Europe tour thread

Tom1447

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the most likely time for England Arena dates as being Before reading, so the 2nd leg would sart in the UK round mid august, do some Arena dates, then play Reading/leeds, then Ireland then hop over to mainland Europe., dont you guys think this will happen? seems the most likely, i cant see them only doing reading tbh. Just need to wait for Promoters to give info, i mean the Ireland shows were only announced yesterday.

Okay I can see what people are saying about English dates but when the Reading and Leeds dates were announced it was made clear that those are their only English dates this year so I don't know why people are getting their hopes up as it probably won't happen.

I see the most likely time for England Arena dates as being Before reading, so the 2nd leg would sart in the UK round mid august, do some Arena dates, then play Reading/leeds, then Ireland then hop over to mainland Europe., dont you guys think this will happen? seems the most likely, i cant see them only doing reading tbh. Just need to wait for Promoters to give info, i mean the Ireland shows were only announced yesterday.

I REALLY hope there are some arena shows. The O2 arena in Greenwhich would be awsome. Wembley can be quite annoying to get to. Although didn't the Reading site say that Leeds/Reading are their only UK appearances. Ireland afterall isn't in the UK.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Okay I can see what people are saying about English dates but when the Reading and Leeds dates were announced it was made clear that those are their only English dates this year so I don't know why people are getting their hopes up as it probably won't happen.

Nahh. They were probably just exaggerating when they said that, they probably meant Only festival. someone said a while back that apparently in 06, download's website said that it was gnrs only uk appearance in 06, and look what ahppened there, so dont believe it yet.

Guest RonMexico82

Got my presale password for Dublin!

:lol:

Fuck Yes - THANKS FOR THE DUBLIN CONCERT!

Best news, just made my summer.

Haha, me too

You seem like a guy who'd know, so which do you think would be the better one to go to?

I'm equally 2 hours away from both :lol:

And also, what kinda tickets should I be looking for?

I'm a scrawny 16 year old, so I'd probably get teh shit kicked outta me in the pit...never been to a concert though!

Both if you can afford it. The O2 is a brand new state of the art venue and has received amazing reviews. You should be fine standing, just avoid the pit where you WILL be thrown around like a rag doll.

Belfast might be cheaper to attend.

Hmmm, would like to do both myself as I'm in Donegal,so not much difference to both. I think the o2 will probably have it in sound quality,great reviews on this front. Now my 8 year old son will also be wanting to go with me (goes around singing you could be mine,chinese democracy or riad every day and watches T2 over and over). Whats the story there (I don't go to many big concerts), will it be ok to bring someone that young to a concert in the o2 or Odyssey. Guess it would,will probably need to get seats,as it will be too long for him to stand (depends on Axl being on time really i suppose).Good thing is that they will be in Ireland for a couple of days this time (unless Axl goes back to London), so there may be a chance to meet n greet some of the band or at least catch sight of the great man.

Go to the o2 and get a seated ticket. For the encore throw your son to the pit. :D

Haha, me too

You seem like a guy who'd know, so which do you think would be the better one to go to?

I'm a scrawny 16 year old, so I'd probably get teh shit kicked outta me in the pit...never been to a concert though!

Both if you can afford it. The O2 is a brand new state of the art venue and has received amazing reviews. You should be fine standing, just avoid the pit where you WILL be thrown around like a rag doll.

Hmmm, would like to do both myself as I'm in Donegal,so not much difference to both. I think the o2 will probably have it in sound quality,great reviews on this front. Now my 8 year old son will also be wanting to go with me (goes around singing you could be mine,chinese democracy or riad every day and watches T2 over and over). Whats the story there (I don't go to many big concerts), will it be ok to bring someone that young to a concert in the o2 or Odyssey. Guess it would,will probably need to get seats,as it will be too long for him to stand (depends on Axl being on time really i suppose).Good thing is that they will be in Ireland for a couple of days this time (unless Axl goes back to London), so there may be a chance to meet n greet some of the band or at least catch sight of the great man.

