Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Nah. If there's one for Axl & Duff, there'll be one for Slash. I'm certain all of them will be the same as Dizzy's though. A lot of "It's great to be back. This is a great lineup. It's been fun. The crowds have been great" etc etc 

Just for the sake of argument let's say you are right. Who cares about a one minute video of Axl, Slash and Duff saying pretty much nothing? Fans want to know about a possible new album, a new DVD, Izzy or if they spend time together off the stage. If they don't say anything important. All we are gonna get here is stuff like "Axl is fat, no he is not. His hat sucks, no it doesn't. I miss Buckethead. I miss Fink"

• Like 2

Just now, Padme said:

Just for the sake of argument let's say you are right. Who cares about a one minute video of Axl, Slash and Duff saying pretty much nothing? Fans want to know about a possible new album, a new DVD, Izzy or if they spend time together off the stage.

Don't forget where's Izzy? and Why Frank? ;)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Right now I'm betting this is an attempt to promote Dizzy/Melissa/Fortus/Frank to the fans and that those are the people we'll get these videos with. I wouldn't count on getting one with even Axl or Duff, but let's wait and see, because I hope to be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me.

Exactly. I guess I meant to say if we get one, we'll get all three but I'd say we'll get everyone but the big three. IF we get one from each of the big three, I'm assuming it'll just be what I was saying before. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2017 at 10:23 PM, rendestroi95 said:

I agree with both of you, and i also agree that Axl is the LAST person who can say something about that. Let's keep the trump hate away from the facts...

Why? Axl didn't run for president nor is he the Pres Elect. Axl is a citizen of this country and as such has a right to say something. 

Just because he's changed his mind on something means nothing. Again because he doesn't affect a whole country. Also Axl had a valid reason and changed his mind years later. 

Axl changing his mind about Slash/reunion has nothing to do with Trump our soon to be president. Not sure how anyone can say Axl doesn't have a right or is the last who should say something based off him changing his mind on something.

I'm sure we've all changed our minds in life before on something, but none of us has the power of president behind us.

18 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Well neither am I but he's posted his opinion several times over and over like the rest of Hollywood shoving their anti trump opinions down our throats. I respect his opinion but after a while it's just nonsensical whining. That's the real sad part here, and unfortunately we can't move on to other things he needs to focus on like fixing the issue with Izzy or writing new music.. so yeah. Still not a good look for Axl 

But see it should be equal rights. You never hear anyone crying about people who support Trump making posts. 

If you don't like Axl's or any other celebrities views and opinions just scroll on by. It's as easy as that. As citizens of the US they have rights too even if they are public figures. 

We're not gonna always agree with everything that celebrities say we're a diverse people and that's fine but to say they should be doing this or that is riduloous. It took him mere seconds to type a tweet. That's not cutting into working on band things. 

Celebrities are human beings too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

No....it's a minute of him sitting on the couch saying "hey, I take a shot of jäger and then we go out and play this great rock show."

its not an interview and it completely lacks substance.

Poor Dizzy, no respect :lol:

I did like how he said "you have the really strong nucleus of the original band and a strong supporting cast". I like that phrasing a lot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BOSSY78 said:

But see it should be equal rights. You never hear anyone crying about people who support Trump making posts. 

Actually we do, every single day all over social media. That alone makes everything else you've said hard to take seriously. I don't care how many of you try to shove that idea of "Axls completely right" down my throat, those of you all defending Axl also happen to dislike trump. That's fine but again, Axl just looks foolish. He goes after pence and trump for wanting an apology and being overly sensitive, when he's too busy whining over fat Axl memes because he's being overly sensitive himself.

Besides we've already moved on from this onto Melissa Reese and how she's a waste of space in Guns N' Roses and how dizzy is a boob so... 

20 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Poor Dizzy, no respect :lol:

I did like how he said "you have the really strong nucleus of the original band and a strong supporting cast". I like that phrasing a lot.

Well I mean I respect dizzy and there's no reason he shouldn't be there, I just think it's funny him being kind of silly with some of his responses.

Personally, I think dizzys the one member of this band who deserves a medal just for putting up with Axl all of these years and sticking by gnr. It really is no easy task but, he has incredible patience. 

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Well I mean I respect dizzy and there's no reason he shouldn't be there, I just think it's funny him being kind of silly with some of his responses.

Personally, I think dizzys the one member of this band who deserves a medal just for putting up with Axl all of these years and sticking by gnr. It really is no easy task but, he has incredible patience. 

It's true, and I've never heard much about Dizzy's and Axl's relationship..I wonder if they get along..or the reason it works is because they don't interact much.

30 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

It's true, and I've never heard much about Dizzy's and Axl's relationship..I wonder if they get along..or the reason it works is because they don't interact much.

He has said that he agrees with everything Axl says and does, and even when he has some doubts Axl convinces him with his arguments :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Dizzy always has seemed like a really laid back kind of guy to me ;)

I think it's mostly gratitude, because Axl gave him a job when he was starving and insisted on keeping him despite the objections from the rest of the band (Slash and Izzy have admitted that they treated Dizzy like shit in the beginning because they didn't want a keyboardist). Another thing is that Dizzy seems to "know his place" (ie. that he is an employee) and not be opinionated, unlike Matt Sorum for example. During the clashes in the band in the mid 90s Dizzy obviously took Axl's side but he never provoked Slash and Duff (at least they haven't said anything negative about his attitude), he was doing what Axl told him and kept his mouth shut.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3