Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

I've never really seen the fuss around that image. Maybe it's my eyesight but I see plenty of equally unflattering ones where he looks out of shape, both from that period and the past few months.

Talkin about fit and manly body shape + the wish of Google deleting it...

unflattering-beyonce-10.jpg

Axl should just Google Gwen Stefani and then he will see that he is fine...botox sucks.

gwen-stefani-botox-468942.jpg

Edited by maxpax

2 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

I've never really seen the fuss around that image. Maybe it's my eyesight but I see plenty of equally unflattering ones where he looks out of shape, both from that period and the past few months.

It's been made into a WAY bigger deal now. Whomever decided to put the request for removal in caused a way bigger shit storm than the original picture ever did.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

Wow, we get a 30 second behind the scenes video from the band and there's zero fanfare on here. I guess hype really has died down :lol:

Not too surprising. I think the last few videos posted mostly only got a few comments about the lack of live music. 

The Axl Q&A is more interesting to mull over and the picture-ageddon is more complaint/mock worthy. Two things that would get the big responses.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

Wow, we get a 30 second behind the scenes video from the band and there's zero fanfare on here. I guess hype really has died down :lol:

Looks like its influenced by the AC/DC gear video they had on Facebook before the Lisbon show.

46 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

I thought that one was pretty lame. Just a bunch of cables and road cases... And the Jungle intro again. They're wearing that fucker thin. Some live footage & crowd shots are more interesting. Or maybe some of the band at rehearsal with their instruments or even taking a break! Cable coils don't do a helluva lot for me...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's been made into a WAY bigger deal now. Whomever decided to put the request for removal in caused a way bigger shit storm than the original picture ever did.

Yeah, it's up on CNN, with this headline...

Trying to rid the world of 'Fat Axl'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/08/entertainment/axl-rose-photo-fat-axl/

1 hour ago, tajandreas said:

Footage of instruments and cables doesn't do much for me lol

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Footage of instruments and cables doesn't do much for me lol

If either the audio or the video were from rehearsals with musicians, we'd forget the whole China Exchange thing ever happened. But old studio recordings and the word "GUNS N' ROSES" printed on guitar cases just aren't interesting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

Yeah, it's up on CNN, with this headline...

Trying to rid the world of 'Fat Axl'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/08/entertainment/axl-rose-photo-fat-axl/

It has gone viral. Is Axl really that idiotic, pursuing this, especially now he is doing some good stuff again with AC/DC, or is he that ill-advised by his management? Any idiot could have predicted this merely bringing renewed life to a rather old internet joke - if I'm honest. If you hadn't seen that picture before, you certainly will now!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Every time you start wondering whether Axl might've turned a corner in life he does something like this to remind you just how big a cock he really is, it's hilairious :lol:

Remember when he tried to sue that computer game company because their game, containing Guns N' Roses music, had Slash on it? He lost and had to pay millions. The guy loses every lawsuit he ever pursues!!

You'd think will all that money, all the attention he could still garner being who he is, all the oppertunity for artistic expression, all the crumpet out there that'd give him a tumble the last thing you would be is that insecure over a couple of unflattering photos.  The worst thing is they were more of a thing closer to the time they actually occured, like you say he's just bringing more attention on em. 

• Like 1

He really does sabotage himself so spectacularly well. Oh well, he's used to it I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

It's been a bad month or so in regards to selfie/autograph hunters and ginger people. Josh Homme nearly killed one recently.

Really? What did he do? :lol:

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The autograph ban also made him look like a cock. This backfired spectacularly with Ringo.

I wonder if he does these things on purpose. Every tour he does, my news feed is full of him, he becomes the most talked about rock star on all rock music related pages, good or bad. 

When he's off tour you hear nothing. 

EDIT: obviously not the meme thing though. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders