Eminem named artist of the decade

axl_on_drums

voodoo_11_2-430x321.jpg

Rap star Eminem has been named artist of the decade by US music magazine Billboard.

He is ranked as the best performing act between 4 December 1999 and 28 November 2009 with hits including his debut My Name Is and Lose Yourself.

In total, he has had 28 entries on US chart the Hot 100 since 1999.

This made him automatically Billboard's male artist of the decade, while the female honour went to Beyonce. Nickelback were named top group.

Carey double

Beyonce has notched up 23 Hot 100 singles in the last 10 years, including Crazy In Love and If I Were A Boy.

Usher was named the top Hot 100 artist with 13 consecutive top 20 singles, including seven which went to number one. Those seven singles collectively spent 41 weeks at the top of the chart - the most weeks at number one for any act in the decade.

Mariah Carey was top of the Hot 100 songs list with We Belong Together, which spent 14 weeks at the top of the chart. She was also top of the same list the previous decade for her duet with Boyz II Men, One Sweet Day.

Timbaland was top of the Hot 100 Songwriters decade-end list - there were 63 hits written or co-written by him in the last 10 years that made the singles chart.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8424964.stm

Best of the deacde without a doubt.

Next ten are gonna be rough though :(

Too right he is :)

Nickelback being the top group though? Somehow I think not. They've had one or two well known singles, certainly not band of the decade. I think that'd go to Muse or Green Day.

Edited by Conor

Eminem is only famous because he's white. Beyonce is only famous because she has a huge ass. Nickleback are only famous because they are the biggest douche bags in the history of human civilization. They are the holy trinity of suck and the real reason why the music industry is in the toilet.

Damn kids. Get off my lawn.

EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

Eminem is only famous because he's white. Beyonce is only famous because she has a huge ass. Nickleback are only famous because they are the biggest douche bags in the history of human civilization. They are the holy trinity of suck and the real reason why the music industry is in the toilet.

Damn kids. Get off my lawn.

EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

The fail in this post is non stop.

Well I agree with you said about Nickleback

Edited by axl_on_drums

Eminem has got balls, whereas Kanye and others just stayed safe with their music. Writing a song about killing your wife, in graphic detail, was pretty brave. Marshall Mathers LP is definately one of the best of the decade.

Nickelback cater to old women, and people who find Coldplay too abrasive. Those people also buy music, I'd say real music fans don't buy as much music.

Nickelback top group? Really? REALLY?

You seem suprised by this?

i knew they were big but as far as musicianship goes i thought people would be able to recognize a few other great bands from this decade...

Yeah but arent these awards based on the billboard album sales and alike?

Which is why Nickelback did so well compared to like Green Day, Nickelback sold consistent numbers of albums through the decade whereas Green Day had a poor start with Warning and it wasnt until 2005 with American Idiot they sold alot.