Europe tour thread

Tom1447

I can't see GNR playing Slane with two HUGE gigs the night before and night after. Kings of Leon are likely to play I reckon. They're the "popular" choice unfortunately. Hopefully we'll get a show at a different date. The Ambassador would be great but doubt the stage would fit in so I guess it would be the O2.

Thomond Park In Limerick would be cool.

Anywhere down south would be nice ;) I guess it will be O2 if any though,

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you all focusing on the REPUBLIC of IRELAND? It's perfectly plausible for GNR to come to Northern Ireland - I can't remember the last time they were even here, if at all.

If you think GNR are too 'big' to come to NI then you should know that Metallica are playing two sell-out shows in Odyssey Arena this May, and they're currently a much bigger band than GNR.

so what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and know only you care about the ni

Wonder if/when any more UK dates will be announced. I'm guessing after the Friday/Sunday for Reading/Leeds has sold out. Hopefully there will be a small(ish) warm up show for Reading like there was with Hammersmith in 2006 for Download. If the Reading sales go well I'm hoping for a show at The O2 in London. Although there was around a month between the Download show and the arena shows in '06 and by mid/end September I should have moved to Cardiff. Still can get to London fairly easily though. Seeing as how I missed out in 2006 I'm going to try and get tickets to whatever London shows there are. Whenever GN'R tour it feels like it may be the last time to see them. :(

Why are you all focusing on the REPUBLIC of IRELAND? It's perfectly plausible for GNR to come to Northern Ireland - I can't remember the last time they were even here, if at all.

If you think GNR are too 'big' to come to NI then you should know that Metallica are playing two sell-out shows in Odyssey Arena this May, and they're currently a much bigger band than GNR.

I'm from Northern Ireland but would still rather see them in the south. The Odyssey just isn't that great a venue imo.

Because I don't want to have to travel all the way to Belfast to see them. Duh!

Guest RonMexico82

Maybe because that is where I live. I have no desire to go to NI. for anything ever.

I'm not going to get my hopes up for an Irish date but I'm hopefully going to Reading. I just need to sell my body some to get the money to afford to.

An Irish date would be amazing...I don't see why there'd be a Belfast date but shit it only costs you a tenner to get to Dublin and back so so what?

That's not true at all, just because you don't care doesn't mean you speak for everyone. Although Guns have never been to Northern Ireland, the Odyssey Arena would be a good venue to play. Rarely do big bands not play shows in Northern Ireland actually. That said, I doubt they will, RDS or O2 is much more likely.

That's not true at all, just because you don't care doesn't mean you speak for everyone. Although Guns have never been to Northern Ireland, the Odyssey Arena would be a good venue to play. Rarely do big bands not play shows in Northern Ireland actually. That said, I doubt they will, RDS or O2 is much more likely.

II would love to see both Dublin and Belfast.Never been in the Odyssey or o2. Was at Guns in Slane and RDS. From what I have heard the sound in the o2 is excellent,so that may be best option.2 packed houses in the o2 and Odyssey would be better than a 3/4 full RDS or a Slane shared with other headliners.

Edited by no1gooner

This is slightly related to GN'R I guess. I've just seen that Blink 182 (Leeds and Reading other headliners) have announced two Scottish dates the week or so before the festival. So it does show that the headliners aren't UK exclusive to Leeds and Reading, so fingers crossed Axl and co add some arena dates (at least in Scotland).

Hope this wasn't posted before.

This is slightly related to GN'R I guess. I've just seen that Blink 182 (Leeds and Reading other headliners) have announced two Scottish dates the week or so before the festival. So it does show that the headliners aren't UK exclusive to Leeds and Reading, so fingers crossed Axl and co add some arena dates (at least in Scotland).

Hope this wasn't posted before.

Blink 182 are also doing Dublin..

But Dublin is in Republic of Ireland, not UK so usually bands will play there around their festival headline date (like GN'R in 2006). Scotland usually doesn't get dates if a band headlines Reading, Leeds, Download etc..

No as someone said earlier in the thread in 2006 they announced European dates in May when the tour started in June. There is plenty of time. It is not as if the Asia and South/ Central America shows had been announced about 6 months before.

No as someone said earlier in the thread in 2006 they announced European dates in May when the tour started in June. There is plenty of time. It is not as if the Asia and South/ Central America shows had been announced about 6 months before.

Wasn't their last UK stint in through July? There's still time right?

Wasn't their last UK stint in through July? There's still time right?

Yeah they did the festivals in June then Arena tour in July on '06 and the dates were not announced until May an bearing in mind they are booked in June and August there will be more dates but obviously not solid dates, would expect a break or two along the run.

I think it's too late for summer dates already. But what will they do in this two months break? Recording maybe? :question:

No it isn't. In 2006 we didn't know about Hammersmith until May and the gig was in June followed by dates all round the UK in July.

Soon is the word...........ha ha! :lol:

I think it's too late for summer dates already. But what will they do in this two months break? Recording maybe? :question:

No it isn't. In 2006 we didn't know about Hammersmith until May and the gig was in June followed by dates all round the UK in July.

Soon is the word...........ha ha! :lol:

The most of dates in 2006 were announced in March, so I'm starting to be a bit worried. :huh:

Edited by DanielitoCZ