Guns N' Roses Eligible for RnR HoF

John Bonham

Guns N' Roses will automatically become eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame if the institution changes its induction policy for 2011.

According to a report by Showbiz411, Jann Wenner, the founder and publisher of Rolling Stone and chairman of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation, is considering having the Rock Hall's charter changed so that nominees for the Hall could become eligible 20 years after their recorded debut instead of the current 25 years.

Showbiz411 claims that Wenner is looking to bring bigger and fresher names into the Hall since the list of potential "new" inductees has grown smaller.

According to the post, under the current guidelines, apart from Sting becoming eligible as a solo act, the other top "new" acts eligible include 'Til Tuesday, Chris Isaak, Suzanne Vega, and Simply Red.

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/rock-hall-may-jump-ahead-five-years-to-get-stars/

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns N' Roses will automatically become eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame if the institution changes its induction policy for 2011.

According to a report by Showbiz411, Jann Wenner, the founder and publisher of Rolling Stone and chairman of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation, is considering having the Rock Hall's charter changed so that nominees for the Hall could become eligible 20 years after their recorded debut instead of the current 25 years.

Showbiz411 claims that Wenner is looking to bring bigger and fresher names into the Hall since the list of potential "new" inductees has grown smaller.

According to the post, under the current guidelines, apart from Sting becoming eligible as a solo act, the other top "new" acts eligible include 'Til Tuesday, Chris Isaak, Suzanne Vega, and Simply Red.

http://showbiz411.bl...s-to-get-stars/

Don't see anything wrong with Guns N' Roses being inducted early except that I would feel bad if Simply Red doesn't get in... Holding Back the Years is an awesome song. It doesnt necessarily rock but is still great.

Are you kidding me? Til Tuesday, SImply Red, Chris Issak etc.. are eligible? None of these 'acts' compare to the original GnR, not even close when it comes to sales.

This just proves the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is a farce run by Jann Wenner. I think GnR should get in, when the time comes, but there are a bunch of other acts that should be in before them. IE: Rush, Journey...

Are you kidding me? Til Tuesday, SImply Red, Chris Issak etc.. are eligible? None of these 'acts' compare to the original GnR, not even close when it comes to sales.

This just proves the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is a farce run by Jann Wenner. I think GnR should get in, when the time comes, but there are a bunch of other acts that should be in before them. IE: Rush, Journey...

how about Nazareth or Triumph? Are they in the RnR HOF thing yet?

Im not so sure about Journey deserving to be in, Rush should have been a lock years ago though. And if the time after their recorded debut were reduced to 20 years then they would be eligible as soon as it passes, its already been 22 1/2 years since Appetite and just over 23 years since Live Like a Suicide. When inducted I really hope Axl shows up, Im sure that the other original 4 and maybe Matt will show.

I don't care about the Hall of Fame, but I am interested to see what goes down at the induction ceremony.

As am I. We know that Axl is dead serious about preventing the "alumni" from representing themselves as Guns N' Roses. It would be nice if, for just one night, Axl could put aside everything that went down and perform a song or two with the Appetite lineup.

But then again, I'm sure he knows that even doing one song with them would mean that the demand for a reunion tour would probably be overwhelming. Could he live with that? I don't think so. :shrugs:

I don't care about the Hall of Fame, but I am interested to see what goes down at the induction ceremony.

As am I. We know that Axl is dead serious about preventing the "alumni" from representing themselves as Guns N' Roses. It would be nice if, for just one night, Axl could put aside everything that went down and perform a song or two with the Appetite lineup.

But then again, I'm sure he knows that even doing one song with them would mean that the demand for a reunion tour would probably be overwhelming. Could he live with that? I don't think so. :shrugs:

To be honest, I'm happy enough getting great music from both sides of the equation, so I'm not fussed if they played or not, but I think it'd be cool and respectful for them to at least show up and accept it together. It'd have to be the Appetite Five though, because if you start allowing anyone else... then it becomes complicated who you allow. Sorum, Dizzy, Gilby, Tommy, Finck etc. It gets too confusing.

To be honest, I'm happy enough getting great music from both sides of the equation, so I'm not fussed if they played or not, but I think it'd be cool and respectful for them to at least show up and accept it together. It'd have to be the Appetite Five though, because if you start allowing anyone else... then it becomes complicated who you allow. Sorum, Dizzy, Gilby, Tommy, Finck etc. It gets too confusing.

or maybe we get a good fistfight out of it

or maybe we get a good fistfight out of it

Inducting GN'R would be an extremely effective marketing tool for getting people to tune in. EVERYBODY in the music industry will be glued to the screen to see who shows up and who doesn't. If Axl DOESNT show, it's a major story. If Axl DOES show with the rest of them, it be an even bigger story.

Keep in mind, these two have not been seen together in public since 1993. No matter how it ends up, it's gonna be a big media draw.

Oh, what a shocker.

Just goes to show the growing amount of degradable artists that surfaced in culture due to delusional record lables whom just signed acts to produce quick hits and money :thumbsdown:

If/when GnR are inducted, I think it will be similar to the Van Halen fiasco. Here's how I see it playing out:

Axl - would like to be there, but probably won't show up

Izzy - 50/50, but probably won't show

Slash - He'll be there

S.Adler - He'll be there if he's still alive

Duff - 50/50

Dizzy - he'll do what Axl does

Matt - he'll show up, if invited

The other guys won't be invited.

If/when GnR are inducted, I think it will be similar to the Van Halen fiasco. Here's how I see it playing out:

Slash - He'll be there

Duff - 50/50

I think it will be like the RIAA Appetite reaching times 10 platinum, with just Steven turning up

Slash - He'll be there

Duff - 50/50

I think it will be like the RIAA Appetite reaching times 10 platinum, with just Steven turning up

i think that steven, slash and duff will show up.

Izzy? maybe, who knows. It would be awesome.

Axl? hope he does. Would be great to see what would happen with him and slash in the same room. Mayeb both of them will finally act like grown ups and set their differences aside for one night and play together, the chemistry must still be there.

My money is on Slash, Duff, and Adler taking the stage to accept the award. Some other band who claims GN'R as an influence will pay tribute by playing Nightrain.

I'm betting the farm that Steven Adler cries too.

Are there rules which state the current line up can't just show up and play?

Yes.

Are you sure about that? I can distinctly remember watching the HOF induction for Blondie in '06. Debbie Harry got to play with an entire new band over the protests of her former band-mates.

Edited by appetite4illusions