Anyone find it ironic that the only solo DJ doesn't fuck up

evergreen_layne

Is Buckethead's from Sorry?

Dude cannot handle TIL, IRS, Better, second part of the main SCOM solo. They've been practicing since March there is no excuse!

I do like his crowd interaction and eye contact and all that stuff. Robin never opened up like that so its cool. But play the fuckin licks. I'm not asking for a note for note transcription but at least give us the impression the solo was meant to impart. Know what I'm sayin?

I hope he practices like hell between now and Canada cuz he needs to start nailing this.

EDIT: Its just that I can't get over this video. Worst. Solo. Ever.

Look I'm just being critical because GNR meant a lot to me at one time and if Axl insists on keeping the name he should insist on the highest quality "replacements."

Edited by evergreen_layne

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes and that is why its fucked up

BBF botches solos much more than DJ and Ron has been playing the songs since 2006

>gnr-dave

>thinks The Resistance is a good album

>Credibility: None

Coming from you that's pretty funny. "omg he likes an album i dont he sucks" Who the fuck are you to say who has any credibilty? I'd much rather read his posts than have to march through your shit each day. And more to the point of this topic, rather than my general dislike for you:-

Fuck Ashba. For every solo Finck ruined, Ashba ruins that one plus a new CD song.

Oh but since he wears a hat all the Slashfans love him.

Oh okay that's completely right. Again, I like the way you'll condemn someone who likes what was a "well-received" album that you didn't like, and then say something like this. Clearly, credibility status is something you ravish in.

DJ's much better at playing the old songs so far, but that's expected, he's a hard rock guitarist with a sound that's much similar to that of AFD than CD, we knew that anyway. The only solo I've heard him "butcher" is This I Love, and the guy just made a mistake. Of course, you've never made a mistake because you're the perfect Christ child born of a virgin under a bright golden star.

P.S Finck wore a hat as well. It made him look like a Rabbi.

Edited by Conor

yes and that is why its fucked up

BBF botches solos much more than DJ and Ron has been playing the songs since 2006

>gnr-dave

>thinks The Resistance is a good album

>Credibility: None

Funny thing is you did not dispute my comment because you know I am right.

Btw I find it funny, that people think this thread is ok yet if I made a thread about how Ron butchers his solos, all the cry babies would be calling me a hater and saying I am not a fan.

Edited by gnr-dave

I'm a big fan of Robin and I don't understand what's the problem with Ashba? the man is a great player that most of the time plays

the Gn'R stuff amazing imo... the This I Love solo is the exception so fuckin' what? how many shows did he play with Gn'R? like 4 or 5?

Some people will always complain. I for one think this band sounds better and better with each show they play. the chemistry and energy

is obviously there and the playing and Axl's voice is great... if D.J. can play that good on most of the songs, I bet he can play all the songs

on the same level given a little time to practice them on tour. it's that simple...

Edited by Rovim

Yeah but the thing is : everything aside, the TIL solo isn't really hard to play...It MIGHT be hard to play it the right way and to make it sound like Robin but to simply play it, it's really not that hard...

Can't understand why Dj can play Slash's material just fine but is having a hard time with this solo.

But as I said, other than this solo I'm glad he's in the band. :thumbsup:

The only solo DJ needs to do a couple more run-throughs on is This I Love. Other than that, I think he's doing great.

The one's here saying Ron is butchering solos, should take another listen. He's an exeptional guitar player, we've known that since the start. The only problem I had with him in 2006 was the "overplaying" of the solos. Knowing now, that he didn't have the opportunity to bring with him the unreleased material at the time to practise, he's pretty much excused for that. Like the first live performance of TWAT, you can tell there's a lot of improvisation.

Now, he nails it. Note-for-note. He was always capable, but there's only so much you can do with the material you're handed.

Edited by spirit83

Buckethead was in the band..Haters said he sucked, he sucked and wouldn't stop until he left..and when he did and BBF replaced him they were like "Omg he was so good, now BBF sucks"

Slash left, and the haters said Robin sucked--bash bash bash, everhything from his playing to his looks to his crowd persona. Now that he's gone, he was great, and his replacement Ashba is being bashed by the same people.

They won't stop until Axl retires, because that's the only thing they want

Give me a fucking break - Jeez, some of you :rolleyes:

DJ's having the time of his life playing his heart out - To date he's played a couple of poor solos but in the main he's played pretty solid and his chemistry with Axl and co is unbelievable given the short time they've spent together. As for Ron, I have to say I've never been his biggest fan but he seems to have improved ten fold. Clearly he's far more comfortable playing songs from CD rather than the GNR back catologue, that much is obvious.

The band are tight as fuck and Axl's on tip top form - Good times! :thumbsup:

Fuck Ashba. For every solo Finck ruined, Ashba ruins that one plus a new CD song.

Oh but since he wears a hat all the Slashfans love him.

you really are an idiot

because he wears a hat all the Slashfans (thats one word now, apparently) love him? you f'ckin kidding me?

well this is one fan of Slash who can't stand DJ Assfaceba, the sooner he leaves and gets replaced the better. Not only does he look like a scene girl who takes testosterone but he has a horrible ear for bending notes and he writes lame ass generic riffs with no identity, and here he is covering a bunch of Slash and Robin Finck guitar solo's, go figure...