Europe tour thread

Tom1447

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm - good and bad news for me.

If they don't add extra tour dates it's bad news as I don't fancy going to a festival with tree hugging hippies!

In fact: Leeds is only 100 miles away. Reading 300 miles and If they are the only X3 dates. I'll jump on a plane to Dublin and have a weekend with the feckin' fightin' Irish!!! :xmassrudolph: :tongue2:

I still maintain they will play their own dates in Europe, there is close to a two month gap between the Sweden date and Reading, there's no possible way they can fill that all in with festival dates, unless they plan to take that time off which would be counter productive in my view.

If they don't add extra tour dates it's bad news as I don't fancy going to a festival with tree hugging hippies!

no hippies at reading/leeds

Really?

It's ok - I love the Irish. RDS in 2006 was fucking brilliant (even met some sexy Robbie' fans returning from Croke Park) Good times!! :thumbsup:

yeahhh maybe 30 years ago, not these days

:rolleyes:

ok, I use the term "hippies" in general terms - I know what I mean and trust me - A good booze up with the Irish will suit me just fine!

No UK arena dates this year according to official forums announcement:

GUNS N’ ROSES TO HEADLINE

Sunday 29th August at The Leeds Festival

When Axl Rose strides on stage to headline the Reading and Leeds Festivals this August he is introducing one of the most outstanding, successful and controversial rock bands we have seen in the last 25 years. An acclaimed and thrilling live act, GUNS N’ ROSES’ countless hits have become soundtracks for music fans all over the world. The band played a spectacular show at Leeds Festival in 2002 and this is incredibly their first ever appearance at Reading. Their latest album ‘Chinese Democracy’ was number one in 13 countries and has received countless awards all over the world. This is their only UK appearance this year.

http://forums.leedsfestival.com/m1269024.aspx

I'll be praying Guns play some other UK dates before or after the festival. If their headling slots are indeed their only UK dates this year I will try so hard to see them perform.

Guest RonMexico82

If they come to Ireland it will be either the RDS again or the new O2 arena or it will be Slane. Whoever does Leeds/Reading usually headlines Slane.

yeahhh maybe 30 years ago, not these days

:rolleyes:

ok, I use the term "hippies" in general terms - I know what I mean and trust me - A good booze up with the Irish will suit me just fine!

Yea man, you gotta love the irish.

If they come to Ireland it will be either the RDS again or the new O2 arena or it will be Slane. Whoever does Leeds/Reading usually headlines Slane.

It could be Slane.

Slane's booked for the 28th and GNR are playing in the UK on the 27th and 29th, with some hard work and careful planning it can be done :shrugs:

It's funny, I was joking with people after the last fest that Guns would headline the next one, I never in a million years thought it would come true.

same mate, i never ever thought id get too see gn'r at reading. and the libertines! i do seriously hope though they come on, on time. It wouldnt bother me at their own gig. but id hate for it to go nasty at reading..