Europe tour thread

Tom1447

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they come to Ireland it will be either the RDS again or the new O2 arena or it will be Slane. Whoever does Leeds/Reading usually headlines Slane.

It could be Slane.

Slane's booked for the 28th and GNR are playing in the UK on the 27th and 29th, with some hard work and careful planning it can be done :shrugs:

I doubt it...?

R.

I got a Friday Reading ticket just for GN'R. There are few bands I would pay pretty much £90 for but Guns are one of them! I guess there may be other dates but I don't want to risk it, back in '06 I couldn't go to the Wembley gig even though I had the ticket in my hand and have waited four years for another opportunity so I won't be missing this!

90 quid for one day??!?!?!?

I paid 60 quid for the whole weekend the first time I went in 1994

Well it's £75 but those pesky fees bring it up to £87 and that's inflation for you. It's a shame they aren't doing Download though as I'm going there and would rather have Guns than Aerosmith.

cant see it. 3 big big gigs back to back. Not happening.

http://www.glasswerk.ie/features/ireland/7939/Irish+Festival+Fever

Still dont think this is a goer!

It isn't impossible but it would be a logistical pain in the ass and possibly a struggle for axl to do 3 massive shows in 72 hours. Im not against it, really hope ireland gets some shows, i was there in 06 at the rds and it was great! I just think it may be too much to ask.

Reading may get a shortened set list, leeds a fucked up voice and grumpy axl! not a good combo for a potentially difficult crowd!

I can't see GNR playing Slane with two HUGE gigs the night before and night after. Kings of Leon are likely to play I reckon. They're the "popular" choice unfortunately. Hopefully we'll get a show at a different date. The Ambassador would be great but doubt the stage would fit in so I guess it would be the O2.

Guest RonMexico82

I can't see GNR playing Slane with two HUGE gigs the night before and night after. Kings of Leon are likely to play I reckon. They're the "popular" choice unfortunately. Hopefully we'll get a show at a different date. The Ambassador would be great but doubt the stage would fit in so I guess it would be the O2.

Thomond Park In Limerick would be cool.

Guest RonMexico82

It has just been announced that there will be no concert at Slane this year which leaves the O2 and the RDS as possible venues. Fuck I was hoping Guns would play Slane again.

Guest RonMexico82

Henry Mountcharles said that he was aware of campaigns on Facebook for Kings of Leon and AC/DC to headline. If Guns are going to be touring next summer I'd love to get a campaign going for them to headline Slane.

Damn it, thought slane was a serious possibility this year.I really hate the way slane is very stop start and not a certainty every year.Oh well here's to seeing them in the RDS or punchestown, really don't want to see them in the o2.

Why are you all focusing on the REPUBLIC of IRELAND? It's perfectly plausible for GNR to come to Northern Ireland - I can't remember the last time they were even here, if at all.

If you think GNR are too 'big' to come to NI then you should know that Metallica are playing two sell-out shows in Odyssey Arena this May, and they're currently a much bigger band than GNR.