Europe tour thread

Tom1447

5th June: Finland

12th June: Sweden

Over a two months inbetween.

27th August: Reading

29th: Leeds.

There aren't enough festivals in Europe to fill in that gap between June the 12th and August the 27th, that to me implies they will be doing their own dates.

I think so as well....I mean with 2 or 3 opener bands they have their own little festival anyways...

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5th June: Finland

12th June: Sweden

Over a two months inbetween.

27th August: Reading

29th: Leeds.

There aren't enough festivals in Europe to fill in that gap between June the 12th and August the 27th, that to me implies they will be doing their own dates.

I think so as well....I mean with 2 or 3 opener bands they have their own little festival anyways...

Yeah, here's hoping! :) Althought I'd like to see 2 opening bands maximum, Baz and another band. Oh well, what am I saying, I just need to see GNR, and this is still in limbo.

If this is really their only UK date then I'm pretty pissed off to say the least.

Why should I have to pay £200 to see a bunch of bands I couldn't care less about when the only band I care about seeing is GNR?

+1 i hope they announce some of their own tour dates,

Wouldn't it be exactly the right time to announce dates for June?

I can hardly imagine them doing any dates in June if they are not announced within the next 10 days.

Hammersmith Apollo in 2006 in London june 7th wasn't announced till May.

I really don't know how they'd fill the two months without it resulting in a massive european tour.

I think its plausible that we could either get some UK dates June/July ish, and then a return for Leeds Fest, or even a full on kick-your-fucking-european-ass tour, with UK dates after Reading/Leeds.

They could take a break, but I'm not so sure they'd do it BEFORE the european leg.

It's a guessing game, but I'd like to think GN'R are intent on full-on global domination this time around.

Edited by Azazel

I really don't know how they'd fill the two months without it resulting in a massive european tour.

I think its plausible that we could either get some UK dates June/July ish, and then a return for Leeds Fest, or even a full on kick-your-fucking-european-ass tour, with UK dates after Reading/Leeds.

They could take a break, but I'm not so sure they'd do it BEFORE the european leg.

It's a guessing game, but I'd like to think GN'R are intent on full-on global domination this time around.

Or they play those 2 dates in june, fly back to the U.S to jump into the studio and get back to Europe mid august.

Or they play those 2 dates in june, fly back to the U.S to jump into the studio and get back to Europe mid august.

I guess we´ll get more dates in several weeks ... hope so ...

The editor of Hotpress (Irelands top music mag) was on the radio earlier talking about all the latest news and gossip. He said that there was a strong rumour that Guns N Roses will come to Ireland in summer, but didn't mention where. DIdn't really like his tone "Guns n Roses are strongly rumoured to be coming to Ireland this summer, if Axl can be bothered to turn up". Anyway I would guess that this rumour has come from within the music industry here, as he usually has pretty reliable sources.

In regards to GNR playing Ireland, I've heard strong rumours of them playing Slane again, along with a big opening act.

Yeah heard that too,which would b e great. But maybe it's not a great idea, too many casual or old school fans and that could be a disaster. I'm hoping for a show in Dublin and one in Belfast, then I have my own mini tour!

Edited by no1gooner