OFFICIAL "The AWESOME" OSAKA Japan 12/16 Show Thread!

djtripp20

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, just calm down. It's been 2 days since the concert...

Stuff will start showing up, but as of now, the people that went to the show don't owe us anything.

They payed money to go back Axl and the rest of the band perform a kick ass set-list. They didn't pay money to go and film or record anything for the people who don't go and just watch the clips on YouTube. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who absolutely hates trying to film anything at a concert. I'll take a few pictures from time to time, but I could give a damn about filming or recording. I'd much rather jump, sing, dance, and enjoy the show.

Stuff will start showing up, but as of now, the people that went to the show don't owe us anything.

They payed money to go back Axl and the rest of the band perform a kick ass set-list. They didn't pay money to go and film or record anything for the people who don't go and just watch the clips on YouTube. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who absolutely hates trying to film anything at a concert. I'll take a few pictures from time to time, but I could give a damn about filming or recording. I'd much rather jump, sing, dance, and enjoy the show.

No Black Sabbath. That's bullshit. Those fuckers owe us.

No Black Sabbath. That's bullshit. Those fuckers owe us.

Agreed. Let's go find them and kick ass.

this is starting to piss me off. sure the guys having a good time but these are the only videos we have of the "greatest setlist ever" or one of anyway. and its not the guys fault for that but its a fact some people are holding out on us.

with the pro shot vids its gets me thinking there will be a DVD or atleast quality pro shots vids on u tube simillar to rock am ring 2006.

Man, nobody is "owed" bootlegs from any show, ever. No need to get pissed off about it, it's almost as though you feel you have an entitlement to recieving recordings from a concert you didn't pay to attend.

Good boots from any show are a bonus, not a right. Here's to hoping we get some from this gig! :thumbsup:

someone said, 'record off the video screen.' where are those perfect vids? i'm surprised we don't have anything

Just because someone on a message board said it doesn't mean the thousands of people at the show saw it, or would even listen.

As I said earlier, a lot of people could give a damn about recording and would much rather get their money's worth and have a good time without having to worry about holding a camera throughout the night.

this is starting to piss me off. sure the guys having a good time but these are the only videos we have of the "greatest setlist ever" or one of anyway. and its not the guys fault for that but its a fact some people are holding out on us.

with the pro shot vids its gets me thinking there will be a DVD or atleast quality pro shots vids on u tube simillar to rock am ring 2006.

Man, nobody is "owed" bootlegs from any show, ever. No need to get pissed off about it, it's almost as though you feel you have an entitlement to recieving recordings from a concert you didn't pay to attend.

Good boots from any show are a bonus, not a right. Here's to hoping we get some from this gig! :thumbsup:

sure we are not owed anything. but it doesnt take alot of time, to put a a video or two of one of the songs up, that would make new GNR fans with access to a computer be happy to see them.

sure we are not owed anything. but it doesnt take alot of time, to put a a video or two of one of the songs up, that would make new GNR fans with access to a computer be happy to see them.

I love how people on this site are complaining that others are not posting bootleg videos. If you want to see the shows...go to the damn shows. Jesus, I find it to be cool that people take the time to post the media that they have been, but by no means are they "repsonsible to supply anyone" with free shit.

I knew it wouldnt be long until this site found something negative to latch onto. Now it is bootleg hoarding, and GNR holding out on video and pix.

I would rather listen to Slash being gone complaining.

I remember in 1991 when there was no internet and youtube for people watch some concerts..sometimes, you had to wait months to listen to the concert in a shit k7 or VHS, if recorded in video, which was rare.

good point. people are just so damn spoiled now. I understand that people want to see this stuff. But the undertone on entitlement is just lame. I remember supplying this site with texts from the Oakland Show (Lars played drums) and people were appreicative. Now, everyone is so damn spoiled, and want instant gratification.

this band has been as active as any major rock band over the last few years, two tours and a CD release, and some people just cant seem to be happy with it. Anyone who took the time to post videos or text setlists took time away from the shows to do us a favor, be appreciative.

I for one and more than satisfied just knowing they are touring successfully and will be waiting till then get close to my neck of the woods. Videos and pics are gravey.