Go to the o2 and get a seated ticket. For the encore throw your son to the pit. :D

He would just love that, so should be ok to take him then I think.my wife will go also.I saw them in 92 + 06 and thought that would possibly be it.so now we are on bonus time. Just mentioned to the wife that I may take a weeks holiday and do Belfast too,long pause on the other end of the phone.f**K it I'll go if I can get the time off work.

Edited by no1gooner

Nahh. They were probably just exaggerating when they said that, they probably meant Only festival. someone said a while back that apparently in 06, download's website said that it was gnrs only uk appearance in 06, and look what ahppened there, so dont believe it yet.

Or you know maybe they weren't. In 06 Download was advertised as their only festival appearance whereas Reading and Leeds have been advertised as only UK appearance. So I honestly don't know why people are holding up hope, from the looks of it the Second Leg will start at Reading and Leeds which makes sense for the start of the second leg.

Where? How? Is this with O2? I suppose it's too late to sign up for that now?

Ah bollocks that for a game of soilders. It appears you have to be with O2. Ah how about no on that front.

Just get someone that is with o2 to register.They text the password for priority tickets.As far as I know they only charge at the standard rate. Tbh I don't think tickets will be a problem,it won't sell that quickly and there is also the Belfast gig. Not sure what has happened since 2006, but it seems in Europe that the demand has gone down. It is probbly partly down to the recession , but also I think that in 06 most casual fans and general concert goers thought that it was pretty much the original band (a lot of tv advertising and paper articles showed pics of the old band) and then they discovered when they got there that there was no slash and duff. This time it seems to be the die hards that are buying the tickets. Pity really, as they seem to be putting on some great shows this time and we would all benefit from the atmosphere of a full house.

Edited by no1gooner

I read that the leeds/reading dates would be the bands only FESTIVAL appearances for the year in the UK-ambiguous enough to suggest that it wasn't the only uk appearance full stop.

I reckon london is in with a chance yet. If not-i expect i will try for Dublin.

Haha, me too

I def reccommend you get a seat- i took my son -whos older than yours to a Muse gig recently.We were in the pit and after hours of waiting when the band came on and the crowd went crazy he just couldn't stick it any longer so we got pulled out. that was a shame.the next concert i went to we had a front side block seat and he enjoyed it much more-which meant i did too!

if i was alone i would have stood but anyone with a child-it's tough.

I read that the leeds/reading dates would be the bands only FESTIVAL appearances for the year in the UK-ambiguous enough to suggest that it wasn't the only uk appearance full stop.

I reckon london is in with a chance yet. If not-i expect i will try for Dublin.

Haha, me too

I def reccommend you get a seat- i took my son -whos older than yours to a Muse gig recently.We were in the pit and after hours of waiting when the band came on and the crowd went crazy he just couldn't stick it any longer so we got pulled out. that was a shame.the next concert i went to we had a front side block seat and he enjoyed it much more-which meant i did too!

if i was alone i would have stood but anyone with a child-it's tough.

Many thanks for that. which blocks of seats at the o2 Dublin would you reckon are the best?

When I read the press release it said only UK 'Festival' dates. Did they change that to only UK dates?

Does look like it. If you look at another headliner's profile, Blink 182:

The wait is over with the announcement that BLINK-182 will play their exclusive UK Festival Appearance and only English shows in 2010 by headlining Reading Festival.

Does read totally differently so thinking that no UK shows is pretty likely. :-(

Does look like it. If you look at another headliner's profile, Blink 182:

The wait is over with the announcement that BLINK-182 will play their exclusive UK Festival Appearance and only English shows in 2010 by headlining Reading Festival.

Does read totally differently so thinking that no UK shows is pretty likely. :-(

Im Still Unsure. I Dont See why theyd Only do One Festival appearance, unless they return next year.

Im Going To Leeds Anyway, but Still, I want an Arena show. :D

But Im not sure why they wouldnt do a UK tour. or at least a few shows, in 06 they Played a lot of shows in England.