want a bad picture available for others to see. So I understand it from that level. I also understand what others are saying which is sometimes it's ok to let sleeping dogs lie. Being a celebrity really magnifies scrutiny I think because you are so out there for others. The internet is in the process of unifying us but along the way you are going to run into some bad people who want to remain in judgement of "them" or "the others". 

If you could pluck yourself momentarily from who you think you are, which i presume to be GNR fan, someone who works, someone who likes music, someone who goes to school, someone who eats pizza; If you could for a second only witness that. Go "out of body" and just witness yourself being as opposed to identifying with the "actor" who loves pizza or music, or is a student, etc. 

From that perspective everything becomes clear and undisguised. You are no longer zoomed in on the "storm cloud" picture of your life, but have zoomed out to see that storm cloud is surrounded by a bright blue sky.

In doing this it puts things like bullying, name calling, and general shittiness humans sometimes exhibit in perspective. At what level is a meme using a poorly angled photo of Axl, coupled with a fat joke ok from an inclusion level of not wanting to hurt others? If I am in a grocery store and see a fat person shopping for pie would it be appropriate for me to make fun of that? I think reasonably you could say no because ultimately you are sending negative emotions into the universe. 

A little off topic, but it gets at the greater point. Take Forensic files as another example. Why I can sit and watch that show with intrigue I'll never understand, because if I heard the screams of murder coming from next door that changes everything. So it's like this separation we have from each other through technology is creating negative feelings or making us act in ways we normally wouldn't if we didn't have this separation on TV or the internet. But I still see the whole spectrum of the blue sky that this technology is ringing in.

But the illusion of separation is but an illusion. In reality we are all connected in some way, like trees. Try to look at people like a tree. When you look at trees in a forest you don't notice how that one didn't get enough sun which is why it's tilted, or that one is half dead with dry leaves, you just see trees. Without judgement. So practice turning people into trees and you'll see that's much more exhilarating than a bad picture of a celebrity with an oatmeal joke meme.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Everyone has a bad picture or at least wouldn't want a bad picture available for others to see. So I understand it from that level. I also understand what others are saying which is sometimes it's ok to let sleeping dogs lie. Being a celebrity really magnifies scrutiny I think because you are so out there for others. The internet is in the process of unifying us but along the way you are going to run into some bad people who want to remain in judgement of "them" or "the others". 

If you could pluck yourself momentarily from who you think you are, which i presume to be GNR fan, someone who works, someone who likes music, someone who goes to school, someone who eats pizza; If you could for a second only witness that. Go "out of body" and just witness yourself being as opposed to identifying with the "actor" who loves pizza or music, or is a student, etc. 

From that perspective everything becomes clear and undisguised. You are no longer zoomed in on the "storm cloud" picture of your life, but have zoomed out to see that storm cloud is surrounded by a bright blue sky.

In doing this it puts things like bullying, name calling, and general shittiness humans sometimes exhibit in perspective. At what level is a meme using a poorly angled photo of Axl, coupled with a fat joke ok from an inclusion level of not wanting to hurt others? If I am in a grocery store and see a fat person shopping for pie would it be appropriate for me to make fun of that? I think reasonably you could say no because ultimately you are sending negative emotions into the universe. 

A little off topic, but it gets at the greater point. Take Forensic files as another example. Why I can sit and watch that show with intrigue I'll never understand, because if I heard the screams of murder coming from next door that changes everything. So it's like this separation we have from each other through technology is creating negative feelings or making us act in ways we normally wouldn't if we didn't have this separation on TV or the internet. But I still see the whole spectrum of the blue sky that this technology is ringing in.

But the illusion of separation is but an illusion. In reality we are all connected in some way, like trees. Try to look at people like a tree. When you look at trees in a forest you don't notice how that one didn't get enough sun which is why it's tilted, or that one is half dead with dry leaves, you just see trees. Without judgement. So practice turning people into trees and you'll see that's much more exhilarating than a bad picture of a celebrity with an oatmeal joke meme.

so that's why you got a tree in your profile pic right?

I’ll break down what we actually learned here:

1. Axl has always been keen to work on a film soundtrack and may do so in the future, saying ‘I was more interested in that than staying in Guns N’ Roses’.
  2. Axl does regular vocal exercises and has resumed work with a vocal coach he had stopped working with 20 years prior, since the Back In Black material is particularly demanding.
  3. Axl has a varied music taste and particularly enjoys Frank Sinatra, but doesn’t see too much branching into genres such as jazz.
  4. Axl apparently made a concious effort to make his voice ‘clearer’ for the Chinese Democracy album which he feels people did not respond to.
  5. Axl is working on new music which has been received positively by Duff McKagan and Slash.
  6. There no plans for a solo album.
  7. Axl may release his own book.
  8. Axl believes that Slash fabricated some details in his book and told him so over the phone when they patched things up in 2015.
  9. Axl feels that he and Angus Young have good chemistry and is open to working on new music with him.
  10. Slash’s new work ethic impressed Axl, as he and Duff learned the Chinese Democracy material without being prompted.
  11. There are definite plans for a Guns N’ Roses tour in the UK
  12. The current Guns N’ Roses arrangement is one that Axl hopes to keep ‘going for quite a while’
  13. In retrospect, Axl believes he should have self-released more music rather than use a large record label.

Source: https://sahirftw.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/an-evening-with-axl-rose/

6 minutes ago, gooner14 said:

I’ll break down what we actually learned here:

1. Axl has always been keen to work on a film soundtrack and may do so in the future, saying ‘I was more interested in that than staying in Guns N’ Roses’.
  2. Axl does regular vocal exercises and has resumed work with a vocal coach he had stopped working with 20 years prior, since the Back In Black material is particularly demanding.
  3. Axl has a varied music taste and particularly enjoys Frank Sinatra, but doesn’t see too much branching into genres such as jazz.
  4. Axl apparently made a concious effort to make his voice ‘clearer’ for the Chinese Democracy album which he feels people did not respond to.
  5. Axl is working on new music which has been received positively by Duff McKagan and Slash.
  6. There no plans for a solo album.
  7. Axl may release his own book.
  8. Axl believes that Slash fabricated some details in his book and told him so over the phone when they patched things up in 2015.
  9. Axl feels that he and Angus Young have good chemistry and is open to working on new music with him.
  10. Slash’s new work ethic impressed Axl, as he and Duff learned the Chinese Democracy material without being prompted.
  11. There are definite plans for a Guns N’ Roses tour in the UK
  12. The current Guns N’ Roses arrangement is one that Axl hopes to keep ‘going for quite a while’
  13. In retrospect, Axl believes he should have self-released more music rather than use a large record label.

Source: https://sahirftw.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/an-evening-with-axl-rose/

tums n' roses Fuming GNR star Axl Rose is demanding Google remove an unflattering image of him that’s prompted scores of memes mocking his weight

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1248998/fuming-gnr-star-axl-rose-is-demanding-google-remove-an-unflattering-image-of-him-thats-prompted-scores-of-memes-mocking-his-weight/

Tums N' Roses haha. You've got to love The Sun.

22 hours ago, nonok said:

You sure?

Well, that certainly was one big, long gestating giant poop that he took his time with, and finally shat out - to very obvious relief.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1