Edited by cyyoung31

WOW! I can't beleive this is all we have! :no:

I mean, this Raul was having a great time, and good for him :D If I were there, I would have done exaclty what he did, singing, screaming and everything, but come on.....if you're gonna record it, at least try not to sing, or just sing all the concert and forget about recording. I mean, like someone said, this guy owes us nothing, but why was he recording it? :unsure: If it was for himself, does he want to hear himself singing or what? :huh: Cause you can hear the band and everything! It sounds great :thumbsup: , but I couldn't listen to Axl's voice! :no:

Anyway, good for Raul that had a great time, and please guys, don't insult the poor guy. He's just a big GNR fan like we are. He was just too excited to shut his mouth while recording! :rofl-lol:

I agree, it's great that he loved the show and all, but what's the point of recording/posting this stuff aside from a bit of a laugh? If anything he wasted his time and took away from the experience of the show by having to concentrate on taking the video rather than just taking in the concert.

A8R

It has nothing to do with entitlement, is boils down to the fact that when many of us attended shows we were quick to post anything we could because as GNR fans we enjoyed helping the cause and spreading the gospel. It is just a little odd that there is such a lacking of bounties from such tech-savvy nations.

It has nothing to do with entitlement, is boils down to the fact that when many of us attended shows we were quick to post anything we could because as GNR fans we enjoyed helping the cause and spreading the gospel. It is just a little odd that there is such a lacking of bounties from such tech-savvy nations.

I dont think it is odd. Most countries have more respect than the US and are more responsible. I live in the US and we are a bunch of cheating, torrent stealing MFers here. Not surprised at all that most bootlesgs come from here.

Guest Edward Rose

We need more of those clips......WE NEED A DVD!!!! rock3 rock3 rock3

I'm surprised how little we've gotten actually, especially since they obviously exist! I mean, why not the whole vid of Jungle? I really thought I would wake up this morning to find a bunch of stuff posted but really there's only evidence that there is stuff out there, no more than a few seconds actually available???

That WTTJ pro-shot looks like the B-roll from a news segment. That means it was released "in part" to a local tv news station. I can see in my head, a news segment about the concert as a news reporter is talking and that quick video clip of Live WTTJ plays, then onto other scenes out side the concert arena, etc., etc.

I seriously doubt we'll see the full video unless the band releases it at some time in the future.

Edward Rose

WOW! I can't beleive this is all we have! :no:

I mean, this Raul was having a great time, and good for him :D If I were there, I would have done exaclty what he did, singing, screaming and everything, but come on.....if you're gonna record it, at least try not to sing, or just sing all the concert and forget about recording. I mean, like someone said, this guy owes us nothing, but why was he recording it? :unsure: If it was for himself, does he want to hear himself singing or what? :huh: Cause you can hear the band and everything! It sounds great :thumbsup: , but I couldn't listen to Axl's voice! :no:

Anyway, good for Raul that had a great time, and please guys, don't insult the poor guy. He's just a big GNR fan like we are. He was just too excited to shut his mouth while recording! :rofl-lol:

I agree, it's great that he loved the show and all, but what's the point of recording/posting this stuff aside from a bit of a laugh? If anything he wasted his time and took away from the experience of the show by having to concentrate on taking the video rather than just taking in the concert.

A8R

Yep.

I dont think it is odd. Most countries have more respect than the US and are more responsible. I live in the US and we are a bunch of cheating, torrent stealing MFers here. Not surprised at all that most bootlesgs come from here.

fuck off with your American hatred. Move to one of those countries if you don't like it here.

Thanks but I don't need much insight on how other cultures live especially given how flawed your theory is. Apparently you haven't been to "most countries", on the other hand I have. South Koreans and Japanese in particular tend to obey rules and signs and direction from superiors or those with supervision. This would begin explain why we are waiting to some degree, however it is still odd in the sense that these shows were attended by many Americans and others who have similar aspirations with regard to obtaining pictures and video. As for the people, I saw a show in Korea as well as a gymnastics performance and something that resembled a block party with live entertainment. People WERE recording and taking pictures.

Actually, I see more torrents and such from other countries rather than the US sometimes.