Gilby In Motorcycle Crash

MicEffecT

He's not an original member, he's not a current member, he's not talking about Gn'R, why the hell this was posted here ??

im sure this will b moved soon enough. however, gilby was n Guns for 3 years. Some people may actually care about what happened to him and hope he recovers fully.

Like it or not Gibly had his part in GnR History, hope he gets better soon, broken leg sucks imo.

Exactly.

Many of us have the highest regard for Gilby and the contribution he made to GNR's live shows during the Illusions days.

And for anyone who's seen his solo shows, they're awesome. It's a shame he wasn't with GNR long enough to really showcase his incredible talent.

Terrible news about the accident, but I'm relieved he's going to be OK.

Sooo we can make Buckethead topics by this logic then in this section of the forum..?

Great choice for a thread in the newswire section.

I mean, this is so relevant to the current incarnation of GNR. Nevermind the ongoing tour.

Dead Flowers is a pretty good song though. RIP Gilby.

Wait. He's not dead? Gay.

So if Steven, Matt, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Buckethead, Paul, Brain or Robin died, it should just be looked over and not placed in the newswire? Great idea, cunt.

P.S Dead Flowers is a Rolling Stones song.

So if Steven, Matt, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Buckethead, Paul, Brain or Robin died, it should just be looked over and not placed in the newswire? Great idea, cunt.

Yes. It's the Guns N' Roses newswire, not the former members of Guns N' Roses newswire, regardless of how sad and ill-timed Buckethead and Robin Finck's passing would be.

Yes. It's the Guns N' Roses newswire, not the former members of Guns N' Roses newswire, regardless of how sad and ill-timed Buckethead and Robin Finck's passing would be.

So all the others, they're all good to pop it?

You're a culmination of countless banned members all rolled into one.

So all the others, they're all good to pop it?

You're a culmination of countless banned members all rolled into one.

So true I don't really understand forum members with no regard for past GNR members

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

He's not an original member, he's not a current member, he's not talking about Gn'R, why the hell this was posted here ??

If this was only put in the Former Gunners section, nobody would even notice. How often does anybody check that section out? Rarely do I check it.

And he was injured, it would be different if we were talking about his new album, playing at some club, etc....

I'm glad it was posted here.

.... RIP Gilby.

Wait. He's not dead? Gay.

This is WAY out of line.

If you don't like Gilby - stay out of the thread.

But wishing death on somebody - especially somebody who was part of a band you claim to love - is absolutely despicable and makes one question your psychological stability. Go outside and get some air - and stay out of this thread.

Now, back on topic.

So true I don't really understand forum members with no regard for past GNR members

Exactly. It's usually children who weren't around when GNR was the biggest band on the planet.

It's unfortunate they won't stay out of threads where they have no interest or knowledge.

Exactly. It's usually children who weren't around when GNR was the biggest band on the planet.

It's unfortunate they won't stay out of threads where they have no interest or knowledge.

Been a lot of those lately. Who knew nuGuns had such a big tween audience. And that's fine, but when they start dissing past members, and even claiming not to like Guns pre-2000, I am always left utterly baffled.

I'd rather deal with the dumbest Slash-fanatics who diss the current band at every turn, than those peeps. At least they have some taste.

Been a lot of those lately. Who knew nuGuns had such a big tween audience. And that's fine, but when they start dissing past members, and even claiming not to like Guns pre-2000, I am always left utterly baffled.

I'd rather deal with the dumbest Slash-fanatics who diss the current band at every turn, than those peeps. At least they have some taste.

After Rock Band I heard a good few emo-kids talking about Shackler's Revenge :P I think it's as much about when they started listening to Guns N' Roses, which albums, as age. For example, I was listening to Guns N' Roses a bit when I was 5 - 10, but not that much. I was born in '89, so obviously didn't experience that golden era as much as I would've liked. What I mean is, I started with Appetite and worked my way through. I guess these guys are starting with Chinese Democracy. There are plenty of 'younger' fans though who are on the same boat as any older ones. It pisses me off when some cupcakes give the rest of them (and I suppose me [20]) a bad name.

Doesn't excuse abuse like that though. I'm not Chris Pitman's biggest fan, but if the guy was in an accident I'd still wish him the best, and a speedy recovery.

These guys ain't got any respect, and that fuckin' sucks.

Here is a post Duff does on his blog about Gilby's accident.

"I got a call yesterday that my friend Gilby Clarke (a former GN'R guitarist) got in a bad motorcycle accident when a truck pulled out and took a left in front of him. When I went to see him in the hospital on Monday night, Gilby further told me that the guy in the truck just took off, leaving the scene of the accident. My friend "Biker" Tim (whom I have written about in previous columns), also got in a bike accident recently. Maybe I will sell this bike down here after all."

Here is a link to his full post. It is pretty interesting. Duff talks about ridings motorcycles during the UYI tour. http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2010/01/the_wheels_on_my_bike.php#more

Edited by rocker rockstar